Chapter 8: Withering Flower

Sobaka: So how's it been like for you after...well...the mess?

Aster: It's been...quiet, nothing to do, no place to go...just staying here waiting for death to claim me.

Volk: You don't plan on escaping?

Aster: There's nothing else for me out there, that's why I had come to Russia.

Inu: I felt like you weren't from here.

Aster: I'm not...my name is Aster Yakudatsu, my mother and younger brother died when I was young. My dad was head of a mafia and had decided to leave me with my grandparents, throughout the years...they all passed away. When I was old enough I decided to travel here since I always wanted to visit Russia. All this happened, and now I'm stuck here with only my thoughts.

Inu thought to himself for a second "Yakudatsu...why does that sound so familiar...?" He took a moment to think, he then remembered an incident that had happened with Okami. He remembered the day, he ran towards Okami who was carrying a gun, shaking.

Inu: Right...

Sobaka: Listen, I won't try to change your mind, but I'll leave you with this. You still have a whole life ahead of you, there are more places to visit.

Aster: Yeah...I'm just comfortable here. Leaving one's comfort zone is hard.

Sobaka: Right, but it's not impossible.

Aster: True. Enough about me, what about the long story you mentioned?

Sobaka: Well basically...

Sobaka explained everything the group had talked about when they met. He explained how the others managed to get to Russian to his best ability. Inu explained his side of the story and how they appeared out of nowhere.

Aster: Really now...if anything it seems like the power of a Telum user I happen to have met around here one day.

Inu: And who would that be?

Aster: He's an older guy called Fidi, he says he came from Greece after a monstra attack wiped his team.

Volk: From Greece you say?

Aster: Yep.

Sobaka: We could ask Lykos and the other two to see if they know a guy by that name.

Volk: He could just be anyone in Greece, how would they know?

Sobaka: There's always a chance.

Volk: This dumbass.

Aster: I mean, he did say he was a part of a group of heroes.

Sobaka: See what I mean, I'm sure the three of them can tell us something.

Volk: Hmph.

Inu: Anyway...yeah.

Sobaka: Hey Aster, do you by any chance have any new information on what caused this whole mess in Russia?

Aster: Well judging by what happened and all the snow and ice...I'd say Hel had something to do with all this. I can't prove she did have something to do, but it seems likely. The reason why is another question that I don't know the answer to.

Volk: Hel? Ruler of Helheim, Hel?

Aster: That's the one.

Sobaka: Man, she a whole grain bitch.