Chapter 4: Fates Sealed

The freezing winds hitting the window had woken us up that day.

Sobaka: What time is it?

Volk: You think I know?

Sobaka:  Fuck, let's head out.

Volk: What's the rush?

Sobaka: That it's gonna get worse quicker if we stay here now.

Volk: Have you heard the winds outside? We'll die.

Sobaka: Stop being such a pussy and let's go. It can't be that bad.

He opened the front door of the house and the wind entered the room. Ice started to form at the entrance of the house.

Sobaka: Ooh, umm let's stay.

This dude decided to hit the back of my head.

Volk: I told you.

Sobaka: Well I'm sorry mister know it all.

Volk: Oh fuck off, you should damn well know how strong the winds here are.

We sat down again.

Volk: So what's the plan now?

Sobaka: Stay till it's safe.

Volk: So now we're gonna stay.

Sobaka: Shut up.

Volk: If we can't get out of here, what are we gonna do?

Sobaka: I mean...there are still a few cans of beans left. I say we got 2 days in here if we eat sparingly.

Volk: Fair enough, let's hope that the winds cool down.

Sobaka: You want them to get colder? Are you okay?

Volk: You know what I mean, dumbass.

After a while of just sitting and looking at our fucking thumbs, we decided to just eat and sleep for today, so we could leave early the next day. That would've been a great idea and all but at around 1 in the morning I felt something strange and woke up.

I looked outside, and the winds were still hitting the window with a lot of force, I was surprised that they hadn't broken still. I looked up at the sky through the window and saw no clouds, it was really weird. Out of fucking nowhere, a shockwave hit us.

As the explosion echoed across the landscape, a sudden jolt ran through my body. The shockwave hit me like a physical force, slamming into my chest with a thunderous impact that left me momentarily stunned. For a split second, I couldn't breathe, couldn't move, couldn't think at all.

It was as if the world had been turned inside out, and I was caught in the middle of the chaos. More chaos than normal... Then, just as suddenly as it had come, the shockwave subsided, leaving behind a ringing in my ears and a lingering sense of awe at the raw power of the explosion.

The snow and the winds stopped, but the house got really fucked up.

Volk: What the hell?!

After that, a red and green light was seen filling the air.

Sobaka: What the hell is going on?

We started looking around outside to see if something had happened. A few minutes later we find you six wander the snowy plains.

Okami: That explains what happened but...