31

It was the day after Emma and I went shopping and I was sat at the kitchen table doing some homework. My history teacher had told me I needed to learn more about the town's history and had given me a textbook that explained curses, magic, and stories. I had Henry's storybook to help me, too.

"Look!" Emma demanded, sitting down on a chair opposite me. She slammed seven pregnancy tests on the table. Every one of them reading  'positive'.

"How long have you known?" I asked. I didn't want to congratulate her until I knew how she felt. She had told me that I was planned, but I didn't know whether she planned on having another baby Swan.

"A few minutes ago. I'm going to call my mom." Emma replied, picking up the landline phone. She carried on talking to me while she dialled the number. "Life hacks with Emma: you should always listen to your mom. She knows everything and is probably right."

"I'll keep that in mind." I nodded and returned to my textbook. I couldn't really concentrate, though. The news hadn't quite sunk in. I started to skim read through the section titled 'The Dark Ones', but didn't take it all in. Regina had taught me a little about the history of magic, but hadn't gone into great detail.

"Hey mom, you were right." Emma said down the phone. She had put the call on loud speaker so that her hands were free to make a glass of milk.

"About what?" Mary Margaret questioned Emma in her cheerful voice.

"What do you think?" Emma replied. She rolled her eyes as she took a gulp of milk, but of course Mary Margaret couldn't see her facial expressions.

"You're pregnant?!" Mary Margaret whispered loudly down the phone, making sure that nobody else would hear. Although she was whispering, her tone was as if she was screaming.

"Yeah." Emma confirmed.

"Oh, Emma." Mary Margaret sighed empathetically down the receiver. She knew that Emma wasn't upset about the welcoming of a new child,  but it wasn't the right time. "Well, you had it coming, sneaking around with Killian." Emma and I both blushed, knowing I could hear everything Mary Margaret said.

"Karma." Emma added.

"Does anyone else know?" Mary Margaret asked. I heard the sound of a door shutting on the other side of the phone, which suggested she had gone into a room away from David and Neal.

"Phoebe does. She can hear you, by the way." Emma's eyes met mine and we both smiled.

"Oh, hello Phoebe." Mary Margaret called.

"Hey." I replied. I spoke loudly so the phone would pick up my voice from a few metres away.

"I'm coming over. We can have a girly night in and it'll make you feel better about everything." Mary Margaret said. "David was going to go and hang out with Killian, because neither of them have many friends, so I'll ask David to being Henry with him."

"Okay." Emma didn't bother arguing. A girly night may have not been exactly how she planned on spending her evening, but she knew she needed it. "I'm inviting Regina, then."

"If you're inviting Regina you have to ask Zelena too, Emma. You don't want to make new feel unwelcome." Mary Margaret was constantly putting others before herself.

"I will do. See you later then, mom." Emma said her goodbyes.

"Bye, Emma. Love you." Mary Margaret sang before hanging up.

It was nice that despite everything, Emma still had such a good relationship with her mother. Mary Margaret was a best friend as week as a mother to Emma. I hoped that my relationship with Emma would be similar to that.