Officially Grandparents

Eliana was now only a few days away from her due date. She was terrified, in just a short amount of time she would be responsible for another life besides her own but she was also anxious to meet her little boy. She already had her birth plan written, it was nothing fancy. Just stuff that her mother had advised her, all procedures were to be done in front of her was one of them.

Eliana slowly got out of bed and headed downstairs to where her mother was making breakfast.

"Good morning sweetheart" Kristen greeted as Eliana waddled into the kitchen.

"Morning mom"

"How did you sleep?"

"Haven't been to sleep, he was up all night kicking the hell out of me."

"More than normal?"

"Yes, he won't stop. He has been frantic all night and nothing I have done has helped. My back has also been sore most of the night, couldn't find a comfortable position." Kristen stopped and placed the spatula on the counter before walking over to her daughter, placing her hand on the swollen stomach.

"Eliana honey, I think you might be starting to go into labor."

"Really?" Eliana squeaked.

"We will stay here until your water breaks alright?"

Eliana looked at her mother and back down to her stomach, placing a hand on it.

It was 4 hours later when Eliana screamed that her water had broken from the living room and that meant, it was go time. Kristen grabbed the hospital bag out of Eliana's room and rounded up Alora before all three of them headed to the hospital.

Kristen was standing next to Eliana, holding her trembling hand in hers as the doctor announced that Eliana was only 2cm dilated and that it was going to be a long day ahead of them. Kristen got on the phone with Rob to let him know that it was time, she was hoping that her daughter's labor would be somewhat quick like hers had been with both her girls.

"Hun, why don't we try going for a walk" she suggested, remembering it was the most comfortable thing to do while she was in labor with Alora.

"Good idea," Eliana rasped. She and her mom walked around the unit for almost an hour, hoping to speed up the process.

6 hours later

Eliana was back in bed clutching onto her mother's hand for dear life. she was 4cm dilated and that's where she seemed to be stuck the past 2 hours.

"This is going so slow" Eliana moaned.

"I know hun, hopefully soon."

It was another hour until a nurse came in and announced Eliana finally hit 5cm. making a little bit of progress

"Do you want the epidural?" the nurse asked her

Eliana didn't hesitate, "yes" she pleaded.

The epidural wore off quick. Rob had been waiting in the waiting room even though Eliana had given him the ok to stay until it was time to push. Rob had refused that offer, to him it had been bad enough watching the love of his life go through the pain of childbirth. He wasn't about to watch his daughter go through the same pain.

-------------------------------------------

3 more long hours later

"Ok, you are finally ready to push Eliana," the nurse said. Eliana scooted up more and got into position, tightening her hold on Kristen's hand. she looked at her mother terrified, not sure if she could do this.