Chapter 73: Clouded Vision

Kochev was standing above everyone, knowing that these weren't just monstra around them. He recognized these different monsters from a time long gone. He knew that only those not chosen by their Telums could inflict any damage. He could not do anything to help the group, so he only warned them.

Kochev: Kit, Nahe, Elias... you three are the only ones capable of killing these things. Volk, Okami, Yuzui, and Kenos, protect them at all costs cause not even I can help you in this fight.

The group looked around at each other, everyone got close together. Elias cracked his knuckles and prepared. Yuzui stood in front of Nahe while Kenos stood behind those two. Okami and Kitsune stood side by side. One of the monsters jumped at them, its pitch black body making it easy to see in the daytime. Kitsune swung the spirit axe up at the creature, taking it down with ease. From another side, two creatures rushed towards Elias. Volk blocked one of the attacks quickly, his shield bounced back. Elias met the other one in the air with his fists, leaving a hole in the creature's body.

Kenos swung at one of the creature's to try and stop its attack his Halberd bounced off of it. Yuzui punched one of the creatures back, hurting her hand in the process. Nahe quickly thought of a plan, he called Kitsune over and grabbed her wrist. Okami protected the two without a second to think. He swung sideways at a creature and his scythe bounced back. Nahe took in some of Kitsune's spirit power thanks to the orb he had used a while back.

Nahe: Kit, get the thing. I'll help cover everyone.

Kitsune nodded as she moved towards her earlier stop. Volk created a wall of ice to block off some of the creatures which kept emerging from every nook and cranny of the tumbled down castle. Kenos moved carefully next to Yuzui, the two of them blocked every hit possible from the now horde of creatures jumping at them from every possible angle. Kitsune kicked away large pieces of debris from a door which had a spiral, concrete stairway down. She ducked down quickly, a creature just barely passing over her.

Kitsune: Wow. Thank the gods these things aren't that big...

The group moved closer to her as they kept dodging, punching and blocking their way through this endless horde. Kochev looked at everyone from above, he noticed a separate group of the creatures looking straight at him. They began to form a pile which began to reach him. He took a few steps up in the sky as if walking up the stairs, even if nothing was under him. The pile got much larger and quicker. He raised his hand and summoned his weapon, a flame surrounded it. He shot a very bright and devastating bullet at the group, yet it only stunned the creatures for a second.

Volk began creating walls of ice around the group, trying to cover them as much as possible. As they began to walk down the stairway, Elias stayed behind the group punching through anything that got near them. He was beginning to accidentally hit the walls trying to hit the creatures. With every hit he landed on that concrete, the surrounding stairway shook. More shots were heard from outside, the group moved down the place quickly. Volk grabbed Elias' shoulder and pulled him back as he created a wall to block off any incoming creature.

As he looked back at Elias all he saw was pure anger. Elias wanted nothing more than to keep punching his way through things.

Volk: Keep moving!

He walked around Elias and followed the group. Everything around them shook, the creatures were trying any way possible to slip through. Everyone began moving even quicker. Kitsune grabbed Okami's wrist and scraped his hand over his jacket to create a fire. He pulled at his arm using it as a light source as it had gotten dark. She had more or less of an idea of where Argos had left the thing she was looking for. She walked past barrels of wine and came across a painting that was marked with a green "A".

In the back of the group, the creatures had begun slipping through the ice and walls of the place. Elias began hitting everything that moved again. Nahe had started cutting though things with a broadsword he created from the spirit energy he borrowed. The three of them were close to each other. Kenos and Yuzui stood in the middle of the group, unable to do anything. Volk called out to the front of the group.

Volk: How's it going over there?!

Kitsune had taken down the painting and grabbed a suitcase that was hidden behind it. She opened it to make sure the thing she wanted was inside. Nahe fell back, dodging a creature. Volk went to protect Nahe just as Elias had swung at the creature. In the blink of an eye, Volk fell to the ground. The sound of his shield hitting the ground echoed through the place, alerting everyone of what was happening.