Chapter 21: The Girl Who Lost It All

Volk: Ale, are you okay?

She looked at him with a sad face.

Alepou: Should I be?

Volk: I-

Alepou: There's no sign of him anywhere, I've been waiting all night.

Volk looked outside the window as well.

Alepou: I didn't want any of this...I just wanted a normal life with my friends...

Volk put his hand on her shoulder and tried to comfort her.

Volk: I'm sure that Fidi's just having trouble coming back.

"I wish that was the truth." said Volk to himself in his head.

Volk: He'll come back with Ly anytime.

"I wish we had another chance..." said Volk to himself again.

Alepou: You don't have to lie...it'll hurt more when the truth hits us.

Volk: I... I don't know what else to say...you should get some sleep though, we're gonna finish all this tomorrow.

Alepou: I don't wanna sleep...I don't wanna see tomorrow...I don't wanna lose anyone else. Can't we have a break?

Volk sat down near her.

Volk: I understand you completely, but the break will come sooner if we finish faster.

She took a deep breath and let it out.

Alepou: I guess you're right...I just need to clear my mind.

She stood up and started to leave the kitchen.

Alepou: Hey V...

Volk: Hmm?

Alepou: Thanks for everything...

Volk: You're...welcome. Good Night.

She left the room. Volk sat down while looking outside, he eventually fell asleep with his head on the wall. Morning arrived and Sobaka walked into the kitchen to see Volk asleep. He walked over to him and woke him up.

Sobaka: Wakey, wakey...

Volk: Hmm, oh hey.

Sobaka: You good?

Volk: Have I ever been?

Sobaka: Right...should we wake everyone else up?

Volk: Give them a few minutes, everyone must be exhausted.

Sobaka: Alright then, I'll make breakfast for today.

He walked over to the stove and turned it on, he started making breakfast for everyone else.

Volk: Since when can you cook?

Sobaka: The only thing I can make is breakfast, it's my only specialty.

Volk: Fair enough.

Volk was still looking outside the window, he saw two figures approaching the house.

Volk: Is that...?

He looked closer thinking it was Lykos and Fidi, he noticed that they were too tall to be any of the two.

Volk: Wake everyone up, we have company.

Sobaka turned off the stove and ran to the rooms to wake everyone up. Volk went out through the front door and confronted the two figures.