Court

Eliana was in a deep sleep when Kristen awoke, so she snuck down to the lounge for a cup of coffee. the night had been emotionally painful for her. after they went to sleep, they slept for a couple hours until Eliana started crying with a nurse by her side. Kristen couldn't figure out why Eliana was freaking out, until later when the next nurse came in and she was female, it was a male thing. Eliana was scared of males at the moment and now it made sense to Kristen as to why Eliana was so uncomfortable in Rob's arms when he would hold her. she didn't freak out like she did with the nurse but she wasn't comfortable either.

Heading back to the room Eliana was still asleep, much to Kristen's relief, she needed all the sleep she could get. Kristen laid on the couch with her coffee in one hand and her phone in the other. she was beyond relieved that one nightmare was over, but another was just beginning.

Rob came through the door a few minutes later and Kristen put her finger to her lips as a signal to be quiet. "I need to talk to you," she said as she sat up.

"Whats up?" Rob said as he took a seat

"So I know why Eliana acted wary when you were holding her, wasn't her relaxed self."

"Yeah, I was confused about that."

"It's nothing against you, last night she freaked out on the nurse. screamed as much as she could, it took me a good half hour to calm her down. it's a male thing, she knows her daddy wouldn't hurt her but she's not sure."

"How do you know it's just males?"

"Because the next nurse that came in was female and Eliana was completely fine."

"So what do we do?"

"I think while I'm gone today, try to spend time with her. I'm not saying you don't, I mean just show her you won't hurt her."

"I will,"

"Don't worry, you will have your daddy's girl back soon enough" she smiled

"Really? all this time I thought she was mommy's girl" he playfully smirked

"Oh please!" Kristen rolled her eyes "We all know she is a daddys girl. she loves her momma but her eyes light up around you. well, they used to.... " a small cry came from the crib. Kristen looked at Robert

"Your cue," she said

She watched as Robert went over to Eliana and started to stroke her cheek. Eliana looked at Robert with fear in her eyes, not sure what to think.

"Hey, it's alright love. daddy isn't going to hurt you," he whispered to her. Caressing her cheek lightly with his finger.

"Do you want to feed her?" Kristen asked him. "I just have to ask the nurse if it's alright to feed her baby food."

"Sure." After Kristen got the ok from the nurse, she helped Kristen get Eliana into a comfortable position in her lap. With slow and steady movements Rob crouched down in front on Eliana and began feeding her, she looked at Rob with tension and apprehension in her eyes but slowly melted and let her guard down.

------------------------------------------------------

11:30am

"Alright, I'm going to head out. I need to stop at home and change into something court appropriate and have to go pick mom up also."

"Ok sweetheart, I love you and please don't lose control."

"No promises," she said sternly. "Um, I'll have my cell on me but we can't have them on in court. so if you need me, you won't be able to get ahold of me."