37

- Phoebe's Point Of View -

It had been just over three weeks since Emma's miscarriage and for the most part, everything was going the way it should. I couldn't say back to normal, because it hadn't been what is define as 'normal' before. Now, we were all living together as a unit and I was getting a taste of what a real family was like.

During the past few weeks we had spent a lot of time as a family. Appreciating what we had was better than feeling sad about the past.

It was quite early on a Saturday morning. Killian and Henry had decided to go sailing, leaving me and Emma to lounge around the house. The boys of the family were more active than I was. Henry and Killian offered to show me how to sail, but out on a boat isn't exactly where I'd like to be at 8am on a Saturday morning.

"I think the furniture should be arriving in an hour." Emma said before taking a sip of her coffee. A few days ago we had made little sketches of possible room layouts on paper and bought some new furniture online from IKEA. As much as I loved my little nursery room, it was better suited to an infant, not a fifteen-year-old girl.

"I'm excited." I smiled, "no more sleeping on the floor for me." We bought all white furniture. A white double bed with perpendicular bars of wood across the headboard; a white dressing table with a matching stool; a white full length mirror to hang on the wall; a chest of white drawers, and a white bedside table. From Storybrooke, we bought a set of gold and white Christmas lights, some navy blue curtains, a packet of colourful bird shaped stickers for a wall, a tartan bed throw, some scatter cushions, and two tubs of white and dark blue paint.

"I admire you for putting up with that floor bed for so long." Emma smiled at me, lovingly. It made me happy when I caught her giving me these motherly glances.

"Thank you so much for completely remaking my room. I've never had anything like this before." I was grateful for everything Emma had done for me, ever since she helped me out of the sea on my first day in Storybrooke.

"There is so much more I should have given you over the past fifteen years, Phoebe. You deserve this." Emma slid from the arm of the sofa, where she was previously sat, to next to me.

Before either of us could get too deep or emotional, the doorbell rang.

"Hello." Emma greeted a couple of strong men who had come to deliver the furniture. I was poking my head around the wall like a toddler who hadn't quite grasped how to play hide and seek yet.

"Where can we put the furniture?" One of the pair asked.

"Oh, anywhere will be fine." Emma answered politely. She then stood on her tippy toes and looked behind the men. "I can see my husband, so he'll be able to help."

As Emma predicted, Killian entered the house carrying one end of a heavy box. Henry held the other end, following wherever Killiak guided him.

"Good morning, love." Killian stopped and leant in to give Emma a quick kiss, still holding on to a side of the box.

Henry coughed before hinting for Killian to move, "this box is heavy."

"Come on then, lad." Killian looked over his shoulder and the two slowly carried the box up the stairs. Emma and I stood at the bottom of the stairs and watched them struggle to turn corners with a long, heavy box.

"Do you need a hand?" Emma called after them, a grin on her face. She was obviously proud of her pun.

"Ah, the sweet sound of mockery." Killian called back at her before disappearing into my doorway.