Chapter 42: The Demi Gods

Kenos: So let me get this straight...Accalia is bringing everyone back to finish you two off?

Lykos: To my understanding, yeah...Are you sure that's who it was Oka?

Okami: I feel like I'm right in saying that. He mentioned my mother's name and had the same star under his eye. I ain't all that attentive, but I can figure that out.

Lykos: Fair...

A glint of anger showed in his voice. Everything around them started rumbling. Lykos looked at Kenos who was already trying to make a portal. As a light flickered, the portal failed to open.

Lykos: Ken!

Kenos: I- I can't do it. Zui, take Nahe with you. Re-group with us if we don't reach out to you!

Yuzui grabbed Nahe's hand and summoned her Telum. She ran to the balcony and threw it with all her strength. She looked back at Kenos and closed her eyes as she was transported to where the Telum had landed along with Nahe.

Kenos: Ly, can't you make one?

Lykos: We literally ran back here because I couldn't even teleport.

A loud roar was heard just outside the hotel.

Kenos: Can anyone else use anything?

Okami stretched his arms just fine while Tori created fire with her hand.

Lykos: Is it just us?

Elias ran into the room while carrying Nichi on his back.

Elias: Guys!!

Acheron came up behind the two.

Acheron: We might wanna portal out of here.

Screaming was heard from the lobby of the hotel.

Lykos heard a voice in his head say "Use the blood trick.".

"I don't know how." he responded back while trying to make a portal himself.

"You're all out of power right now, just concentrate on the pain when you make a cut." said the voice.

Lykos summoned his axe and looked at his hand.

Kenos: What's your plan?

Lykos made a cut in his own hand and grit his teeth from the pain.He dismissed the weapon and as blood dripped to the floor, he put that hand out and thought of the parking lot again. A portal was made to that exact place.

Kenos: Let's go.

Lykos: No.

Okami: Are you crazy?!

Lykos: We face this head on. Elias take your girl out of here, Acheron, go with them. If you see Yuzui, meet up immediately!

Elias ran through the portal with Nichi and Acheron followed.

Kenos: I respect the enthusiasm, but why? We can just avoid conflict right now?

Lykos: And keep running?! We have all this power, and we keep it for ourselves?! We can save people! We can solve this issue right here!

The portal closed as Tori grabbed Lykos' arm.

Lykos: I'm sorry, but I don't run away when I can help.

He said firmly. Kenos understood his motivations.

Someone was standing at the door, looking in. Everyone felt their presence and looked over to see who it was.

Alepou: So he was right...

Lykos' eyes widened. As he moved, he put his hand out towards her. Everything around him was slowed as he felt he was falling. He looked into Alepou's eyes which were undeniably mad. Him and everyone else fell through every floor only to be met by someone else.

Volk: So you're a traitor now too, Oka?

Everyone was on the floor from the fall. Kenos stood up quickly while Okami and Lykos looked at him. Alepou fell gracefully from above and landed on her feet next to Volk. She looked at Lykos angrily and got closer to Volk. He put his arm around her waist as Lykos stood up.

Lykos: What are-

Tori, who was still on the ground, looked around and noticed creatures surrounding them. She put her hand out and created a fire which she then threw at the figure. Lykos saw the creatures but decide to ignore them, he had bigger problems.

Lykos: Get your hand off her.

Volk: So now you care? Tell me, am I the problem to you?

Lykos' eyes turned black, his pupils white. He looked directly at Volk who was still holding onto Alepou.

Lykos: You're not...

With a tight grip, he repeatedly tapped the floor with the axe.

Okami: Volk, he lied to us, all of us! Drop this stupid act.

Kenos: What's the plan?

Everyone looked at different objectives. Tori got up from the floor, she spit out blood. As she wiped the blood from her mouth, she created a chisa katana from the spirit energy around her as Lykos kept angrily tapping on the floor.

Lykos: Get your hands off her.

Alepou: Shouldn't you be worried about your new girl?

Tori coughed as she held on to her weapon. Lykos used the blood that Tori had spit out as fuel for his healing. He healed Tori without looking away from Volk.

Volk: After all the promises you made to Ale, you really just up and left her for someone else....and you Okami, you just let this happen without a care in the world.

Okami summoned his Star Diamond.

Volk: Oh, the things me and Ale will do once we get rid of you!

Lykos' eyes changed once again, and orange glow showed up from under his hoodie. His hair also got a bit darker.

"Don't listen to him!" said the voice in Lykos' head.

Volk smiled as he had seen this look on Lykos' face before. His tone changed as to mock him.

Volk: There's that look! The one that killed us all. Tell me, was her death the catalyst to this all?

He laughed as he summoned his armor and shield.

"Ly!"  yelled the voice in Lykos' head.

The creatures ran at them, Tori ran to one and sliced through it. Kenos summoned his Halberd to accompany her while Okami stayed next to Lykos.

Volk: No response? Maybe this'll get you to do something.

He grabbed Alepou and gently moved her face closer to him. Volk looked directly into Lykos' eyes. Lykos' voice gained an ominous echo as the tapping stopped, the orange glow became stronger. His tone of voice was also as deep as Argos now.

Lykos: Let that be your last action, son of Hel.

Volk: Bring it on, star boy.