64

- Emma's Point Of View -

"I don't think I'm really feeling the big rollercoaster." Snow confessed, looking a little sheepish. That made two of us. It wasn't that I was afraid, it was that my life had already had as many bumps as possible in thirty-five years and the more peaceful rides looked more appealing. I really was turning into an old lady.

"How about me, you, Roland, and Neal go on the little rides, then Killian, Dad, Regina, and Zelena go off together for a while, and Henry, Phoebe, and Robin have a bit of time together." I suggested. Everyone agreed and seemed happy with the arrangement. I knew David would secretly be excited to spend some time with Killian. He was his only male friend and he loved how much Killian looked up to him. It was adorable. Phoebe had noticed how cute their friendship was soon after moving in and started calling it 'Captain Charming' behind their backs.

We all split ways and agreed to call and meet up again at around midday for lunch, so we had three hours. Mary Margaret had little Neal's hand and I held Roland's. We ended up letting the two boys walk ahead together as long as they promised not to go far.

"Look, Emma, it's an elephant!" Roland turned around to point out the Dumbo ride to me.

"It looked like the 19-kids-and-counting is having a Disneyland special, so we better run!" I said, grabbing one of each kids' hands and running at baby speed towards the line. It was relatively short at the moment, but a huge group of kids with matching shirts were walking straight towards it.

"They're so cute." I said to Mary Margaret once we had all got to the line.

"I think I can take credit for your brother, and you're welcome." My mother grinned.

"You did a good job." I agreed.

There was a quiet moment between the two of us. Of course we were surrounded by noise and laughter and music, but the lack of talking was noticeable.

"What are you thinking about?" I jolted out of my daydream as Snow tucked a stray hair back into my braid.

"Just things. You know." I shrugged.

"Little things." Snow guessed, looking over towards the boys to specify the type of 'little'.

"That sort of thing." I nodded. My mother didn't push me like she usually did, just nodded and held my head to rest on her shoulder. I knew there'd most likely be a continuation of this conversation sometime in the next few hours while it was just us two adults.

When it was finally our turn, Roland and Mary Margaret sat in one elephant and Neal and I sat in an elephant behind. Our mother turned around with our camera, to which Neal smiled on cue and wrapped his tiny arms around me. I sometimes forgot this little child shared the same parents as me because of our age difference. He had the same green eyes and light hair as I did, but had David's chin unlike myself.

The boys had us on all manor of rides and neither were too interested in the Disney characters walking around the park, to our relief. Roland dragged us to every ride with a short line, barely checking what ride we were even agreeing to go on. Without the boredom of having to wait, time flew by. Before we knew it we were walking back to our agreed meeting spot at the castle.

"Can we talk about what we almost talked about earlier?" Snow asked, coming closer beside me.

"There's not much to talk about." I shrugged.