The Funeral

1 week later

Today was Aidens funeral. This past week had not done Eliana any favors, she was emotionally spent. She was basically numb, everything had stopped and she never left her room. She had been released after 4 days in the hospital and if she was honest with herself, she didn't care. She wanted to be with her son. She had lost the best part of her. Slowly she got out of bed and slipped into a black strapless dress and brushed all the knots out of her hair, trying to look somewhat sane.

Eliana sat in the front row next to her mother, watching the cd of pictures play across the screen before the service started. Hundreds of pictures, ones from her and Aiden in the hospital when he was born, up until the day he died. Her favorite was a picture that her mother had taken, she had fallen asleep in the rocking chair with Aiden snuggled on her chest. You could see Aiden's fist gripping her shirt and she remembered how he had cried when her mother had picked him up off her chest to lay him in his crib before waking her up, even though she had woken up when he cried.

Tears streamed down her cheeks watching the slideshow. This was the first real emotion that she had expressed all week. she was usually just numb, blank. but now everything was coming out.

The service started out with a rendition of Amazing grace and another song that Eliana had picked. Precious child by Karen Goodman

 In my dreams, you are alive and well
Precious child, precious child
In my mind, I see you clear as a bell

In my soul, there is a hole
That can never be filled
But in my heart, there is hope
'Cause you are with me still

In my heart, you live on, always there never gone
Precious child, you left too soon
Tho' it may be true that we're apart
You will live forever in my heart

In my plans, I was the first to leave
Precious child, precious child
But in this world, I was left here to grieve
Precious child, my precious child

In my soul, there is a hole
That can never be filled
But in my heart there is hope
And you are with me still

In my heart you live on, always there, never gone
Precious child, you left too soon
Tho' it may be true that we're apart
You will live forever in my heart

God knows I want to hold you
See you, touch you and maybe there's a heaven
And someday I will again
Please know you are not forgotten until then

In my heart you live on, always there never gone
Precious child, you left too soon
Tho' it may be true that we're apart
You will live forever in my heart  

Every word was true, Eliana didn't know how she would move on and in all reality, she didn't want to. This pain was like nothing she had ever felt before, she was scared of it and wanted this all to be a dream. this was fucked up, she lost the most out of all of this. Yes, the other driver had gotten life for 1st-degree murder but that didn't bring Eliana any comfort. her son was gone, she would never get to hold him again. Never see his little smiles again when she would talk to him, her night time cuddle sessions or even hearing his cries. Now all she had were pictures, videos, and memories.