Blood tests

Kristen woke up feeling a lot better than she had been. She was praying today was the day she would get to go home to her boyfriend and her baby girl. As weird as it may have sounded, she missed getting up in the middle of the night to Eliana's cries. She hated being in the hospital and not with her family. She also knew that Rob blamed himself for her ending up in here but she didn't blame him herself. There was no way in knowing that she would get sick, yes she was on the brink of death and that's why she thought that he blamed himself so much.

Her nurse came in with her tray of food, it looked like..well she didn't really know what it looked like or what it was even supposed to be. she pulled her phone out from under her pillow and texted Rob asking him to please bring her some human food before she lost her appetite.  

She laid back against the pillow, craving for her baby to be on her chest. She just wanted to snuggle with her. She hated being away from her baby and Rob. she went onto her phone and replied to some emails, trying to pass the time.

------------------------------------------------------

Kristen was enjoying her food while Eliana slept on her chest. Rob was sitting on the bed next to her watching his family. Even though Kristen's hair was a mess and she was in a hospital gown. She was still absolutely gorgeous to Robert. Kristen noticed him staring

"What are you staring at?" Kristen playfully asked

"You, you are absolutely beautiful"

Kristen scoffed and rolled her eyes. "Rob, be real. I look like a fucking mess."

"You are a beautiful mess……."

Kristen knew there was no use in arguing with him on that. She finished her meal, more hungry than she had initially thought and pushed the tray table away while still having a hold on Eliana.

"Do you want to go for a walk?" Rob asked her

"Yeah, that would be nice." She handed Eliana over Rob who laid her like he did last night on the bed. Slowly Kristen stood up, gaining her balance.

"How do you feel?" Rob asked her

"Better than last night. Still off but better"

"Do you want to try with Eliana?"

Kristen bit her lip, making Rob laugh. He always thought she was so cute when she did that.

"As long as your right next to me."

"I won't let anything happen Kris and you know that." Kristen started walking towards the door as he grabbed Eliana. When they entered the hallway Rob slowly transferred Eliana to against Kristen's chest. She clutched the baby close to her, praying to God nothing would happen. They slowly walked down the corridor, until a nurse stopped them.

"So this is the famous baby that's been talked about around here." she smiled

Kristen smiled, not sure what the nurse meant by famous. Famous as in, actors daughter or as in she's just talked about a lot around the unit.

"Yeah, our baby girl." Kristen smiled as she slowly rocked her daughter.

After that encounter, Rob and Kristen started walking again. It wasn't until the very end of the walk that Kristen asked Robert to take Eliana because she was getting lightheaded. They went back to the room and Kristen settled in the chair. At that moment, the nurse came in and asked to get a blood sample from Kristen through her IV. She also took her vitals.

"I hate feeling like this" Kristen said when the nurse left.

"I know sweetheart, you will feel better soon."

Eliana started crying from her place on the bed where Rob had laid her when they had gotten back. He got up and picked the baby up, laying her in Kristen's arms. She smiled down at Eliana as she let her gown drop and helped get her eating. She looked down and saw her baby girl staring at her, it made her heart melt.

"I love you" she whispered.

A few minutes later, while she was breastfeeding, tons of doctors and nurses entered the room doing their rounds. Rob helped lay a blanket over Kristen even though everyone wasn't even phased by her breastfeeding.

They started off talking about Kristen like she wasn't even there. Explaining why she was there and how her night went. Kristen and Rob just looked at each other, not able to understand the medical language. Finally, they directed their attention to Kristen

"Miss Stewart, we have some bad news."

That was something she did not want to hear.

"Your blood count is low and also your sodium is low, we will start you on a higher dose of iv fluids, and replace some of your electrolytes and for your low blood count, we will start you on a vitamin supplement. Unfortunately, Miss Stewart, you will be here a couple more days."

Rob looked at Kristen who had her breath held and he could tell she was holding back from screaming at them. She was pissed and he knew it.

"I'm not fucking staying here, I have been here too long and away from my family too long."

"Miss Stewart, we really need to get those levels back to normal. If they get too severe, you might need to have a transfusion." Eliana was ready to be burped and Kristen carefully laid her against her chest burying her face in Eliana's hair before she started crying. Rob knew this was killing her and it was killing him too. He didn't want to be away from Kristen and didn't want his daughter to be away from her mother either. He knew, he had said he would force her to stay when she first got admitted but he couldn't do that to her.

"Is there anyway, possible that we could stay with her?" Rob asked

"Technically, that would be against the rules but let me see what we can do"

Everyone left and Rob sat on the arm of the chair, putting his arm around Kristen.

"Hey, it will be alright hun"

"What if they don't let you guys" she cried

"We will figure out something sweetie, I know this is hard on you"

"Very, I can't stand to be away from you guys."

"It hurts me too, especially at night"

"Yeah, but at least you have Eliana at night. I have no one"

"Don't stress about this now Kris."

------------------------------------------------------

Kristen was now laying in bed snuggling Eliana on her chest. It had been a few hours since the doctors had talked to her and she was desperate to know if her family could stay with her. She prayed to God that they could. She wasn't going to stay if her family couldn't. A few minutes the nurse came in

"We talked to the floor charge and technically we are not supposed to do this, but we really need to help you. They agreed to let your family stay with you"

Kristen let out a sigh of relief.

After the nurse left, Rob got up.

"I'm glad we can stay with you darling," he said as he kissed her cheek

"Me too, I need you both to get through this."

"Will you be ok with her if I run home and grab some stuff?"

Kristen gave him the, are you serious look. "Of course," she laughed. "We will be fine."

"Ok, ill be back." He went over to the diaper bag and grabbed all its contents leaving it all on the couch so he could take the bag with him. He sat a new diaper and wipes on Kristen's bed and kissed her before leaving. This was going to be a long hospital stay for Kristen, but she knew she could get through it with her family by her side.

Rob returned an hour later and found Kristen feeding Eliana.

After everything was put into drawers and organized, Rob climbed into bed with Kristen wrapping his arm around her as she drifted off to sleep with Eliana on her chest. It was almost dinner and Rob decided to let Kristen sleep. He laid there watching his family sleep. Thanking God that Kristen was slowly getting better.