Stay at home

37 weeks

They only had a few weeks until the baby would be here and everyone was telling Kristen and Robert to enjoy the time they had together alone because it was going to be scarce when the baby arrived.

It was nearing the end of May and summer was approaching fast, Rob and Kristen were enjoying the morning together free from work and hopefully the paparazzi. Although it was a great test for when the baby was here, it put a great deal of stress and anxiety on Kristen and that was something she could not afford right now.

The dogs were sitting by the back door waiting to be let out when Kristen arrived downstairs. She stopped by the door when she felt a contraction come on, over the past few days she had started having Braxton hicks and after she was assured she wasn't actually going into labor she calmed down. The doctor had told her that actual labor would be a lot more painful and Kristen couldn't imagine it getting more painful.

Gripping onto the back of the couch, she tried catching her breath. When the contraction passed, she eased herself onto the couch. She flipped through the channels until she found The Cake Eaters, one of her old movies playing and decided to humor herself and watch it.

Rob got up a few minutes later and headed downstairs in search of Kristen. He found her laying on the couch slowly dozing off to her movie. He went and sat by her slowly taking her hand into his.

"How do you feel this morning?"

"Sore, had another contraction." She sighed

Pulling herself up she leaned against Rob. She started rubbing her stomach as she closed her eyes,

"I'm sorry hun," Rob said sincerely

"Don't worry about it, save it for the real deal" she giggled

"Any time now"

"Hopefully, she waits until her due date, I want her to be as healthy as possible."

"Yeah," Rob agreed.

"I love you," Kristen said

"I love you too, so much. I cannot wait for when she is here."

"Me either, it is astonishing how fast this pregnancy has gone by."

"I was thinking the same thing love, seems like just yesterday I was panicking because you had passed out."

"Yeah." Kristen curled up as much as her stomach would allow on Robert. He ran his fingers through her hair slowly putting her to sleep. Slowly standing up he laid Kristen on the couch. Even though she had gained almost 40 pounds by this point, she was still light to Robert.

He went and let the dogs out and then headed into the kitchen to make them both some breakfast. He usually left the cooking to Kristen since he couldn't really cook but lately, he had been asking her to show him how to make a few meals so she didn't have to cook all the time.

He proceeded to make a fruit wrap, hoping that he didn't somehow mess it up. Setting Kristen's in the fridge he headed back over to the couch, taking his seat next to her. Looking at her stomach he couldn't resist the urge and now that Kristen was asleep he took the opportunity to talk to his baby girl without her mother listening, gently he placed his hand on her stomach hoping he didn't wake Kristen and started talking

"Hello, I'm not good at this and I'm trying to not wake your mother but I love you. I will admit to you at least that I am scared, I have never been a father before. I know your mommy will be better than me, in just a few short weeks you will be here changing our lives. Although I think you have already done that. all I have to say is, please don't hate us when your older" he giggled lightly

finishing up his conversation, he hoped Kristen had not heard. little did he know, she had heard everything.......

------------------------------

Sorry for this chapter being so short. I had some writers block with it :( but I hope you guys enjoyed it anyway

 I had some writers block with it :( but I hope you guys enjoyed it anyway