Chapter 68: An Enigmatic Encounter

The bullets flew through the air. Nine of the biggest monstra in the horde fell immediately. The group watched as they began disappearing. Alepou grabbed the Glock-17 tightly as she took a deep breath. She thought about home for a second, the calm days when her and everyone else would go to class and relax for the rest of the day. The people she knew back then, even the people that didn't like them too much.

A fast monstra approached, she aimed forward and shot it twice. The bullets stunned it, Kitsune cut through it. She looked over at Kitsune and nodded. Alepou looked behind everyone and saw Kochev turn the deagle into a poleaxe. He threw it up a few inches and moved his arm back. He set his foot forward and flung his arm forward, grabbing the poleaxe as it fell and shot it forward.

A loud boom was heard when the poleaxe left his hand. Everyone turned to look at it, yet no one saw it fly anywhere. The poleaxe was already dug into the ground far away, chaining lightning between every monstra around a big area. Alepou looked back at their side, she noticed a few other quick monstras ahead of every other one. She began shooting at them while the group began running forward. Volk was at the front of the group, he ran only with his shield. A quick monstra approached him. It was a kludde, a big monstra that took the form of a winged black dog.

Volk used the momentum he built up from running to bash his shield against it. Kitsune ran past him and cut through one of its wings. As the monstra shrieked in pain, Volk knocked it down. Yuzui ran up behind him and Kitsune and dug her daggers in the monstra's neck. Kitsune took care of another small monstra approaching them while Alepou shot down two other ones. Okami walked up behind everyone, Star Diamond in hand.

Kenos and Nahe were watching everyone from a distance.

Nahe: Should we give them a boost now?

Kenos: Don't wanna waste that power on some small fries. Just wait till more of the group approaches.

Nahe: Sounds fair.

Volk closed his eyes for a second to see forward to a time. As he opened his eyes he immediately ran over and pushed Okami out of the way and blocked needles from a monstra in the distance. While still holding his shield up, Volk put his hand out towards Okami. He noticed the needles on the shield and grabbed Volk's hand to get up. Alepou put her hand forward and created a barrier in front of the group, it moved forward along with her.

Alepou: Just keep moving forward.

She moved forward as well. The rest of the group stayed behind the barrier as they approached the massive horde. Yuzui ran ahead of the barrier along with Kitsune to take down a few more of the approaching monstras. Okami followed them, he stretched his limbs forward and made one big horizontal swing to take down some of the approaching ones. As the group was almost face to face with the horde, Kenos and Nahe began doing their thing. Kenos' eyes lit up and Nahe put his hand on Kenos' shoulder.

Everyone in the front of the group felt amplified immediately. Kitsune was somewhat familiar with the feeling, she created a translucent axe which she swung with one hand through a Gorgon. Volk felt lighter yet stronger, he held his shield as he ran in front of the group. He began thinking of everything that happened after Russia was completely wrecked by Hel. His hands began to feel cold. He knew what was about to happen, so, he used it to his advantage.

He threw his shield forward to knock back some monstra. Furthermore, he jumped high and forward, his fists raised and cold. Okami followed behind, scythe in hand. Volk slammed down on the ground, pillars of ice forming in waves in front of him. Most things in front of him froze entirely. Okami jumped over Volk, Star Diamond above him. As Okami hit the ground, he broke the pillars of ice, shattering anything else frozen around him. He began creating fire around him, which protected him from the cold.

Yuzui threw a dagger in front of Okami and shifted towards it. She began quickly moving around, driving her daggers through all monstra that approached. Kitsune ran past Volk and swung the axe up at an oni, making it stagger back. The blue sky shifted its hue to red. Everyone questioned it, but gave it no thought soon after. Volk quickly aided Kitsune, he threw the shield at the oni's face. As the shield bounced back, Volk grabbed it and bashed the oni back. Kitsune ran the axe through its body, yet, it healed immediately. She dodged around it quickly before it hit the ground with its fist.

Okami took a shot at the oni and swung through it as well. It healed entirely once again. Yuzui was handling herself with the immense amount of monstra around her. She kept shifting and dodging every few seconds, avoiding any and all hits. Volk saw the oni about to attack Kitsune, he summoned his armor and immediately went to help. As the oni slammed his fist down again, Volk grabbed its arms. Kitsune jumped over him and ran the axe through the oni's back. Once she was on the ground, Okami swung the scythe through the oni again. The two kept swinging at it until eventually it stopped healing. Volk stopped holding its arms and hit the oni's jaw with his head, knocking it back. Okami swung Star Diamond up, piercing the oni's body. It began to disappear.

They went over to help Yuzui, who seemed to have retreated to catch her breath for a second. Volk looked around to see the barrier gone. He looked back quickly, and saw Kenos and Nahe in the distance. "Where's Ale..?" he asked, worried.