1 Day post partum

8am

Kristen woke up to the sound of her baby girls cries echoing throughout the room. Turning over, she placed her hand onto Eliana's chest.

"What's wrong Sweet girl?" She asked her daughter, obviously a rhetorical question. Carefully she picked the tiny baby up, placing her on her silk nightgown covered chest. The baby quieted upon contact with her Mommy's chest.

"Did you just want momma? Huh?" Kristen giggled
---------------------------------------------
Robert woke up an hour later to see Kristen asleep with Eliana against her chest who was also asleep. Quietly he snuck out of bed and carefully lifted Eliana off of Kristen's chest. Kristen all the sudden panicked, her breathing accelerated as her grip on the baby tightened in a very protective way

"Kris" Rob whispered. "It's just me, it's ok"

Kristen moaned obviously still asleep and released her hold on Eliana. Rob laughed, even in her sleep Kristen was still protective of their child. Going downstairs he went into the kitchen with Eliana in his arms.

"Ok, do you think we should make mommy breakfast?" He asked his daughter earning a grunt from the tiny baby.

"I'll take that as a yes" Rob laughed

He went over to the carpeted area in the living room and laid Eliana down, "You can observe and make sure daddy doesn't burn the house down" he laughed as he made sure she was settled.

Going back to the kitchen starting to make marmalade muffins. Half way through the meal preparation he heard the dogs running up from the basement.

"Guys slow down and watch out for Eliana" Rob yelled.

Bear came to a halt when he noticed Eliana, Bernie, on the other hand, kept going as loud as he could and started barking. Rob looked at Eliana who had started to squirm around on the blanket, her face scrunched up and Rob knew what was coming. And as if on cue a loud wail erupted from Eliana as she frantically squirmed. Bear went over to her whimpering and nudged her, trying to calm her down.

Robert went over gently scooping Eliana up, bouncing her in his arms.

"Thank you for trying to help Bear," Rob said before he turned to his daughter "Eliana it's ok, did he scare you? It's ok sweetheart." Rob said as he placed a kiss on the baby's head. The baby went into quiet whimpers before quieting down altogether.

Rob laid her back on the floor and returned to his cooking. Bear went and curled himself around Eliana in a protective way as Rob watched from the kitchen.

Finishing up with breakfast he noticed Eliana starting to whimper from the living room. Looking at the clock he realized she was probably hungry, not knowing how long it had been since she had eaten last. Perfect timing he thought.

He made his way over to Eliana as she began to cry. "Hey, it's ok love. We are going to get you to mommy and get you fed" Rob told her as he picked her up settling her against his chest. He still couldn't believe how tiny the little human being against his chest was. He loved her with every ounce of his being and her mother.

He headed upstairs with the baby and breakfast. He tried entering the bedroom as quietly as he could but Eliana had other plans. He could see Kristen begin to stir from the baby's crying.

"Kristen hun, Eliana needs to eat and I made you breakfast."

"Sounds good," Kristen said as she slowly sat up, slowly opening her eyes. Rob carefully laid Eliana in her arms and watched as she got the baby settled and eating before handing Kristen her food.

"Thank you," Kristen said. "Hi, baby did you hang out with daddy this morning?"

"She observed and made sure I didn't burn the house down."

"I bet"

"We need to teach Bernie to be quiet around her. "

"What happened?"

He was chasing Bear up from the basement and I had Eliana laying on the floor. When Bear saw here he calmed down and stopped but Bernie kept going as loud as he could scaring her and then proceeded to bark.

"Oh no...."

"Yeah, Eliana was not a happy camper there a few seconds."

"Did the doggy scare you?" Kristen asked Eliana

"Did you know that I took her from you this morning?"

"Nope, I don't remember. Why?"

"It was funny, to see you so protective"

"Oh no...."

"You started freaking out when I went to take her from you and tightened your grip on her. But once I reassured you, you let her go"

"I don't remember" she mused.

Eliana pulled away from Kristen a few minutes later, indicating she was done.

"Can you burp her, please?" Rob carefully took Eliana from her, placing her on his shoulder. Eliana turned her head, wide-eyed staring at her momma

"Hi, sweetheart" Kristen whispered. "I promise after momma eats we can cuddle. I wanna try and get out of bed and into the chair."

"It's been over 24 hours as long as you listen to your body, we can probably get you out of bed."

Finishing up her breakfast, Kristen carefully took Eliana from Rob when she noticed her start to whimper.

"Hi, sweet girl."

Kristen laid her in the bassinet and put her arm around Rob. "Alright, I'm going to help you, slow and steady alright?"

Slowly Kristen stood up, she felt a little unsteady but knew Rob wouldn't let her fall. Slowly she started walking wincing with every movement as her body adjusted to walking after childbirth, Rob held her hand as she sat down in the chair.

"How was that?" He asked her

"Painful but felt good in a way."

Rob went and grabbed Eliana and laid her against Kristen's chest.

----------------------------------------------
-That Night-

Eliana had been fussing for the past 20 minutes,

"Sweetheart, what's wrong?" Kristen asked her daughter as she held her in her arms.

Eliana let out a piercing cry, paining Kristen. "Honey, what is the matter?" She felt helpless that she couldn't help her daughter. She did not know what was wrong.

Looking into Eliana's eyes she could see a "please help me" plea in them. She hugged Eliana close to her chest while still patting her back.

She slowly laid Eliana on to the bed rubbing her stomach. The baby started crying harder and squirmed, trying to get away.

"Do you have a tummy ache hun?" Kristen asked her. She started rubbing circled on the baby's stomach hoping to relieve some of the pain. It took a few minutes but then Eliana let out a fart and Kristen couldn't keep a straight face, she watched as Eliana finally relaxed and closed her eyes clutching Kristen's shirt in her tiny hand.