Chapter 86: Copycat

As the group of monstra all ran towards the Hunters, the surrounding fires became stronger. Okami jumped forward and swung through the cyclops once again. No damage was done, but he was in a better position now. He stood behind it now and saw all the other monstra that used to be behind him.

Okami: Hey you two!

Nahe and Elias peaked over Lang and listened to Okami.

Okami: Give him everything you've got.

Okami blocked the cyclops' club with his Star Diamond. Lang turned his head to listen to Okami as well, he smiled in a smug manner.

Nahe: Man, and I thought Ache's danger sense was gone...

Elias looked back at Nahe.

Elias: Huh?

Nahe: Nothing, just had an idea.

Elias turned his head again quickly and hit a sword away with the back of his hand. Lang had a finger pointed at them. Okami dismissed his Telum, the cyclops' club hit the ground, he climbed on it and ran up its arm.

Nahe: You really like attacking when we're talking. Scared to take us head on?

Lang: You really think I'm scared of you?

Nahe: Think? No. I know. There'd be no other reason to separate us if you weren't.

The swords around Lang began to shine.

Nahe: That's why you targeted these two when they split off from us.

Lang looked at him with such serious eyes. Elias turned his sight towards Nahe, questioning what he was doing.

Nahe: Strike a nerve? Your emotions are showing.

Lang pointed a finger at Nahe, a sword flew towards him. Okami's arms were stretched around the cyclops' neck, it began hitting the ground sporadically. Nahe pushed Elias away so he wouldn't try and block the sword. It cut Nahe's hand as he grabbed it midair. Elias looked up at him from the ground, noticing a light blue aura covering Nahe's hand. His eyes were lit up, a smile on his face.

Nahe: Wow, you sons of Accalia are real easy to stir up.

Elias turned around and punched through the head of a monstra, a vukodlak. Nahe summoned swords of his own around him. They flew around the place, cutting down and slicing any monstra that began to get near them.

Lang scoffed at them as he grabbed his phone. A sword flew at him, impaling it. Lang looked at them, now angry, as he crushed the now impaled phone.

Lang: You guys are insufferable.

An array of weapons began floating around him. The sky above turned red, just like before. This caught Lang's attention immediately, lowering his guard. He moved his head back but not in time, a sword scarred his jaw. As blood was dripping from his face, he held the wound.

Lang: I will rip you to shreds, don't forget that!

He said furiously as he looked directly at Nahe. He looked at the treeline quickly before looking back at Nahe and Elias. Lang ran towards the trees as Nahe and Elias began chasing after him. A harpy flew down and got in their way. The two saw Okami still fighting and decided to help him out.

The fire spread more through the trees, smoke becoming denser. Elias beat down on multiple monstra with his fist as Nahe controlled the same sword he copied to slice through them as well. Okami dug his Star Diamond through the cyclops' eye, finishing it off.

The battlefield started becoming more and more clear of monstra, yet something else was emerging from the dense smoke. An enenra took the shape of a person in front of them, the smoke fueling it. Okami, Nahe and Elias looked closely at it. Its hands took the shape of gauntlets from the surrounding cloud of mist, almost like it summoned a Telum.

Nahe: No shot... how can a...

Elias: No clue dude... we need it down immediately.

Elias ran forward ready to strike while Nahe followed close behind him. Okami was silent, recognizing the shape and the Telum.

Okami: No... no, no, no! That's not possible... you...

His eyes shimmered, unshed tears beginning to cover them. Elias dodged a strike from a gauntlet. The sun above everyone flared up as Okami's hair became a brighter color. The surrounding heat became even more intense than before. As that happened, the color of the flames turned blue instead of Okami's red. A figure landed between the Hunters and the Enenra, shaking the ground surrounding everyone. The figure turned his head and looked surprised as he saw Okami. The figure shook his head, focusing on the Enenra instead. Okami's hair returned to normal after seeing the person's face, his expression of surprise was seen clearly from everyone around. The sun's flare returned to normal.

Okami: Giru? You're... alive?

The figure smiled without looking back. Elias and Nahe had moved back as the Enenra absorbed the smoke from the surrounding fire.

Giru: Could ask you the same thing. Haven't heard from you and the family for quite some time.

Okami: Yeah... long story.

Giru: Would love to hear it after this is taken care of.

The figure, Giru, put his hands up to the side and the fire engulfing the area moved on the ground towards his body. He seemed to be absorbing all of that heat into himself as his dark blue colored eyes lit up. 

Elias: Okami, you know this guy?

Elias was still on guard as he took steps back to avoid the fire running on the ground. 

Okami: Yeah. He was... is Kitsune and Inu's older brother. 

Nahe: I didn't think he was alive.

Okami: Same here...

Giru: Wow, this fire is actually pretty intense Oka. You do this yourself?

Okami: Yeah.. just take him out quickly please... I wouldn't want Inu to suffer any longer.

Giru, confused, took one closer look at the Enenra who was beginning to cover the are in its smoke. There, everything Okami was saying made sense.

Giru: Oh. Well, sorry to do this but... once a monstra is made, it can't be reversed...

Okami looked down briefly before moving his sight elsewhere. He turned around and began to breathe in a heavy manner. 

Okami: ...go for it.