53

- Emma's point of view -

"You go in first, he likes you better." I whispered and dug my elbow into Killian in the arm. We were stood outside the kitchen door, listening to my father whistling from inside while pouring what sounded like cereal.

"Aye, of course he prefers me to his only daughter." Killian snapped back sarcastically, still in a hushed tone.

"Please, Killian." I begged. "I don't want to be the one to indirectly kick my father out of my house."

It had been 3 days since finding out the truth about the curse, and David had been sleeping on our sofa ever since. Don't get me wrong, I loved my dad's company, but he could be a little overbearing, especially without Mary Margaret attached to his arm like she usually was. He was acting like he was making up for my mother's mistakes, which, unsurprisingly, got annoying very quickly.

"Fine," Killian sighed, giving in. "But you owe me a favour."

"Whatever." I muttered as my husband confidently took a step into the kitchen. I, however, trailed behind him like a lost sheep.

"Good morning!" David greeted us. I had been right about the cereal. He was sat at the table with a big bowl of cheerios, to match his cheerful personality. If there was a charming brand of cereal, David would get it delivered in bulk.

"So..." Killian began. For once in his 300-year-old life, he had nothing to say.

"Did you sleep well?" David asked, making polite conversation.

"Aye, like a baby." Killian replied. I just nodded, feeling guilty about asking him to leave.

"I can tell you're both up to something." David said, making eye contact with both of us and putting a spoonful of cereal into his mouth.

"We were just-" Lillian began.

"I was... we were just wondering how long you were planning on staying here for." For she reason, the courage to speak came to me. "We're not asking you to leave, we're just... curious, that's all."

"To be honest, I was going to go home later on today and sleep on my own sofa for a while." David smiled, the relief flooded out of me. The last thing I wanted to do was offend someone who I cared about so much. "Plus, I've witnessed the pair of you kissing more than I should have do."

"You're one to talk." I scoffed, the memories of Henry and I making tacos making their way into my thoughts.

"One time, Emma, one time." David shook his head and put his empty cereal bowl into the sink, filling it with water, and letting it soak. After drying his hands, he walked out of the room and, I presume, went into the living room.

"What am I missing?" Killian asked.

"Nothing, don't worry." I smiled, putting an arm around his back and pulling him in for a side hug. How lucky was I to be married to this amazing and devilishly handsome man, as well as having a beautiful family. Growing up, I never thought my life would come within a mile of this. I thought that maybe, at the very most, I'd be promoted from shelf stacked to working on the checkout.

Proving my point about having a beautiful family, Robin walked into the kitchen. She had the perfect amount of makeup on. Enough to highlight her strong features without it looking cakey. She was wearing a new dress that I had bought her when Robin, Phoebe and I went shopping the day before. It was a deep green shift dress that had a rounded neck and stopped just above her knee. She paired the dress with a pair of black Dr Martens, fitting right into our family's boot obsession. She was embracing her long red hair, and the beautiful curls were left loose to fall down her back. As she hadn't brought a lot when traveling back from Boston, all of her belongings fit into one shopper bag. Knowing Regina and Zelena and their lavish home, Robin's wardrobe would be extending by the hour.