32

Thank you for reading an voting so far. I love to know what you think, so please leave some comments💚

- Emma's point of view -

"You have to tell him." Mary Margaret repeated for the third time.

"I know." I sighed, sinking my head into my hands. It was Monday and Henry and Phoebe were both at school. I crossed my fingers that Phoebe was better at keeping secrets than her grandmother, because I would rather tell Henry about my pregnancy myself.

It was beginning to feel real. I had been pregnant twice before, but this time it took me longer to come to terms with. I knew Killian would probably be thrilled with the news of another baby, but I couldn't help but feel like something was wrong. I feared that Phoebe would think she was being replaced quickly, even though she knew I didn't intend on getting pregnant. There was something else that felt wrong, too, but I couldn't quite put my finger on what it was.

"You're going to go to the sheriff station to tell David, then go to the docks to tell Killian, then pick Henry up from school and tell him." Mary Margaret told me.

"You're controlling." I accused my mother.

"You mean I'm organised." Mary Margaret corrected me.

"Whatever." I took one last sip of the hot cocoa my mom had made earlier before heading out for the door.

Before I had time to process what I was doing, I had parked outside of mine and David's office. I sat in the car for a few moments, but decided that the longer I stayed in the car, the less likely I was to go and do what I had to do. I was a worrier. It ran in the family.

"Hey." I hung in the doorway of the office.

"Hello, Emma." My father smiled, looking up from his computer's screen.

"I need to talk to you about something." I gulped as I dragged a misplaced chair to where David was sitting.

"I'm listening." David leant back in his desk seat. He waited for me to talk.

"You know how babies are cute?" I realised in the moment I had put no thought into how i'd tell him.

"Emma, you tried to give me an elaborate introduction last time you got pregnant. Get to the point." David smiled.

"How did you know?" I wa suprised.

"You and your mom aren't very subtle. Plus, we have thin walls." David explained. "Listening to your Mary Margaret sing 'you're going to be an uncle again'' to your little brother gave me a clue."

"He can't walk, yet he's an uncle to two teenagers." I smiled, looking down.

"It'll be okay." David said, sensing my melancholy feeling. "Whatever's not feeling right will clear up."

"You can read people like a book." I looked up.

"Like a Storybrooke, some may say." David grinned, almost laughing at his own joke. Cringey Dad jokes were always able to lighten my mood.

"This was easier than I expected," I admitted. " and I'm not in the mood for a long heart-to-heart, so I'm going to go." I put the chair back where I found it and headed towards the stairs.

"Wait!" David called, causing my to turn.

"Yeah?" I said with my eyebrows furrowed.

"Smile!" David grinned. There were certain things that both my parents had in common, and one was being the most optimistic people on the face of the earth.