Chapter 55: Tainted

Volk let go of the person and put his foot on their chest, so they couldn't get up. He grabbed his sledgehammer from thin air and looked down.

Volk: You know, I was told I was pretty good at wack-a-mole back then... I hope that information is enough for you to start talking.

Alepou walked next to him and pointed her gun at the person.

Alepou: Maybe this'll speed you up.

Kenos: Dudes, you're starting to sound like villains. Let the kid breathe and maybe he can talk.

Okami: Ale, trap him.

Alepou: Great idea.

She hid her gun again and put her hand toward the person as Nahe walked towards them. As he saw the unknown person grab the ground, Nahe began to run. A spark appeared just under the person's hand, soon after, the surrounding ground ignited and sent everyone who was close back.

Volk grabbed his head as the ringing in his ears wouldn't stop. The stranger stood up and began to run. Alepou lifted her head from the ground and while trying to ignore the ringing, she grabbed her gun once again and tried aiming at the stranger. Not being able to focus as her vision was blurry, she shot in the general direction trying to just get a hit in. Nahe, still on the ground, had gotten the information he needed. As the stranger tried turning invisible again, one bullet hit his ankle.

He fell forward and onto the ground as Elias, Yuzui and Tori ran towards him to try and stop him from trying anything else. The stranger turned over as he grabbed mud from the ground and threw it towards the people running at him.

As the mud flew at the three, like a bomb, it detonated just as a dagger landed on the ground next to him. Yuzui appeared next to the stranger as Elias was still standing and Tori had created a small barrier in front of her. Yuzui stepped on one of his wrist as she drove her dagger into his other wrist. As the stranger yelled out in pain, Alepou approached him, she had one hand covering her ear and the other on her gun. 

Yuzui: You better start talking or-

Alepou proceeded to unload the entire clip on the stranger. Yuzui looked back at her, she grabbed the gun and disassembled it with one hand.

Yuzui: What the hell do you think you're doing?!

Alepou: He was bad, I took care of him. 

Yuzui: You can't just kill someone! That's not how it works.

Alepou: Yeah? Well I'm not letting anyone else get hurt, and I refuse to take risks.

Yuzui dismissed her daggers as she grabbed Alepou's wrist.

Yuzui: Just because you're still grieving over someone doesn't mean you can do whatever you want.

Alepou: Whatever I want?!

She moved her other arm showing off Tori, Okami and Volk.

Alepou: If only you lived through the hell we did maybe you'd understand why any threat could mean life or death. You know how many people we lost? Now that we have the power to stop anything I, for one, am gonna use it.

Nahe grabbed both of their shoulders.

Nahe: Listen, let's get out of here. I have the answers.

Yuzui and Alepou looked angrily at each other before walking off. Everyone disregarded the stranger's body as it disappeared, everyone except Acheron who seemed to pick something up when no one noticed. The rain kept on pouring as Nahe ran in front of everyone. The second he stopped, everyone did as well. He turned his head to nod at the group as he slowly reached his hand out of the area.