Chapter 39: The Wrong Side

Lykos jumped out of bed.

Lykos: Oka, it's not what it looks like.

Okami: Really? Cause to me, it looks like you two were really close!

Kitsune: I was just-

Okami: Stop! I'm not hearing you out anymore, I was warned and didn't listen.

He summoned Star Diamond.

Okami: You two deserve the coldest spot in helheim!

He ran forward and swung at Kitsune, Lykos jumped in the way and blocked it with his axe. As his Star Diamond moved back from the clash, Okami kicked Lykos to push him and himself away. The kick sent Lykos back into Kitsune and the two fell back.

Lykos: Sorry Kit. I'm not letting you be a part of this.

He got up and ran towards Okami with his axe up high. Okami prepared to block it with his scythe but as Lykos saw this, he threw the axe to his side and ducked to tackle Okami from his stomach.

With the momentum, he and Okami were falling back. But before hitting the ground, they shifted to a different location. They were outside in a parking lot, it was raining. As they hit the ground, Okami used his elbow to hit Lykos' back multiple times. Lykos moved his head up to hit Okami's jaw. The two separated and looked at each other.

Okami: And here I thought the worst thing you could do was kill us. But no, you didn't stop there...you took my one shot at a happy life with someone. Tell me, did she plan this with you?! Was that what you talked about when you two went inside alone?!

Lykos summoned his axe again.

Lykos: No, she wanted answers about what Argos was.

Okami: Oh I get it, this isn't her...it's the other one then. You manipulated her to do your biding.

Lykos: Okami! We aren't a thing! She's just my friend!

Okami: Shut up!

He dropped his Telum on the ground and stretched his arms in every direction to try and throw Lykos off. In turn, Lykos tried doing the same, but it didn't work, he didn't have the power.

Lykos: Wha-

Okami grabbed Lykos' throat with one of both hands and lifted him up.

Okami: I promise you... I will end your life in THE most painful way possible.

Lykos tried to get his hand off but to no avail. Okami launched Lykos in the air and grabbed Star Diamond.

"Ugh, what should I do? I won't kill him, he's already alive which is the plan." Lykos said. He took a deep breath and grabbed his axe tightly. As he fell, he regained his balanced and threw the axe down only to control its trajectory and move it under him. He landed slowly on it and moved through the air to land on the ground safely.

Okami: Just give up, you insolent prick!

He quickly rubbed his hand against his hoodie as if lighting a match. A fire appeared in his hand which he then threw and motioned a circle. A wall of pure red fire surrounded Lykos, not even the rain could put it out.

Okami: Enjoy the heat, where you're going there won't be any!

He started walking towards the circle.

Lykos: Okami! Whoever told you about what's happening is wrong!

Okami: I saw you two with my two eyes! HOW CAN I BE WRONG!?