Hospital Blues

-sorry short chapter-

It had been a week since Eliana had returned to Kristen and Robert and they were finally going home. She had drastically improved over the last week, she was back to being able to sit up on her own and was almost back to crawling. the bruises were starting to fade and she was back to loving her daddy 100%. Kristen was getting her dressed as Robert took their luggage down to the car. the only things they were waiting for were the paperwork and for the nurse to take out Eliana's IV line.

Kristen sat on the couch with Eliana in her lap, watching as Eliana smiled and stared up at her. which caused Kristen to return the smile to her daughter. slowly she ran her fingers through her daughter's hair, thinking about how this little person had changed her life. her life at one point revolved around filming, premieres, after parties, drinking and smoking, but now it revolved around their daughter entirely.

"Ok, love let's get this over with," Kristen said as she stood up with Eliana after having seen a nurse come in and put on gloves. she laid Eliana in the crib and took her hand into hers

"Please step back," the nurse said in an icy voice, sending a chill down Kristen's spine. she did what she was told and the nurse blocked Eliana's view of her and immediately that sent Eliana into hysterics. the nurse seemed rough and never even tried to soothe Eliana and this pissed Kristen off to no end. as soon as she stepped away Kristen was by her baby's side in an instant.

"It's ok baby girl, I know she was rough wasn't she" Kristen cooed as she scooped Eliana up into her arms. one arm around her waist with the other running over the baby's hair as Eliana laid her head on her shoulder. "It's alright" she soothed. Eliana picked her head back up, looking at Kristen with tear filled eyes. it broke her heart. Rob came in as Kristen was rubbing Elianas back as she quietly sobbed.

"Whats wrong?" Rob asked Kristen concern lacing his voice.

"The nurse was way too rough with her while taking out her IV, wouldn't let me near her."

Eliana raised her head off of Kristen's shoulder and reached out for her daddy. Kristen smiled, this was the first time in over a week that Eliana ever wanted Rob.

"Do you want to go to daddy?" Kristen asked her as she handed her over. Rob cradled her against his chest and headed over to the chair. it was a mere 2 hours later when the nurse finally came in with the paperwork and finally they could leave.

"Let's go home" Kristen whispered as she got Eliana buckled in.

Arriving home, Bear and Bernie immediately greeted Kristen and Eliana at the door, Eliana squealed and tried getting out of Kristen's grasp, wanting to play with her friend.

"Hang on love," Kristen chuckled. "you can't just jump down." she went into the living room and placed her down on the floor. bringing her box of toys over and a couple of Bears toys. she sat on the couch and watched as Eliana and Bear "Played" together. it always amazed Kristen and Robert how gentle Bear was with Eliana, he had been that way ever since Kristen's bump first became visible. Kristen and Rob were both curled up in each other embrace on the couch.

"Feels good to be home" Kristen sighed

"Bet it does, you have never liked hospitals."

"Nope," she said popping the P. "but I wasn't going to leave her in that strange place alone, not to mention I'm not letting her out of either one of our sights."

Kristen scooted down and laid down, laying her head on Roberts' chest. he ran his fingers through her hair, watching as the two friends play together. slowly she fell asleep. Robert felt Kristen's breathing steady out and ran his fingers over her cheek, he sat there admiring her beauty before deciding to put her to bed. carefully he scooped her up, trying not to wake her. he laid her in bed, watching as she turned over onto her other side before pulling the blanket over her. he placed a light kiss on her cheek before heading back downstairs to spend time with his daughter.

That night

Kristen and Robert were both in the nursery, Kristen was rocking Eliana in her arms as she paced around the room. in all truth, she didn't want to leave Eliana in her crib, she had seriously considered bringing her into their bed tonight. Rob could see the fear and internal struggle in Kristen's eyes and offered some reassurance.

"I promise we can bring her into our bed if it comes down to that later on. let's just give this a shot first alright? she might surprise us." he said

"Yeah...ok." Eliana had fallen asleep in her arms, slowly she walked over to the crib and laid the baby down. "Goodnight sweetheart" she whispered. "I'll be here right when you need me." she turned around and followed Robert back to their room and climbed into bed beside him, the feeling of the cool mattress felt amazing against her skin. very different and way more comfortable than the hospital couch that she had become accustomed to over the last week.

1:23am

A deafening cry rang out from across the hall and Kristen was up and out of bed before Robert could even register what was happening.

"Eliana, mommy's here," Kristen said as she entered the nursery. still pulling her robe up and on over her shoulders. "Shh, sweetheart, everything alright." she soothed as she pulled Eliana into her arms. "Let's go to mommy's bed." she headed back to her bed, laying Eliana next to Rob before climbing in herself. she pulled Eliana against her chest, stroking her baby girls hair as she fell back asleep.