Unexpected Consequences

4 weeks later

For the past two weeks, Eliana had found herself in the same position that she was in now, hunched over the toilet revisiting her food numerous times a day. she had a nagging suspicion she knew what was happening but wanted to deny it. She didn't even want to entertain the idea, she leaned back from the toilet counting back to her last menstrual cycle and realized she was past due for another one. she was a week late and it she feared, confirmed her suspicion.

Eliana knew her mother kept a stash of pregnancy tests under the sink, especially since her pregnancy scares a couple months ago. Staring at her from the counter in front of her, Eliana couldn't believe it. She was pregnant. Here she was, 16 and pregnant. backing up until her back hit the wall she slides down, sobs racking her body.

The bathroom door slowly opened as Kristen stepped inside, having heard her baby girl crying. She kneeled down onto the floor taking Eliana into her arms

"Sweetheart, what's wrong?"

Eliana couldn't speak, all she could do was point to the counter. Kristen slid back picking up the stick. She was shocked at what it said.

"Eliana, what did you do?" Kristen asked

"I'm so sorry mom, I didn't mean for this to happen.... I'm so fucking stupid."

Kristen sighed and pulled her daughter more into her chest. "Mistakes happen.... Who's the father?"

"Josh, prom" Eliana choked out. "I knew something had happened that night"

"Shh," Kristen soothed. "It will be alright."

"I'm scared, momma...."

"It's a scary thing, especially at your age. Your dad and I were young when we had you, granted we were older than you and Josh but we were still young."

"I wanna keep it...." Eliana suddenly said.

"I will support you no matter what." Kristen shifted wrapping her arms around Eliana more. "There is nothing like bringing a new life into this world, it the scariest but most amazing thing in the world." She said as she kissed Eliana forehead.

"What was it like when you found out you were pregnant with me?"

"Scary, I found out you were inside of me after I passed out."

"Wow... Hey mom"

"Yeah,"

"How do you think dad will take this?"

Kristen winced

"Um, not sure but I'm almost positive he will want to kill the boy who got his first daughter pregnant."

"No kidding," They both stayed in the bathroom, Eliana wrapped in Kristen's arms. Kristen didn't know how to feel, her daughter needed her support and even though she wasn't thrilled with the situation, she wasn't going to do anything rational. it was almost an hour later when the front door open and Robs voice traveled into the hallway

"Girls where are you?"

Kristen slowly got up and picked Eliana up, placing her in her bed. she headed out to the living room.

"Hey, sweetheart" Rob greeted as she wrapped her arms around him.

"Hey...."

"How are you?"

Kristen sighed. "We need to talk" she headed over to the couch, curling up.

"What's wrong?"

"I know she should be the one to tell you, but I wanted to give you a heads up. Rob, Eliana's pregnant."

"Pregnant?"

"Yeah, I just laid her in bed. she fell asleep against me after crying, Rob we really need to be supportive she is terrified."

"You're right, doesn't mean I'm thrilled about it."

"I'm not either but our daughter is having a baby and she already said she wants to keep it."

"How are you so calm about this?" Rob asked her.

"I don't know" she shrugged. "I mean we were young when we had her, not as young but we were still young. Having a baby is scary at any age and our daughter needs us now more than ever, being mad or upset about it won't change the situation and it will hurt all of us in the end"

Rob sighed, he knew she was right. "your right babe, as much as I want to ring Josh's neck it won't help the situation."

---------------------------------------------------

A couple hours later Eliana woke up and she and Rob went out by the pool to talk. Kristen watched from the sliding door sipping on a coffee. she had to choke back tears when she saw Rob and Eliana hug. they were going to get through this together as a family. when Eliana came back in she took Alora to the living to break the news to her. much to Eliana's surprise her family took it much better than she thought and now she only had one more person to tell

Eliana was in tears when she got off the phone with Josh, her worst fears were confirmed. not only did Josh want nothing to do with the baby, he asked her to get an abortion. this made Eliana furious, never once had she considered abortion. her mother was pro choice and her herself was always pro life, abortion was not even an option to her.

"Fuck you" she had said to Josh before hanging up. Kristen held her as she cried and Robert had to restrain himself from finding Josh. seeing his daughter upset killed him, he wanted to take away her pain and fears. Eliana asked if she could take Alora out for a girls day, to get her mind off of things. That left Rob and Kristen alone, Kristen sighed when the door closed. she went over and wrapped herself around Robert needing his comfort at the moment.