Chapter 66: An Order

Alepou sat on the ground, she looked up to the sky. Volk looked at the gun, he closed his eyes for a second. Kitsune looked to the ground by her side, her eyes seemed regretful. Kochev stared at the sun.

Volk: Here, even if you do want to stop fighting...you might still be in danger afterwards.

Alepou: But-

Volk: No! Take the weapon. I don't want to find out that something happened to you while you were alone.

Alepou looked down before grabbing the gun again. She hid it quickly while standing up.

Alepou: Listen, I'll be fine. I doubt they assume I'm alive, so I'll just lie low and live a normal life.

Kitsune: Listen, I'm sorry we snapped at you. We just-

The ground began to shake, the air around turned cold. A moment later, the door to the house opened, it was Yuzui. Kochev began floating, he moved higher to get a view of what the commotion was. His face changed entirely, Volk noticed the fear in his eyes immediately and summoned his armor and shield.

Yuzui: What's happening?

Volk pointed up towards Kochev.

Volk: I don't know...but if the god is scared then...we need to prepare.

She nodded as she rushed back inside to warn everyone. Kochev's left hand began to glow while he summoned his Telum with his right hand. With his hand still glowing, he took out the mag from the Desert Eagle and gripped it tighter. As it began to glow, he put the mag back into the weapon. He aimed, holding the weapon with only one hand as he stretched his arm forward.

Kochev: For those of you below, you might wanna cover your ears. It's about to get hot so take cover.

His eyes lit up, the yellow in his pupils turned more vibrant. Alepou created a bubble to cover the house and them, leaving Kochev outside of it. A loud bang was heard as he shot one bullet into the distance. Nothing happened for a moment. Alepou struggled to keep the bubble up but kept trying. Kochev stood in front of the bubble and stretched his arms to the side, everyone stood by and watched. In an instant, the forest and sky were engulfed in flames. 

Kochev blocked most of it from hitting the bubble but Alepou was beginning to lose control of it. Nahe ran over to her, trying not to fall as the ground shook even more violently. He grabbed her arm and boosted her power, stabilizing the bubble. The ground around had been entirely scorched, the forest was entirely vaporized, and the surrounding area was filled with a thick cloud within seconds. Everyone looked around, unsure.

Kenos: What...just happened?

Volk: We're not exactly sure.

Volk suddenly felt an overwhelming presence cry out to him. Multiple voices filled his head, asking for help, yelling for an end. Volk grabbed his head and fell on his knees. Kitsune rushed over to him and grabbed his arm.

Kitsune: V?!

Volk shouted at the ground, unable to deal with the yelling in his head. He began breathing in a sporadic manner as he became nauseous. Kitsune looked back, unsure of what to do. Kochev tapped on the bubble, signaling them to open it. Alepou made a fist and the bubble disappeared.

Kochev: Look, I bought time, but it isn't safe here anymore.

Kenos: What's happening!?

Kochev: Just get out of here, Ken! I'll tell you after, there isn't-

Kitsune: TELL US WHAT'S GOING ON?!