Chapter 82: A Plan

He awoke, completely disoriented and completely annoyed. He noticed it was late, the two people in front of him telling him 'Hi' in their own ways. Furthermore, he took a deep breath and stood up from the lawn chair.

Volk: Okay. What now?

Tori: Well, we're waiting on your sleepy ass to join us in the house.

Volk: How long was I out?

Nahe: Like, a full day.

Volk: What?! You all just let me sleep?

Tori: You seriously believe a full day passed?

Volk: Yes. I slept for two days once.

Nahe: Dude how? Wouldn't your body wake you up to use the bathroom?

Volk: Weirdly enough, dude, no. It was back in the academy, we were on leave for the holidays. Me and Soba-

He took a second. After that, he took a deep breath.

Volk: A friend and I were staying in a hotel with another group of friends. They decided to test out how long I could sleep and so well, two days was the record.

Nahe: So they literally just didn't wake you up?

Volk: Basically.

Tori: Crazy.

Volk: Yeah, it was...

He took another second.

Volk: Let's, uhh, go do what we have to do.

He proceeded to start walking towards the door. As Volk passed next to Tori, she grabbed his arm and stopped him in his tracks.

Tori: You wanna talk about that pause?

Volk closed his eyes and sighed. He gently grabbed onto Tori's arm, signaling her to let go.

Volk: Not the time. I've got to keep going, y'know? There'll be plenty of time once this is over.

As Tori let go of his arm, he walked into the house. Nahe and Tori looked at each other, concerned for his well-being. They followed alongside behind him. Once they entered the house, they noticed everyone was actually sitting down calmly whilst listening to Ava talk about the island before the flood happened.

They mentioned how despite how bad sometimes things were in there, it felt good being a part of that community. They kept on talking about how the food was the best around and honestly did not compare to anywhere else in the world. They showed genuine love for this place.

Ava: Anyway, my bad for talking so much. I tend to get wrapped up in conversations.

Kenos: All good, if you're passionate about something, then don't let us stop you.

Ava: Yeah, but we have a goal in mind right now. So, what's your plan, Ken?

Kenos: Let me establish everyone's goals here first.  Ava, you wish to end the reign of the 'Order', correct?

Ava: Correct. They've left this place riddled with failed experiments and have hurt way too many of my people for me to not do anything about that.

Kenos: Perfect. Volk, Tori, Okami. You wish to get Alepou back from their grasp, correct?

Tori: If there is a chance that she's not already gone, then yeah.

Volk: I don't want to let anyone else die. Not anymore.

Okami: We're not giving up on anyone.