Chapter 31: The Bonds Between

As Elias moved Nichi back, Stella closed the portal behind him.

Elias: Get back!

Stella: I don't want any trouble with you two. Hand that thing over, it's important.

Nichi looked at the emblem and then looked back at Stella.

Nichi: Why do you want it?

Stella: I need it for something I'm doing.

Nichi: ...no, from what Ken has said...you-

Stella closed his eyes and took a deep breath. A light surged through his arm and his axe appeared once again. As he took a step forward Elias raised his voice.

Elias: Don't do this Ly!

Stella stopped moving and looked closely at Elias, finally recognizing him after so many years.

Stella: Huh...small world. Didn't you lose the first fight you had with me all those years ago?

Elias: I'm not that same kid anymore, I left that group and Lorides behind.

Stella: Yet, you're still out of your league.

In the blink of an eye, Stella appeared in front of Elias and with the back of his hand, he hit him back towards Nichi. The two hit the wall that was behind them. Stella stretched his arm forward and grabbed Elias. As he brought Elias towards himself, he started to get a bit agitated. He dropped his axe and punched him in the chest.

Stella: You're why I exist.

He threw him into another wall and started walking towards him.

Stella: The reason they all died!

Nichi stood up quickly and grabbed the axe from the floor using all her strength. As Stella was about to kick Elias, she swung at Stella with the axe. He disappeared and reappeared behind her. Stella sighed.

Stella: Give it up.

He grabbed Nichi by the arm, and she looked back at him with a sad expression.

Nichi: Stop it...please.

He looked at her, it reminded him of someone. He let go and snapped his fingers. Everything around the two of them stopped moving. Stella's voice turned soft and slow.

Stella: Just...give me the thing.

Nichi: What are you really gonna do with it...?

Stella: Fix some things that I messed up.

She looked at the emblem again.

Nichi: What...even is this?

Stella: All of you ask a lot of questions... The spirits you saw were people who passed through here. It replayed a specific moment that had happened in the past. It can be used to boost your own power, that's not my goal.

He put his hand forward.

Stella: I gave you the information, I'm not hiding anything... please give it...

Nichi: ...here. I'm trusting you'll leave us alone?

Stella: Yeah...unless you find something else I need.

Nichi: Huh... You aren't such a bad person.

Stella: Thanks...

He created a portal and snapped his fingers again. As everything and everyone began to move again, he left. Nichi ran over to Elias who was hurt.

Nichi: Oh Eli...come here.

She helped him stand up.

Elias: Where'd he go...?

Nichi: Don't worry about him, he won't bother us.

Elias: He better not...

Nichi: Let's go back.

Elias: Yeah...this place is creepy.

Nichi: Let's not tell Ken about this...who knows what'll happen.

Elias: Right...

The two went out through the back of the house. The weather was much calmer now so there was no need for them to stay close. They started walking back to the house they had come from.

Elias: I wonder if anyone will ever come here and reclaim this land.

Nichi: Maybe people are just too scared for history to repeat itself.

Elias: There's always a risk whenever you do something, if you come across it all you gotta do is keep moving forward. Show the world that you're stronger than anything in your path.

Nichi: Wow....that's awfully inspiring from someone who just got their ass beat.

Elias: Oh shut up.

The two laughed as they entered the house.

_________________

As Stella walked through the portal, he sensed something weird in the castle. He looked for Nahe and Acheron in their rooms but didn't find them. He got frustrated and went towards the room he told them not to enter. As he walked over to the open door, Acheron was flung out of that room. He looked over to see Stella annoyed.

Acheron: Haha...what's up?