55

Henry opened the door to the town's diner, Robin and a couple of steps behind.

In the far left booth, the one next to the window, Violet was beckoning us over. She was sat with Henry's good friend, Luke, and another boy, who I think was called Caleb. I'd seen Caleb and was in some of his classes, but I hadn't had a conversation with him before. Caleb's hair was quite short and a dark shade of brown, similar to his eyes. He had the sort of skin that looked like he spent the whole summer under the sun, when in reality it was just his natural skin tone.

"Hey guys." Henry greeted his friends. He slid across the shiny red seat, leaving enough pace for both Robin and me to sit. There was more than enough room, as Robin was quite a bit skinnier than I was.

"So you're Phoebe," Caleb pointed in my direction is a non-threatening way. He then adjusted his angle so that his fingers were pointed towards Robin. "And ... I promise I do know your name-"

"Robin." Robin smiled.

"I knew it!" Caleb exclaimed, lightly hitting down on the table, but hard enough to make the three drinks shake slightly.

Henry, Caleb, and Luke jumped right into a conversation about a video game I had never heard of. From the looks of things, Violet and Robin were as clueless as I was.

"Come on, you two should order something." Violet said to me and Violet as she stood up from her seat. The boys hardly noticed us getting up and walking towards the counter.

"Hello girls." Granny smiled. The diner was unusually quiet, so she wasn't rushing around like she usually was. "What can I get you?"

"Please can I get a hot cocoa with cinnamon?" I requested. "Wait, better make that two."

I looked towards Robin, letting her know it was her turn to order.

"Do you serve apple juice?" Robin asked.

"Yep, you're a Mills." Granny laughed to herself as she poured a tall glass of apple juice. She then turned around to the coffee machine and put two mugs under the dispensers. While she waited for them to fill up, she popped a straw in Robin's drink. A few seconds later, mine and Henry's drinks were almost ready. Granny quickly sprinkled cinnamon into the frothy top of the hot cocoa. It was no wonder the diner was always busy, seeing how fast the service is.

I took five dollars from my back pocket and put it on the counter. The prices were the most reasonable priced I had ever come across, so I even got change.

Robin reached to get her money out, and as she did, granny interrupted her.

"There's no need, dear. The apples are from your aunt's tree, anyway." Granny smiled.

"Are you sure?" Robin asked, triggering a definite nod from the elderly lady. "Thank you so much."

"So, what do you think about Luke?" Violet asked as we walked back to the table. I was cautiously walking slowly, making sure not to spill any of the hot beverages I was carrying.

"Why are you asking this, Violet?" I quizzed, knowing that she wouldn't ask such vague questions for no reason.

"He was asking Henry about you. He asked at least twice that I know of. Maybe more." Violet casually shrugged, but I could see the hopeful twinkle in her eyes. If Barbies existed in Camelot, I guarantee Violet would have spent her entire childhood playing Barbie and Ken matchmaker over and over again. It was sweet, though.

"Here you are." I slid into the booth once more and put Henry's drink down infront of him.

"Thank, pheebs." Henry said before taking a gulp, which I don't know how he did without burning his throat.