First Cuddle

Rob was away filming, Kristen had talked him into doing a project since their days were pretty routine

Rob was away filming, Kristen had talked him into doing a project since their days were pretty routine. She spent every waking moment at the hospital, only going home every couple days to shower and grab fresh clothes. The girls were staying with Jules for the time being and Jules was over excited to have the girls staying with her.

Kristen was proud of herself, it only took a month but they had finally named the baby, Kace Lachlan Robert Pattinson. Kace was doing as well as could be expected and had also gained a couple pounds. as time went on, it was obvious Kace would never be normal. he wasn't hitting any milestones.

Sitting next to the incubator, Kristen was watching their son take every breath. never knowing if it would be his last. A nurse came in and started changing Kaces' diaper as Kristen stood up. The nurse couldn't help but notice the look in Kristen's eyes, she had seen that look in so many mothers, the longing of wanting to hold her child.

After the nurse left Kristen took her seat back in the chair, going back to her book. The nurse came back in a few minutes later, crouching down beside Kristen.

"Hey, I talked to the doctor and he gave the ok for you to hold your baby for a few minutes."

"Really?" Kristen squeaked.

The nurse helped Kristen readjust her shirt before heading over to the incubator. Kristen watched as the nurse gathered what seemed like hundreds of cords up into her hand, securing them with a zip tie. Kace wasn't too much of a fan being picked up according to his heart rate, Kristen giggled lightly at that. At least Kace had some way of communication.

Kristen watched as the nurse slowly slipped him into her shirt. Instinctively she secured him against her, tears streaming down her face. She didn't even notice when the nurse clipped the bundle of wires to her shirt so they wouldn't pull for Kace.

"There you go momma, I'll leave you guys alone for a few minutes alright?" The nurse smiles

"Hello Kace," Kristen whispered as she gently stroked his cheek. "I love you, sweetheart." She watched as Kace opened his eyes to her voice. This was the first thing Kristen had done as a mom for him, she had really only held his hand. She wasn't even sure Kace knew who she was but this moment confirmed it. He knew.

Kace wrapped his hand around her finger like he always did before settling back against her. She spotted her phone on the table and knew Robert would want a picture.

"Can momma take a picture love?" She gently got out of his grasp and grabbed her phone snapping a couple of quick pictures and sending them to Robert before returning her attention to her baby. The feeling of his body against hers gave her a sense of peace. This was maybe the first time since Kace had been born that she wasn't on edge, she felt calm.

Robert being all the way in Athens, smiled at the picture. He missed his family but was glad he was doing something out of the routine. Only another month until he was back with his family unless something happened.

Kristen held Kace for a little while before he was returned to the incubator. She had decided she was going to head home and then head over to her mom's to take the girls out for dinner.

Alora and Eliana loved spending time with their mother. it was rare that they got to spend time with her these days. the only time they really saw her was when they came up to the hospital. Kristen was trying her hardest to be there for her girls, she just couldn't be in two places at once and Kace needed her more at the moment.

After dinner, Kristen stayed at her mother's for a little while before having to return to the hospital.

"Honey, why don't you stay here for the night?"

"I can't mom."

"Kristen, you have been at that hospital every night. Why don't you stay here tonight?"

"Mom...."

"I'll stay with Kace tonight alright? You stay here and spend some time with the girls."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes," Jules laughed.

"Call me if anything happens, I'll have my ringer up full blast."

"Alright, hun." Jules left and Kristen grabbed a blanket and curled up on the couch. Alora sat on the floor in front of Kristen as she scrolled through Netflix in search of a movie.

An hour later, Kristen was playing with Alora hair as the movie finished up. She was on the verge of falling asleep, having not had good sleep in over a month.

"Well, girls, I think I'm going to go to bed."

"Ok, mom," Eliana said

"Can we sleep with you?" Alora asked

Kristen smiled. "I would love that girls."

"Yay!" Alora squealed. She ran upstairs to go get dressed

Eliana giggled, turning back to her mother.

"Sure why not,"

Kristen curled up in bed, instantly relaxing against the mattress the girl's climbed in with her she wrapped her arm around her girls before falling asleep.