19

"So, how do you work a dreamcatcher?" I asked Zelena. We were standing right outside the pawnbroker where the sun was shining down on us.

"You need some kind of magic or belief to work them, and then you just think about what memories you want to see." Zelena explained.

"Should I do it now?" I asked, wanting to help her as soon as possible.

"I think you might want to look at it alone, maybe after school." Zelena suggested. I nodded and put the dreamcatcher safely in my bag.

It was half past ten and I was over an hour late for school, but Zelena offered to walk with me and make up an excuse. On the way we talked about ourselves, getting to know each other. Zelena mentioned her sister, Regina, a few times and it was clear that they were close. I had heard a lot about Regina from Henry and now Zelena, but hadnt met her yet.

Once we had arrived at my new school, Zelena explained that I had an appointment. She was vague, but nobody questioned her. I waved as I went to go and find my class.

Thankful, the day went by quickley. Whenever I looked up at the green plastic clock above the white board I thought about getting back to Emma's house and using the dreamcatcher.

When the bell rang I found Henry and walked with him to the bus. We were in the same class, so I only had to walk a few metres to get to him. It wasn't too long before we were back at Emma's house, as there weren't a huge number of kids living in Storybrooke. There were only 2 yellow buses that took children to and from school, but quite a lot of people walked. Henry and I could have easily walked, but we were feeling lazy.

"Why are you in such a hurry?" Henry asked as I encouraged him to open the front door faster.

"I have to pee." I answered. It wasn't a complete lie, but that wasn't the main reason I wanted to get inside.

Within 5 minutes of entering the house I was sat on the floor of the nursery I was staying in with the dreamcatcher in my hand. Zelena had mentioned that you could work it with magic, which I didn't have. The other option was to believe, so I closed my eyes and tried to force it to work with my mind.

"For god's sake." I sighed with frustration and dropped the dreamcatcher next to me. As I slammed it onto the soft carpet, my hands started to tingle. It was like energy was trying to escape from my fingertips. I shook my wrists to try to ease the ache and a small, bright light shot from my hands. Magic.

I did the hand gestures again and directed my hands to the dreamcatcher, hoping something would happen. The light hit the dreamcatcher and an image appeared where the crossed pieces of yarn were moments earlier.

"Let me see myself as a newborn baby." I said to the dreamcatcher, hoping something would happen. I had no idea what I was doing.

To my luck, the image changed to a picture of Henry holding a tiny baby wrapped in a thick, pink blanket. The baby had bright blue eyes and was staring up at Henry.

"I love you, Phoebe." The picture of Henry said to the baby. I was confused about how Henry was the same age now as he was in these flashbacks, but I didn't know what to think anymore. Magic changes everything.

"Henry, it's my turn to hold her." I heard a familiar Irish voice before seeing the pirate himself. He sounded like he was asking to take turns of Lego in a preschool.

"She's my sister." Henry argued.

"Well, she's my daughter and I want to show her how much I love her." Killian said. Henry then sighed and carefully handed the baby - me - to his step-father.