Chapter 31: Start the island exam

July 20th—In front of you is an uninhabited island with four seasons like summer. The high blue sky, coupled with the clear vast sea.

Students are required to spend two weeks at this location.

If it is a cloudless night, there should be a sky full of fascinating stars.

Chat with friends and snuggle on the shoulders of your crush.

Build campfires, dance, have fun—we can get through a page like that too.

Just hearing this, anyone could mistake this for an enviable summer vacation.

However, the uninhabited island is a large testing ground for the students of the high-cultivation high school.

Yousuke Hirata, who was standing next to me and talk to me.

Indeed, at a glance, the scale of the uninhabited island far exceeds that of last year.

The test content has also increased in scale.

"Even if you live in a normal life for two weeks, some students may drop out."

"Well, I think the possibility of an accident is quite high. Making sure you drink water will be the top priority."

There is heat even on the boat.

The scorching hot sun was obviously baking the sand.

On this day in late July, the temperature recorded a record of nearly 40 degrees. Just as Yosuke worries, students need to be diligent about hydration and watch out for symptoms of heatstroke or dehydration.

After approaching the island, the whole picture began to become clear little by little.

"Did anyone live here before?"

"Probably."

The well-prepared port exudes a sense of abruptness on the uninhabited island, gradually approaching us.

Instead of circumnavigating the outskirts of the island, the ship went straight to the port.

The special exam was about to start, and Yousukee's hand contrasted with the gentle expression, holding the deck handrail tightly. In the next two weeks, the situation of the whole school will probably change drastically. Classes of a certain grade will be replaced, and students of a certain grade will drop out—this is the content of the test that it is not surprising that this happens. It's not hard to imagine that the second semester will begin in a very different environment. This is an unsatisfactory development for Yosuke, who expects stability.

It's not surprising that his hands are unintentional.

Finally, there was a broadcast on the boat asking us to disembark.

"Are you mentally prepared, Yousuke?"

In a situation where the security that should be guarded might be threatened, I deliberately asked him in a tough tone.

Despite feeling uneasy, Yosuke nodded and looked me in the eye.

"I'll give it my all with no regrets. It's the only way I can do it in my class."

He must not want anyone to drop out.

However, the chance of a victim in the class could not be reduced to zero.

With this in mind, we left the deck.

The day before landing on the uninhabited island—July 19th at 10:00 in the morning.