18

The next morning Henry and I found a note saying Emma had gone out early. It was 8am, so I assumed she had a dentist appointment or had gone to buy milk after using the last of it for her excessive amounts of coffee. Emma drank coffee to seem more awake, so I guessed she had sleeping trouble. Caffeine may help energy levels, but they don't get rid of eye bags.

"I'm going to go before he bus and walk with Violet to school. Do you want to come?" Henry asked after he had quickley devoured his cereal.

"I'm not ready. I wouldn't want to third wheel, anyway." I smirked, knowing it would make Henry feel uncomfortable.

"Shut up. You're just jealous because you don't have a boyfriend and I do." Henry argued.

"You just called Violet a boy." I answered.

Henry loudly shushed me, then left for the front door. I hadn't been alone in Emma's house before and it felt weird. I couldn't really say I was home alone, because this wasn't my home. I felt safe, but I still didn't thing I belonged. Not yet, anyway.

I turned on the radio and danced to 'girls just wanna have fun' alone while I got ready for school.

By 8:20 I was almost ready for school. All I needed to do was run upstairs and grab my school bag before the bus arrived. I noisily ran up the staircase, picked up my satchel, and returned back the the ground floor. I was about to head out, but a puff of green smoke appeared in front of the door.

Once the green smoke disappeared I could see Zelena standing in the room with me. She had put extra effort into her outfit today and her hair was particularly beautiful, but it didn't hide the fact that there were tear stains on her cheeks and her eyes were slighly bloodshot. I knew what someone who had been crying looked like.

"I promise I'm not here to hurt you." Zelena reassured me. "I just have to talk to you."

"I have school.." I started.

"I'm pretty sure your grandmother will turn a blind eye if you're not there right on the bell." Zelena interrupted.

"My grandmother?"

"Your Grandma, Mary Margaret, Snow White, whatever you want to call her."

I was curious to find out what Zelena wanted. She was trying to put on a brave face and look intimidating, but it wasn't working. She was confident, but not scary.

"Do you need anything." I asked the red haired lady.

"Well, aren't you intuitive? Yes, yes I do." Zelena answered. "Can we sit?"

Zelena and I went to take a seat on the sofa.

"So..."

"I need you to help me." Zelena started to explain. "My daughter, Robin, was sent away at the same time as you were. She was just over a year older than you. If you managed to make your way back here, there might be a way to get my Robin back. I miss her like crazy, Phoebe. Will you help me?"

"If I can." I agreed. Her confident front gradually faded, leaving a broken and desperate woman.

"You'll need to meet me at Gold's shop in about half an hour. It might be best to not tell Emma you're coming with me. I'm all light and stable now, but they didn't call me the wicked witch of the west for nothing." Zelena smiled.

"You were the wicked witch?" I asked, not quite believing what I was hearing.

"That would be correct." Her posh British accent, beautiful appearance, and sassy attitude was nothing like the way the wicked witch of the west was portrayed in The Wizard Of Oz.

We both heard the sound of a key entering the lock. Zelena disappeared in a puff of green smoke moments before Emma entered.

"Shouldn't you be at school, Phoebe?" Emma asked rhetorically. She spoke loudly and glanced out of the open door, as if she was subtly trying to tell someone else something.

"I just lost track of time." I lied. "I'm leaving now."

I grabbed my bag again and headed for the open door. I was right about Emma contacting someone outside. Standing a few metres from the house was Killian.

Killian looked embarrassed. He looked like he was wearing the same shade of pink lipstick Emma was wearing today, only his was a lot less neat than hers. I put the dots together in a millisecond. Me sniggering at him made him blush even more.

"That shade of lipstick really compliments your eyes." I said to Killian before quickly walking away. Emna tried to call me back over, but I had to go and meet Zelena.

I found a building with a sign saying 'Mr Gold's Pawnbroker', and presumed this was where Zelena said to meet. It had only been 20 minutes, but Zelena was already waiting outside. She smiled when she saw me.

"You came." She sounded surprised.

"I said I would." I reminded her.

"I know, but having people trust me is still a relatively new concept." She explained.

Inside the shop was dark. There was some natural lighting from the large windows and a couple of lamps, but the lamps were dim.

"Rumple?" Zelena called.

"Well, hello, dearie." The middle aged Scottish man I had met on my first day in Storybrooke entered from another room. I noticed he had a slight limp.

"Do you still have the dreamcatches here?" Zelena asked.

"I do, but why should I give them to you?" The man answered her question with another question.

"Oh, just give them to her, Rumple." The sound of the door creaking open was followed by a sweet Austrailian voice. I turned my head to see Belle, the librarian.

"Very well." The man I presumed was Mr Gold reluctantly searched under the till for what Zelena was asking for. While he did that, I exchanged smiled with Belle. It seemed like she had Rumple wrapped around her little finger, and I was glad for Zelena's sake.

"Here we are." Rumple sighed as he lifted a large dreamcatcher from a cardboard box. The dreamcatcher was a mixture of blues, purples, and pinks. It was made with thick, old pieces of string. It looked like something right out of a Disney movie. He held it out for Zelena to receive, but she took a step back. The only person close enough to receive the decoration was me.

"What does this do?" I asked anyone who was answer. I knew it was special and was careful not to drop it.

"It's not used for catching your dreams, if that's what you were thinking." Rumple said, supporting himself on the counter. "It's more for catching reality. Enchanted dreamcatchers are used for taking and viewing memories."

"I thought you could use it to look back at when you were an infant." Zelena added.

"You really think it will work?" I was unsure.

"I really know it will work." Zelena answered, confidently.