Very Unexpected!

It was well past 7 am and Kristen was still in bed

It was well past 7 am and Kristen was still in bed. She had been up most of the night throwing up, she was exhausted. Rob had made breakfast for himself and the kids before making some soup for Kristen, hoping she could stomach it.

"Here sweetheart" Rob said as he sat down on the bed. Kristen smiled slightly and sat up, grabbing ahold of the bowl.

"How are you feeling?"

"Clammy, annoyed. I hate being sick."

Rob suddenly started shaking his head and laughed.

"Whats so funny?" Kristen asked curiously.

"I was just thinking about the last time you were this sick."

"It was when I was pregnant...with Alora..."Kristen all the sudden paled. "You don't think?" She stammered.

"Who knows"

"I have some tests in the bathroom, wouldn't hurt to check." Kristen slowly got out of bed, carefully hanging onto stuff as she crossed the room to the bathroom. A few minutes later she was staring at the test on the sink.

"Fuck" she exclaimed. She was pregnant and she was worried about how Eliana would take it. It had only been four months since Aiden had passed.

"How are we going to tell her? She's going to flip." Kristen said as she and Robert went down to the living room.

"Honey, it might not be that bad. Eliana will understand."

"Yeah sure, understand that her mother is pregnant four months after her son has died..."

"YOUR WHAT!!!!" Eliana exclaimed. Both Kristen and Robert were unaware they had an audience.

"Eliana sweetie..."Kristen started out

"How could you do this to me????" Eliana cried. Feeling hurt and betrayed she ran out of the house.

"Eliana" Kristen pleaded. Rob grabbed her shoulder.

"I'll go, don't stress yourself out. I'll go talk to her."

"Ok, mister, it will all be alright."

Rob rolled his eyes and left the house, knowing exactly where Eliana had gone. The same place she had gone these past months. The park, When he arrived Eliana was sitting on the bench by the water crying. He sat next to her and pulled her into his arms.

"Eliana honey,"

"How could you guys do this to me?"

"You know we were not trying too....I know this must be hard for you Eliana and I get that."

"You don't know anything dad! how would you feel???? it has been four months since I lost my son and now mom is pregnant. I cant be in the same house"

"Eliana, we just have to tough through this and who knows, you might actually find this therapeutic. listen, all I know is your mom isn't thrilled about the situation either."

"I just need some time dad."

"Alright, come back to the house when you are ready."

"Tell mom I'm sorry."

"Love you, sweetheart"

Meanwhile, Kristen was sitting on the couch at home with her face in her hands. She didn't blame Eliana for running out, she would have done the same thing. The whole situation was fucked up.

"Momma??" Aloras voice came from the staircase.

"What honey?"

"Whats wrong?" Alora came and sat by Kristen, putting her arm around her.

"I'm pregnant Alora"

"That's great mom!"

"Yeah, I guess. I just wish this wouldn't have happened right now. Your sister is not taking it well."

"It will work out for itself mom, you will see."

"Yeah, I guess." she got up and went to the fridge and grabbed a beer. Quickly realizing she couldn't actually drink it. "Fuck!" she exclaimed as she shoved it back into the fridge.

"MOM, calm down," Alora said.

"I'm sorry Alora, I'm just stressed"

"Stress isn't good for the baby and you know that."

"You are definitely your father's child" Kristen laughed. Yeah, I'm going, to be honest alora, I'm not sure how I feel about this pregnancy."

"What are you really afraid of mom? Its got to be more than just Eliana's reaction."

Kristen sat back down on the couch. "I'm 38 years old Alora, I haven't raised a baby in 13 years."

"It doesn't matter mom, you are a great mother and you know we will all help out."

"Thanks, hun, my pregnancy with you messed up my body. I'm scared."

"It's alright to be scared mom."

Rob entered the house and headed to the bathroom. When he came out he was met by Alora

"Dad, talk to mom"

"Why what's wrong?"

"She needs you, there is more to this than Eliana's reaction."

"I figured."

Later on, Kristen didn't know what to think. She didn't know how to feel about this pregnancy. Her phone suddenly rang and Kristen didn't hesitate to answer it.

"Eliana where are you?"

"I'm safe mom, don't worry about that. I'm staying at a friend's for a while"

"Eliana, please come home sweetheart."

"I can't mom, I just can't. I love you and I'll stay in contact."

"Eliana...." The sound of the dial tone filled her ears. "Shit!" she exclaimed.

"She will come around," Rob said.

"I hope so," she sighed. She placed her hand on her stomach. This wasn't what she was like with her previous pregnancies. She couldn't say what she felt towards this one...resentment maybe? She hated that fact that she felt that way, she fucking hated it.

Laying in bed that night, she tried grasping how she felt. It wasn't her babies fault that she had gotten pregnant. It was awful timing, any other time she would have probably been happy to be pregnant again. But right now, she didn't know how she felt.

------------------------------------------------------

(Runs and hides) um...unexpected plot twist? (Nervously Laughs) lot more family drama to come! Enjoy!