Chapter 7: Helping Hand

Some time had passed and it was already noon. Everyone had met up once again, they talked about everything that had happened. Alepou mentioned that when she looked back for a second, she had noticed that Lykos was in the sky.

Lykos: Honestly, I don't know why I did that...Oh, wait...it wasn't by choice.

He looked towards Volk.

Volk: It helped us finish them off didn't it.

Lykos: Wasn't there another way?!

Skylos: Whoa, whoa, whoa...wait a second. Ly, since when did you have a Telum?

Alepou and Skylos looked towards Lykos confused.

Lykos: Well...haha...

"Should I tell them the truth?" he thought to himself, looking at the ground. He let out a deep breath."

"What even is the truth? I don't even remember when I got this..." he kept thinking.

Lykos: Hmm...listen...I'll tell you everything later, for now, let's just find another place to set up in.

Sobaka: Kid's right, we need to find someplace soon.

Kitsune: Can't we just head back to the small town?

Sobaka: We could but the harpies knocked the power remember? We'll freeze to death inside.

Okami: Yeah, either way, we need to head out of this place. We could cover a bit more ground by going somewhere else.

Volk: Hold on, I see something up ahead.

Volk pointed somewhere and the rest of the group looked to where he pointed. They all saw a light and a figure.

Sobaka: Is that...?

Volk: Another sign of life!

Okami: Huh...

The figure got closer to reveal another person that was approaching them.

Alepou: Are we sure he's friendly though?

Inu: She's right, don't let your guard down. After what happened today we can't rule out anything.

Volk: Can't you see the future and see if it's friendly?

Inu: Even that power has its limits and I kind of don't wanna exceed them.

Volk: Right...I'll go ahead and approach whoever that is.

Volk walked towards the person and started talking to it. It turns out it is a survivor, he said his name was Aster and that he saw what happened with the harpies. He wanted to make sure everything was okay over here. He said that there was another small town nearby and that he would help them and lead them there. Volk called over the group and everyone started walking towards the town.

Okami: So...how did you manage to see everything from far away?

He took some binoculars out of a bag he had.

Okami: Oh...but how did you know there were people here?

Aster: Well, I saw a boy up in the sky throwing axes. Plus the explosion was very loud.

Volk: Explosions tend to do that. BUT SEE! I knew throwing you up there was a good idea.

Lykos: Okay, but we are not doing that again.

Aster: How did you make it back down safe?

Lykos: Oh, I used a falling harpy to break the fall.

Aster: That still would've hurt you somehow though. Are you sure that you're okay? Wait...you're a Telum user, right?

Lykos: Uhh...yeah. How'd you know?

Aster: Ahh, that's why you're fine. A Telum user has more resistance than regular people.

Lykos: Oh...that makes a lot more sense.....Wait, how do you know that?

Aster's hand started shining, and he pulled a greatsword from thin air.

Aster: It takes a Telum user to know about Telum things.

Okami: YOOO, yours looks so cool.

Aster: Haha, thanks.

The group continued talking while heading towards the town, ten minutes passed,they finally reached it.

Aster: Well, this is it. You can stay in any house you want since well....I'm the only one that survived this mess...

Volk put his hand on Aster's shoulder.

Volk: Thanks, we owe you one.

Aster: Heh, no problem. Just helping fellow survivors...although, six of you don't look like you're from around here.

Sobaka: Hahaha, it's a long story. Just know that it was pure coincidence

Aster: I'll be happy to hear it, pass by my place, so we can talk some more if you want. My house is over there.

He pointed towards a two-story building in the distance.

Sobaka: Sound like fun, once we settle in for the day we'll pass by.

Aster: Alright then, go ahead and do whatever you need, I'll be over there.

Inu: Will do.

Aster waved at the group and headed towards his house.

Alepou: Are we all staying in the same place again?

Inu, Volk, and Sobaka looked around.

Inu: All the places here seem stable.

Volk: We could probably go to different houses.

Sobaka: It would be more comfortable for everyone.

Alepou: Right.

She grabbed Lykos' hand and started walking towards a small house.

Lykos: Uhh...see you all later I guess.

Skylos: Wait for me!

In the distance, Alepou was seen pushing Skylos away while pulling Lykos with him.

Okami: Is she mad?

Volk: Seemed like it.

Kitsune: Well if you'll excuse us, WE are heading to a house as well.

She grabbed Okami's hand and started dragging him towards a house. Inu stopped both of them and got in between them and went to the house as well.

Volk: Alright then...

Sobaka looked at Volk with a smug smile.

Volk: What?

Sobaka: You're thinking about her.

Volk: Fuck off.

Volk started walking towards a house.

Sobaka: You know I'm right!

As Volk walked through the door, he flicked off Sobaka.

Sobaka: He knows I'm right...

He looked around and decided to go into a small house that he liked. The group settled in nicely and everyone had their space. Some of them decided to go out and talk with Aster before they went to sleep. Lykos, Alepou, and Skylos stayed in the house, Kitsune and Okami did the same.

The younger ones seem to be a lot more tired from all the walking and fighting that had happened. The older ones knew this and didn't force them to group up before going to bed. After all, they didn't exactly know what would happen the next day. It was better for them to rest while they had the chance to do so.