34

"Try this one." Emma pulled out one of her dresses from the rack. This was the second she had suggested. Emma showed me a burgundy shift dress with shoulder length sleeves. "It's loose, so you can eat loads without getting a food baby."

"I'll wear this." I smiled. I thanked Emma and took the dress.

"I have some little ankle boots that look really nice with that dress." Emma said, rooting around the bottom of the cupboard. "Here." She handed them to me before I left the room.

The dress fit me nicely and ended a few inches above my knee. I put on some ankle socks before pulling the boots over my feet. The chunky boots were a dark brown shade and had a a thick sole.

"Ta-Da." I said, re-entering Emma's bedroom. She was struggling to zip up the back of her dress, but managed to do it before I could offer to help.

"You look like such a mini-me." Emma looked me up and down proudly.

"Well, I'll take that as a compliment, seeing as you look gorgeous." I hadn't seen Emma in anything other than jeans, but it was a nice change seeing her in more formal attire. She didn't have much of a baby bump to hide yet, but her dress was flow-y anyway. Her dark grey A-line dress stopped at her knee. Towards the top it was tighter and had thin straps.

"Do you have any eyeliner?" Emma asked.

"I think I do." I said hesitantly as I searched my little makeup bag. "Here."

"You can use whatever you want from my makeup bag." Emma told me, reaching out for the eyeliner.

I took a seat infront of the long mirror next to Emma and began to apply my makeup. I was having a good skin day, so I didn't have it thick. Once I'd done the basics, I applied winged eyeliner, filled in my eyebrows with a dark brown, and put on a pink lipstick.

"Are you any good at eyeliner?" Emma asked before turning her head to face me.

"I suppose I'm okay." I shrugged.

"You're being modest. Can you do mine?" Emma asked after seeing my eyeliner.

"Sure." I smiled. I wasn't used to doing other people's makeup, so I was extra careful not to hurt Emma with my heavy hands. "Is that okay?" I asked once I was finished. They didn't look 100% symmetrical to me, but that was probably because I was prone to overthinking.

"I love it, thank you." Emma smiled.

"You're welcome."

We continued to get ready together, complimenting each other's outfits and makeup.

"Phoebe?" Emma sounded slighly concerned.

"Yeah?" I inquired.

"We haven't had time to talk about me being pregnant, just me and you." Emma brought up. "Can you be really, really honest and just tell me what you're thinking?" I could tell from her tone that my thoughts and feelings meant a lot to Emma.

"Well, at first I was suprised. I didn't know you wanted a third child-" I began.

"You do know this wasn't planned." Emma reminded me.

"I know." I continued. "I wondered where I would end up staying, seeing as the new baby would be having the nursery."

"You never have to worry about not having a place to stay. You can stay at home until you're fifty for all I care." Emma comforted me. "The new baby will be moving into the little spare room across the hall."