Extras: New year sunrise

On the dark mountain road, the limited light irradiated by the flashlight moved slowly, and the silhouettes of branches and weeds flashed from time to time, and then merged back into the boundless darkness.

In 2020, not 2021 anymore, a two-person team consisting of Kei and I are trekking hard to witness a sunrise that has been given a magical meaning.

"How far is it, Kiyotaka!"

"About two kilometers."

"Eh~?" After hearing the answer, she made a desperate voice, "You lie! It was just two kilometers."

He stood there and cast a distrustful look at me.

"Because it's only been a few minutes since Kei asked the same question last time."

The normal walking speed of a person should be about five kilometers per hour. Taking into account factors such as the slope, it should be able to reach four kilometers, but with Kei, it can only reach the level of less than three kilometers.

"Can you take a break!"

Although he was making a request, there was no room for rejection, and he was already sitting on the open space.

Lack of adequate exercise should probably be included in the reason, but considering the early morning action that violates the biological clock, we have to accept the current results.

However, he suddenly had the urge to play tricks, and he assumed an intolerant posture.

"Then just leave Kei alone."

"Why! It's still a while before sunrise?"

He didn't answer, just met those suspicious eyes.

The puzzled look appeared, but it was fleeting. It is Kei himself who proposes to enjoy delicious food at the top of the mountain, so the preparation time is essential.

Reluctantly, he got up and began to pat the dust on his body slowly.

"let's go."

Without leaving any slack, I walked straight forward.

"Wait a minute!"

I hurriedly ran a few steps to try to catch up, but I didn't expect it to backfire, and stopped in place after making a sound of "oops".

Immediately aware of the strangeness, he turned around and saw that Kei was clutching his ankle, as if he had a sprain.

I quickly came to the front to check the injury. Fortunately, it was not serious, but it was still inconvenient to walk.

"Just rest here for a while, and then slowly descend the mountain after dawn."

"Ah? Why don't you watch the sunrise!"

Are you still concerned about this?

"If this state goes up the mountain, it will be bad if the situation gets worse."

"But," understands the stakes, but still hesitates, "Right! Kiyotaka can carry me on his back!"

Seeing that the loss suddenly disappeared from his face, he thought he had come up with a good solution, but he had to sigh after hearing the nonsense speech.

"I don't have the power of Atlas." As he said that, he gestured to the heavy object on his body that should not be underestimated.

"I'm not too heavy either!" When he mentioned this topic, he became very sensitive. "Then, just carry Kiyotaka on my back, and let me carry the travel bag."

I was carrying Kei, and Kei helped me carry my travel bag. At first glance, the logic seemed impeccable, "I still need to carry all the weight in the end!"

"It's really picky, thanks to people who came up with a good idea." He suppressed a smile and said solemnly, "In that case, hold the head office."

It sounds like a huge concession, but this approach of placing too much trust in the arm muscles simply doesn't work. However, the spirit of joking makes people feel quite at ease.

In the end, the decision was made, the backpack took up the position in front of him, and the vacated space was naturally reserved for Kei.

"To the top of the mountain!" He jumped down on one foot, and proudly declared his victory, "Thank you for your hard work, Kiyotaka."

Even the strength to respond was exhausted, and he slumped on the ground.

"Leave the rest to me!"

I took the backpack from me, and after choosing the viewing spot, I started to get busy.

"Are your feet okay?"

"Kiyotaka has worked so hard, I can't admit defeat!"

Putting on a full posture, can't help but make people look forward to it.

"Kona coffee from Hawaii Island, please use it!"

After a while, the steaming teacup was handed over, accompanied by the refreshments prepared in advance.

Under the action of caffeine, sleepiness slowly disappeared, and calorie intake also gave the body enough temperature to resist the cold.

"It's a little cold." He sat beside me and moved his body close to me intentionally.

Handed the coffee over, but was unexpectedly disliked.

"It's cold!" Again, the temperature in winter was emphasized.

Divide the blanket you just put on in half and wrap Kei's body tightly.

"now what?"

"Okay."

Having said that, my blond hair was already resting on my shoulders.

"Looks like it came out."

Looking at Kei's direction, it was still dark.

But in the blink of an eye, light emerged from the black screen and gradually spread.

"Look, Kiyotaka!"

In the moment of speaking, in the gap between heaven and earth, the first round of the new year, Tomorrow, showed its head, and the eastern sky was also dyed with half a blush.

"It's so beautiful!"

"yes."

The two of them are immersed in the scene at this moment. Although they are common enough to be seen every morning, they become very meaningful because of the company of the person next to them. Everything in their eyes seems to have become a superb scene, and they instantly occupy their minds. The most unforgettable place.

"Kiyotaka."

"exist."

Turning his head to look, his lips were attacked.

After the successful sneak attack, he showed a triumphant smile, "The New Year's wish has finally been fulfilled!"

"Is it just a kiss?" According to Kei's character, he thought he was asking for a valuable gift, of course he was joking.

"It's just a kiss!" The winter sun shone on Kei's face with a bit of coldness. "However, it's a very meaningful kiss! So, Kiyotaka has to give it back a hundredfold!"

After all, from a super shameful dream, even Kiyotaka can't reveal the slightest! Otherwise, she will surely be abandoned as a hungry woman.

"Actually a thousand times as well."

The sweetheart replied.

"That's what Kiyotaka said!" Hidden joy, "If you fail to speak, there will be a terrible punishment!"

He pulled me into his arms, and the heat came from his lips.

"Happy New Year."

Although the same words were heard in the early hours of the morning, and the new year has passed for a long time, the blessing after the sunrise seems to have a different magic in comparison.

"Happy New Year, Kiyotaka!"