27

-Emma's point of view-

"Call us if you need anything Emma." David planted a kiss on the top of my head before heading out of the door with one of Phoebe's bags on each shoulder. I smiled at the image of him walking all the way back to his apartment carrying bags that obviously belonged to a girl.

"I'll be fine dad." I smiled. Once the door slammed I went upstairs and changed into sole comfy clothes. I'd been wearing a navy a-line dress and heels, so I couldn't wait to kick off my shoes and get into sweatpants and an old t-shirt.

I wiped my makeup off in the bathroom, then washed my face with warm water. The water caused my remaining mascara to run, but I didn't really care. I then put my hair into a messy topknot before going and finding some comfortable clothes.

I changed into fluffy socks, grey sweatpants, and a huge t-shirt. From the size, I guessed it was one I bought for Killian and he refused to wear it. He had always preferred leather fo polyester.

Once my appearance matches how I felt, I ventured downstairs and made myself a cup of coffee. While the kettle was boiling, I pulled a big fluffy blanket from one of the cupboards by the stairs.

As soon I was comfy on the sofa with my coffee, my blanket, and Netflix, there was a knock at the door. Reluctantly, I dragged myself to see who it was. I was expecting David to be back, claiming he had forgotten Phoebe's clean underwear or something like that.

I opened the door slighly to see who it was, then tried to close it again. Killian's strong arm against the door stopped it from slamming in his face.

"Emma, I can see you." Killian pointed out the obvious. Out of every single person in Storybrooke, why did Killian have to be the one to come knocking on my door?

"I don't want you to see me." I sulked. "I look a mess."

"I've seen you looking worse than this, love." He argued.

"Thanks." I retorted.

"You know that's not what I mean." Killian said. It was true, he had seen me at me very best and very worst. He had seen me cry, he had seen my throw up, he had seen me when my nose was running like crazy, and he had even seen me push a tiny human out of me.

"I know." I nodded, still not making eye contact. "What do you want anyway?"

"Is this how you treat all of your guests?" I didn't reply to Killian's question, so he carried on. "I came to pick up some of the clothes I had left were still here, but now I want to know what's wrong."

"I'm just sick." I answered, twisting a stray piece of hair around my fingers.

"Do you need looking after?" Killian asked. I should have known he would have been as protective and worried as my parents were.

"No, I'm fine. I just feel nauseous and dizzy. A bit shivery, too." I told him. No matter how much I wanted him to leave me alone, part of me wanted the company. "Honestly, I'm fine."

"Go and lie back down on the sofa, love." Killian insisted. I wasn't in the mood for arguing, and the sofa was welcoming, anyway.

Killian went upstairs for a few minutes. Instead of returning with his clothes, he came downstairs with my duvet and pillows in his arms.