Chapter 32: The Fox of Spirits

It was a snowy day at the castle, Stella had just arrived from getting the emblem. Acheron was flung out of the room.

Stella: What are you doing?

Acheron: Umm...totally not checking the room.

Stella: Well, you entered the wrong room.

Acheron looked at the two doors.

Acheron: Oh.

Nahe: How much more till you're done... I kinda wanna get back to my life.

Stella: Nahe, you work minimum wage my guy.

Nahe: Yeah but like...I need the money to live.

Stella: We'll solve that problem for you as long as you stay here. Now if you'll excuse me, I gotta test some things out.

He walked up to the very top of the castle and grabbed the emblem from his pocket. The center of the emblem had a light blue glow. He did as he would do with an orb broke it in his hand.

As a painful sting filled his arm, the emblem reformed itself but this time the center of it was not glowing. Stella grunted as the sting surged his body. As he let out a deep breath, he summoned his axe once again.

Stella: Well...here goes nothing.

He made a small cut in his hand with his axe which he then tried to heal, it didn't work. In a fit of anger he threw the axe away and a few seconds later the ground shook as it landed. This attracted some unwanted attention to the castle.

Stella walked down to the kitchen and knocked on the door. From the inside, someone responded, she asked him what he wanted. "It didn't work." he responded with an angry tone. As he turned around he saw Nahe was sitting down in a corner looking at him with his phone in hand.

Nahe: What's up with your hand?

Stella: Us Telum users don't bleed.

Nahe: Wait...what's running through you then?

Stella: We're a hollow shell, that's why we move with ease.

Nahe: You don't have organs? What the fuck!

He put the axe towards Nahe.

Stella: What do you think this is?

Nahe: Eww, what in helheim's name is up with that?!

Stella: The price of power is weird my guy.

Nahe: How do you even find out about all this?

Stella: I had a lot of time to study what all these powers and things are. If you don't believe me have a look for yourself.

He put his hand forward, as Nahe looked at the cut he saw what he could only describe as a nebula of stars coursing through the cut.

Nahe: Woah...

Stella: Yeah, it's...stupid weird.

Nahe: So what exactly is it you want?

Stella: sigh I-

Some rumbling was felt, the two moved over to a window to see some unknown creatures trying to break down the walls to the castle. Stella grabbed his axe as he walked through the walls to attack the things. The axe bounced off of them as Stella swung.

Stella: What the-

Without a moment of hesitation, the creatures moved in to attack him. He tried swinging at them again but to no avail, the axe bounced off and out of his hand. He moved back through the walls and into the castle.

Stella: Get Acheron!

Nahe: What's happening?!

Stella: Something I can't kill, now hurry!

He looked scared as he ran upstairs to go find Acheron. As Stella knocked on the door, once again someone responded.

?: What now?

Stella: Kit, we gotta leave. There's something out there that I can't hurt

As the door opened, Kitsune walked out of the room.

Kitsune: What in Hel's name is so powerful that not even you can hurt.

Stella: I don't know, it's not like any monstra I know.

He created a portal behind her.

Stella: Go, I gotta do something before I leave here.

She walked in and Stella closed the portal behind her. He immediately looked for Nahe and Acheron who were together. He created a portal for them to enter as the castle started to fall apart.

The creatures had broken down one side of the bottom floor. Nahe entered the portal, but Acheron fell as the floor became unstable. Stella began to float and held up the castle by the roof, so Acheron could walk into the portal.

He told Acheron to hurry up, he seemed to be using up a lot of strength. Acheron ran into the portal, Stella closed it behind him and activated another power which let him go through the castle as it fell.

He looked at the ruins from above to see if the creatures survived being crushed. As they started to reappear from the debris, Stella created another portal. He seemed sad to see the place go.

Stella: Goodbye, Asteri...