Chapter 59: Dismissed Soul

Okami dug Star Diamond into the ground, fire ran through it.

Okami: How? Not even a god could stand against us.

Lamia: Pfft, you mean that knob Thor? Tell me Okami, didn't it seem too easy when you beat him?

Lamia: Somehow you all found a way to do that twice. It's a pity my lady had to go out to someone so undisciplined, someone who took her power and took her out so easily.

The voice spoke in Volk's head once again. "She said 'my lady'... did she work for Hel?" Lisa asked.

Volk: What do you mean 'my lady'? Don't you dare say she's the one behind this....

Lamia started laughing again.

Lamia: You shouldn't worry about her, mommy is nowhere to be found Volk.

Kenos: She used to work with Hel. Tell them Lamia, a 15-year-old girl who was as strong as a lower class Caelestia back then.

Lamia: That's the difference Stella, I was always stronger than anyone on your side. Why don't you tell them Ale? The story of your scar.

Alepou covered the scar on her jaw.

Alepou: Die in a ditch, wretch.

Okami moved closer to Alepou.

Okami: I see why you never mentioned her...

Alepou: I wish I never had to...

She motioned her arms to each side and created a bubble, covering Okami.

Alepou: Make her shut up please, I've had enough of the past for today.

Okami nodded as he moved the scythe out of the ground. Lamia stretched her arms out and took off her jacket.

Lamia: You finally ready for an actual fight?

Okami: Pfft. Who the hell do you think we are!?

Lamia's weapon was nowhere to be seen, she got into a fighting stance with her fists. Okami swung his scythe at the air, sending a flame Lamia's way. The voice was there once again

"Don't give her a chance to breathe, overwhelm her at all costs." Lisa spoke out.

Volk ran forward, dragging his sledgehammer through the ground as he followed the flames Okami kept sending out, his eyes now a pink instead of yellow. Lamia moved faster than the fire and began evading it.

Yuzui went to throw her dagger past Volk, he caught the dagger mid-air as he looked back and nodded at her. She transported towards the dagger, now being held up by Volk as he ran forward. Okami stopped firing flames out of his scythe and spun it around him, cause him to absorb the fire.

Volk threw Yuzui forward, as she used her one hand to attack Lamia. She caught Yuzui's attempted attack, but before she could do anything, Yuzui transported back to the other dagger she had left behind. Volk swung the sledgehammer up from the ground, hitting Lamia's jaw. Volk made the sledgehammer turn into his shield and blocked a kick from Lamia.

Kenos ran towards her from behind, with his arm, he grabbed the air once again and reached his hand into a rift. He spread the mist on his body as he gave off a glow once again. Lamia motioned her arm forward and a strong wind pushed Volk back. He tried anchoring himself by changing the shield into the sledgehammer and pining it on the ground.

Kenos went in to slice through Lamia with his Halberd, but Lamia jumped up and pushed herself down to hit Kenos. As Kenos immediately got sent back to his original position and his translucent form disappeared, Tori dug her weapon into Lamia's chest.

Tori moved at insane speeds once again, she made the weapon disappear as she created another one and kept piercing Lamia with it. Lamia managed to grab Tori's arm, Okami had gotten there in time and sliced Lamia's arm to free Tori of her grasp. Tori moved back as Lamia was pinned between her and Okami.

The two of them smiled, as Kenos now boosted Okami alongside Tori. Okami jumped forward almost instantly and cut through Lamia, Tori followed up by creating her weapon once again and slicing through her one more time. The two looked back to see, that Lamia was still in one piece and smirking. The two moved back as Volk rushed into to swing his sledgehammer down at her.

"You got it!" said Lisa just before Lamia caught it and kicked Volk back, still holding the sledgehammer in her hand.

Before Volk could dismiss the weapon, she hit it against the ground with extreme force, shattering it. Volk's eyes turned back to yellow as some of his strength left his body. He didn't feel her presence anymore, he fell on his knees.

Lamia: Wow, it really takes a lot of strength to break one of those.

Volk: ...Lisa ...are you there?

Silence filled his head.

Volk: Please...tell me you're there....

Still, silence.

Volk: Don't leave me here...

He grabbed onto the ground as he fell forward. Okami rushed over to him, he kneeled down next to him. The ground under him began to freeze, Okami noticed and immediately moved back. Kenos turned his gaze towards Volk, knowing what was about to happen.

Tori noticed Volk and moved back as well. Volk slammed the ground with his fist and ice surged from the ground towards Lamia, a split second later, everything the ice touched formed a massive pillar of ice which froze anything inside it. Lamia, frozen inside a pillar started slowly breaking out. The ice kept forming and not letting her move, Volk stood up and began punching his way inside the pillar, going towards her.

Lamia summoned her Xiphos to try and slice her way out of the ice but by the time she managed to free herself just a bit, Volk had approached her. He grabbed the Xiphos from her hand and froze it entirely, he crushed it as he grabbed her by the neck and saw her soul disappear alongside her Telum.