61

Rushing to the airport very much resembled the scene from home alone, only with a lot more swearing. Luckily for us, we didn't leave a young child in the attic. Neal had started talking and it was near enough impossible to leave a room without him chasing after you, tripping over his feet from time to time.

"Remind me again why wheels are necessary for carrying luggage?" Killian complained as he was unpacking the minibus outside the airport.

"If you think you're so strong, you can carry ours as well." Zelena smiled as she dumped her and Robin's case in front of the pirate before running away, giggling like twelve year olds.

David and Killian, being the chivalrous men they are, ended up lugging two cases and a large bag each. Their competitive streak means that neither of them were going to back down, even though what they were carrying weighed more than me.

"We did well." Mary Margaret smiled, joining me and Emma at the back of the group. She spent so long thanking the taxi driver that everyone was already halfway to the airport entrance. Of course, not wanting to miss out on any gossip or conversation, the grandmother of two ran in her sky blue kitten heels to catch up with us.

"I can't argue with that." Emma lightly chuckled. I couldn't help but smile at the view. Closest to us were Killian and David, probably boasting about who's luggage weighed more, and in front of them were Regina, Zelena, Henry, Robin, and Neal skipping as if they were all Neal's age. I don't think any of us every imagined we'd be this happy. I, for one, never imagined linking arms with Snow White on the way to Disneyland.

"One second," Emma put her hand assuringly on my upper arm before jogging and calling Killian's name.

"What is it, love?" Killian asked

"I doubt you're going to get your Hook through customs." Emma pointed out. Regina had obviously had the same thought at the same moment and left the skipping fivesome to join my parents. With a a flick of Regina's hand, his hand replacement was invisible. I turned both ways to see if anyone was around and had perhaps fainted at the sight of a chunk of metal instantly disappearing, but it was surprisingly quiet.

"She's careful, Phoebe, don't worry." Snow assured me, sensing my worry. "So, are you as anxious about Disneyland as I am?"

"Anxious excited or anxious worried?" I asked.

"Well, to be perfectly honest, both." She laughed uneasily. "Obviously I'm excited to have an amazing time with my amazing family, but can you imagine your father coming into contact with anything Peter Pan themed?"

"And you won't have an issue with tacky, cheaply made Snow White merchandise?" I asked, already knowing the answer.

"I'm sorry, Phoebe, but I think it's wrong to sell plastic cutlery with cartoon versions of my face on the handles!" Mary Margaret defended herself. I couldn't keep in my laugh while thinking back to a couple of weeks ago when we had gone shopping and somehow made it into the homeware section. My grandmother lightly hit my shoulder, but smiled nonetheless.

• • •

"So, here's the seating plan Robin and I designed" Snow enthusiastically smiled, passing around a piece of scrap paper with colour coded designs.

"You were in on this, Robin?" Killian asked, faking his surprise. "You traitor"

"Hey, you're sat next to me. You should be grateful, pirate." David said, snatching the piece of paper from his son-in-law.

When the sheet made its way to me, I found out I had been placed between Regina and Zelena. That information was all I needed to know this would either be the best or worst trip of my life depending on their moods. I knew I'd been put between them because I was the only kid who wasn't biased towards one sister so could put an end to any bickering between the sisters. In short, I was their childminder. In the row behind me was David and Killian; in the row in front of me was Emma, Mary Margaret and Neal, and two rows ahead was Henry, Roland, and Violet. I knew Mary Margaret had been secretly planning this for a while, as she was the embodiment of Pinterest and organisation. I admired how she had cleverly put her in the perfect position to question her daughter for the entire plane ride, depending on how fast it took Neal to fall asleep.