63

- Emma's point of view -

Zelena and I were the first to get up. I woke up at 6:05 and couldn't get back to sleep, so gave in and got dressed by half-past. Henry made a family group chat that we were all in the night before, so Zelena and I arranged to go and get breakfast while everyone else was getting up. It wasn't a surprise that nobody else was awake, as earlier messages in the group chat were Robin and David sending each other gifs at 2am. I wasn't as close with Zelena and we didn't spent much time together just the two of us, but she could always get a laugh out of me. The funniest. She was also the only other woman I knew who could relate to missing so much of my daughter's life. Of course there was Snow, but she was my mother and it was different. It wasn't something Zelena and I often talked about, but there was a comfort in knowing we both had the exact same experience.

"I don't see the fun in a hot chocolate when you could just down a couple of expressos." Zelena said, her second coffee in her hand. It was no surprise this woman was always so sharp watching her consume this much caffeine before 7:30am.

"I don't see how you can drink as much coffee as you do!" I shook my head in disbelief. "How did you cope before coming to Storybrooke?"

"Magic gave me a similar rush." Zelena shrugged.

"I'm sorry." I instantly felt guilty again. I know of the roles were reversed I would have given my magic to save her life, but it was still such a huge gesture. She'd got some of her powers back since then, but nothing like before. She had been a lot more powerful than Regina had ever been and now Zelena had similar strengths to Phoebe.

By the time we got back upstairs, everyone was rushing about and mostly dressed. I bumped into Phoebe as she ran out of Snow's room and asked her if I could borrow her mascara, which she willingly agreed to. It was nice not being surrounded by testosterone and having someone who knew mascara wasn't the same as eyeliner. Killian learnt that he hard way when he tried to borrow my Rimmel mascara as eyeliner mere days after trying to convince everyone that he had never worn makeup. He gave up after that.

I didn't feel like myself looking at my outfit in the mirror.  I had on pair of faded blue denim shorts and a loose red t-shirt with what my mother called a "boob pocket" on the top right side. It made me cringe whenever I thought of her saying that. I had a pair or chunky brown sandals that was a drastic change to my usual thick boots. My shoes were the sort of style that looked like I could definitely be a mother of two teenagers, which gave me an unexpected sense of pride. I was always doubting my parenting abilities, and a pair of shoes wasn't going to change that, but I felt like maybe small talk about kids in Disney world lines wouldn't lead to as many raised eyebrows. Again, I was probably kidding myself.

"Bloody hell, I can see your legs, Swan!" Killian pretended to be shocked as he emerged from the en suite bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waste.

"You've seen my legs before." I rolled my eyes.

"Of course I have." My husband replied, "but has anyone else on the face of the earth?"

"Hmm... Neal, Graham-" I smirked, subtly covering the bottom of my face so he wouldn't know if I were joking or not.

"That's quite enough." Killian muttered, reaching for a pair of long black denim shorts and a thin blue and white striped t-shirt. I thought it would be funny to buy him a stereotypical sailor patterned top. He just shrugged, not caring as much about what he wore anymore as long as long as he could wear leather when it got colder.