Chapter 34: The Familiar Face

Nahe felt the wind change in a split second, he looked around confused. At the same time, Elias was gonna ask his question but suddenly decided against so. "I'll just..." Elias paused for a second. "Never mind, don't worry about it" he said as he turned to walk over to the house. Kitsune looked over at Stella knowing what he had just done. He looked back at her and turned to look at the ocean after. Nahe followed behind Elias.

Nahe: Everything okay?

Elias: Yeah.

Nahe: You sure? You seem uneasy.

Elias: It's nothing, this whole situation is just...weird.

Although Nahe didn't know Elias at all, he could tell something was off. He knew that wasn't the reason he seemed uneasy. He decided not to pry further and instead just assured him that everyone will be fine. The two entered the house to find Yuzui and Kenos inspecting every single corner of it while Nichi and Acheron stood near the door.

Nichi: They still don't trust this place.

Kenos: Of course I don't.

Stella walked through the door and saw the two.

Stella: Listen, I don't do traps, it's a cheap tactic.

Kenos: That's what you want us to think, I know about your mind games.

Stella got agitated.

Stella: Can you just put your pride aside and listen to me for once!

Kenos: Why should I? So we can end up like-

Stella: So we can both make it through this alive!

Kenos: Since when do you care about anyone!

Elias and Acheron sighed as Nichi sat on the floor. Nahe walked outside the house and bumped into Kitsune.

Nahe: Oh, sorry.

Kitsune: Oh, don't worry. I wasn't looking.

She paused for a second as she heard Kenos and Stella arguing.

Kitsune: Are they already at it again?

Nahe: This is normal?

Kitsune: It usually involves more blood and weapons than words, so I guess that's better than before.

Nahe: What's their beef anyway?

Kitsune: It's a long story involving a lot of death and future knowledge.

Nahe: There's never really anything simple with Telum users as I can see.

Kitsune: Not with these two.

The two heard something breaking inside.

Nahe: Are you two together by the way?

She looked at him directly in the eyes in a flustered manner.

Nahe: So what I can gather from that is that you aren't, but-

A blue bubble surrounded Nahe as he was flung away from the house. As he got his bearings from the landing, he noticed he was at the edge of the beach. He noticed Kitsune walking towards him with a wolf by her side.

Kitsune: You seem to know a lot.

Nahe coughed and smiled at the remark.

Kitsune: How did you get that info from just a stare.

Nahe: I'm just good at reading people.

Kitsune: Bullshit, what's your power?

Nahe: Kitsune Hoshi, you had a brother named Inu who was killed in a fight with a monstra. You were also close with someone called Okami "Hoshi" a.k.a. Okami Stella who was killed by no other than the person you talk to every day. You don't have a Telum, but you can summon spirits and create protective barriers which... isn't actually a power of your own. Alepou Katharos had that power until she died by the hands of her father. Did I miss anything else?

Kitsune: Since when do you know all this?

Nahe: I won't reveal all that just yet, you still see me as a target.

Kitsune sighed, and the wolf vanished in thin air.

Kitsune: Hmm, so your full power activates when someone starts targeting you. If not targeted, you can only get little info from people.

Nahe: What the-

Kitsune: I don't need a power to gather information.

She let the bubble around Nahe vanish.

Nahe: Don't worry, I won't tell anyone anything.

Kitsune sat down on the sand and looked up at the night sky.

Nahe: Are you okay?

She stayed quiet as Nahe looked into her eyes.

Nahe: You're thinking about the past.

Kitsune: Stop doing that.

He chuckled as he sat down on the sand as well.

Kitsune: I wonder what everything could have been like if we hadn't been dragged into this mess.

Nahe: This one or Russia?

Kitsune: Russia.

Nahe: Aren't you glad to have met Sobaka and everyone else.

Kitsune: Yeah but like, if only it were different circumstances.

Nahe: It seemed...difficult.

Kitsune: Yeah... ...How do you get that info? Do you experience it or is it like pictures?

Nahe: It's like watching a movie but not at the same time. Like...I didn't live through it, but I also didn't exactly watch it happen. The memories just appear as if I was there. That's why I can only know things from your perspective.

Kitsune: Hmm... I'd say to try and do it on "the person I talk to every day" but he might kill you before you even get info. Also, he has a name.

Nahe: I know, but it's all confusing when he's multiple people.

Kitsune: Just call him Stella, I don't know if he wants to be called Argos or Lykos... probably not.

Nahe: Right.

She stood up and brushed the sand off of her pants.

Kitsune: Let's go see if they haven't killed each other yet.

Nahe laughed as he stood up.

-------------------------

As the debris from what was once a castle covered the snowy plain, the unknown creatures started to take the shape of humans and walked around looking for anyone they could find. A dark figure appeared through a portal near them and commanded them to spread out and look for any survivors.

The figure took off the hood of the orange cloak he had on to reveal his long brown hair and orange eye. His other eye was covered by his hair, there seemed to be a scratch under it. He summoned an axe and moved some debris with it to reveal some bones with horns. He smiled as he put his hood back on and created another portal.