Chapter 17: Reflections

The group sat down outside and started to talk about their lives.

Volk: Hey kid, what's Greece like?

Lykos: Huh, oh...it's a very strict place when it comes to the names of heroes and gods. If you even smell like you're gonna talk bad about someone like that then...you'll find yourself in a lot of trouble.

Volk: Really now? That sounds stupid, what's the point of putting them on a pedestal if people like us can do the same or even better.

Alepou: Well, over there it's always been about our gods and heroes, especially in the early days. Some old folk claim that they got to visit Mount Olympus when all our gods used to inhabit it.

Volk: Hmm....speaking of gods and all that..... when the fuck is Thor getting here? I was ready for a fight.

Lykos: Hopefully soon because I want to sleep.

Volk: Hmm...Hey wait Ly, I'm curious. What really happens to you when your eyes turn white when you're all mad? I did tell you I was gonna interrogate you.

Lykos: You mean Argos?

Volk: Yeah, him.

Lykos: Well....he's the other me, he developed when I was young.

Sobaka: Alright then but, why does he seem more powerful than you? Can't you do all the same things he can?

Lykos: I think I can but, I'm new to this power stuff and I don't wanna lose control and let him out...I can't always come back easily.

Kitsune: Alright, what brings you back then?

Lykos looked to his left and fake coughed. Everyone looked to Lykos' left.

Alepou: Huh, what's going on? Why are you all looking at me?

Okami: Understood

Sobaka: How did he even....appear....? Become a thing? I don't know how to phrase it.

Lykos: Well.....

He talked about a story of when he was young, three kids that use to bully him took it really far and had hurt Skylos, Alepou, and Lykos. He said that Argos was born from the trauma of watching his friends get hurt.

Volk: Hold up, you're telling me that no one else saw this?

Lykos: Heh....back home we were separated into different villages by ages. We were all kids from the age of 4-9 in that one.

Sobaka: How the fuck did you all even eat?

Alepou: We ate 3 times during the school day, there was a cafeteria that would have 3 adults that got changed every week.

Okami: Alright but....what about the weekends?

Lykos, Alepou, and Skylos: A weekend doesn't exist until you're 14.

Okami: What the actual fuck.

Lykos: Anyway yeah....that's about it.

Okami: Hold up...if Argos isn't you then...What does he think about us?

Lykos looked at Okami directly in the eyes.

Lykos: Wanna find out?

Volk: Is that a good idea?

Lykos: I'm sure I can control myself.....him...if anything goes bad.

Alepou: Wait, you never told me you can do this at will.