Chapter 49: The Darkness

As he disappeared, everything began to move again. As everyone looked at Alepou and Kitsune, they noticed he was gone. Alepou fell on her knees while Kitsune's arms shook. Okami stood up as smoke was still emitting from him. Nahe sat next to Kenos who was letting out less smoke now. Volk walked over to comfort Alepou and Kitsune. Yuzui walked over to Kenos. Nichi and Elias held hands. Acheron sat on the ground.

Nahe: Well...everyone got what they wanted in the end.... sadly..

Kenos lifted his head.

Kenos: The fight isn't over.

Nahe: Huh?

Creatures emerged from the ground all around everyone, some were monstra, some were other things. Yuzui summoned her daggers as she wiped her face clean from sweat. Alepou wiped her face from tears, annoyed. Kitsune was holding most of her emotions back. As she took a deep breath, she created gauntlets with the spirit energy left behind by the death around them. Smoke began emitting from her back again.

Volk grabbed her arm, she looked at him directly. He let go of her arm as she started walking towards the creatures. Yuzui threw her dagger near Kenos and shifted to him.

Yuzui: Ken, can you use your telum?

Kenos: I can summon it with no problem, but I can't fight.

Yuzui: That's fine, give it to Elias. He's the only one that can carry that thing.

Kenos: The kid has no experience.

Yuzui: Nahe, can your power to transfer memories.

Acheron: I might be able to help with that.

Yuzui: Perfect.

Nahe: You sure you want someone else with his memories? You do know that it is EVERYTHING. Ken has a lot of memories of you.

Elias and Nichi had moved over with the rest of them.

Yuzui: ...it's a price to pay I guess.

Nahe: Sure...Ache, do your thing.

Elias: What's going on?

Kenos summoned his halberd and threw it at Elias. As Elias caught it, Acheron put his hand up towards Nahe.

Yuzui: We're giving you his telum and his memories, so you can use it efficiently.

Elias: Hey wait, I didn't consent to this.

Yuzui: We have no other choice... sorry kid.

As creatures rushed towards the other group, Kitsune started beating down creature after creature brutally. Alepou put her hand out towards Volk.

Alepou: Throw me over there.

Volk: Ale, I don't think-

Alepou: I don't care what you think, throw me over there!

Volk: NO! You're not doing this again! You did this same thing last time and look where it got you. I'm not losing anyone else!

She tried moving away, but Volk held her in place.

Alepou: Why didn't you stop her then!?

Volk: Because she has experience! She didn't die in front of us because Ly had left us!

As Kitsune punched through a creature, her fire activated and lit up anything behind the punch.

Alepou: You wouldn't know how this feels!