44

- Emma's Point Of View -

"Where have you been, Emma?" Killian greeted me the immediately as I unlocked the front door. "We're married now, love, and have a child, so we're past the point of playing hard to get."

"I just went over to Zelena's, you can calm down." I joked, closing the door and walking towards the sofa, the pirate following me closely.

"You could have written a note or send me a little message on the talking phone." Killian suggested.

"I wasn't even gone for an hour." I argued.

"But you can write faster than me on the little machines. You can write a lengthy letter in seconds, but it takes me about 5 minutes to write a sentence with my single hand." Killian answered back. I smirked at how childlike he was. Or did he act like an old man technology wise? It didn't matter, my 300 year old husband was fun to laugh at.

"Have any of the kids woken up?" I asked, feeling like I had more children than the family from the sound of music. Fortunately, I only had three teenagers sleeping upstairs.

Killian and I sat on the sofa together for a few minutes enjoying each other's company. The number of quiet moments we got together were decreasing by the day.

"I'm going to see if the girls are up," I sighed, pulling myself up off the comfy sofa, "I can only imagine how impatient Zelena will be getting."

"I can make some juice for everyone." Killian offered, playing the loving family man role.

"You mean pour some juice from a carton?" I corrected him.

"Basically the same thing." Killian dismissed, "the only difference I see is that my way of saying it sounds better."

"Alright, whatever you say, hook." I said, reluctantly throwing my arms up in defeat as I made my way up the slightly curved stairs.

The first door I went towards was Henry. From the loud snores I heard coming from the room, I guessed he was still fast asleep. I heard quiet voices coming from Phoebe's door. I knocked lightly before entering.

"Morning." I greeted the two who were sat aggressively typing on their phones.

"Hey mom." Phoebe smiled, glancing up from the screen.

I sat on the end of the bed, making sure not to sit on either of the girls' legs or feet.

"I saw Zelena this morning," the two put locked their phones once they realised I was coming to talk to them, "if it's okay with you, Ellie, she wants to meet you."

"I would love that. I've been waiting for this moment since I was a toddler." Ellie smiled. I wasn't sure if she knew I was abandoned, too, but I knew exactly how she was feeling.

"Zelena also said she'd prefer to have me with you both, and Phoebe if you want." I added." She's not always been good with people, and is probably really scared. Zelena would never admit that though."

"That works with me." Ellie agreed, still smiling. "I was just wondering, is there a reason Phoebe and I were both ... left ... around the same time?" She sounded nervous asking such a question.

"There is. This will probably just confuse you more, but neither of us wanted to give you up." Ellie gave me a questioning look, so I continued as best as I could. "Zelena and I are going to try and explain it all today, okay?"

"Okay." Ellie nodded reluctantly. She was very easy going and hadn't objected to anything I've said since meeting her a day earlier.

"Ellie, do you remember anything about the last tile you were here, when you were little? I know it was a long time ago, but I still cling onto some memories from when I was as young as two." I enquired, curious to see if anything stuck in her mind.