24-week birth

Just wanna say, I know this is short but there will be more revealed in the upcoming chapters :) thank you!

Over the course of the months, Robert got concerned about Kristen. Kristen seemed so detached from this pregnancy, shrugging him off when he mentioned the baby and just didn't seem to be herself. He also knew that the fact that Eliana still had not come home yet was a reason. Eliana would call every day but always said she wasn't coming home. It wasn't until Kristen hit 24 weeks that she got a major wake up call.

Kristen and Alora were in the kitchen cooking, Kristen had felt weird all morning but shrugged it off. Rob was away promoting his new movie "Batman" (Just go with me on this, I couldn't think of a film name for him to star in Haha!)

"MOM, your pants are wet." Alora pointed out.

Kristen looked down, horrifyingly gasping.

"Alora, call your dad. My water just broke."

"Mom, you're not due for a ton of weeks!"

"Tell your brother that" Kristen giggled. She was giggling but inside she was terrified.

"He's not answering," Alora said but stopped when she saw her mom doubled over in pain. "I'm going to call Eliana."

"Good luck," Kristen said

"Eliana? You need to come home. God damn Eliana, mom is in labor and dad isn't here and you are only one that can drive."

Fine, Eliana responded. I'll be there soon.

Getting off the phone Alora was met by a sight she never usually saw. Her mother crying. Sure she had her seen her lightly sobbing but this was on another level.

"Mom, it will be alright." Alora soothed as she sat next to her mom.

"I'm scared, he's so early. Too early to survive."

"You know the hospital will do everything they can."

---------------------------

Soon they were at the hospital, Eliana stuck around. She was worried but this wasn't how she wanted to return home. She stood against the wall of the hospital room fiddling with her keys as the nurses got Kristen hooked up to multiple machines.

Alora held her mother's hand as Kristen was squeezing it out of fear watching as a nurse rolled an ultrasound machine over and dimmed the light. After a few seconds, the technician left and came back with a doctor. 

"Kristen, there is barely any fluid. We are not going to be able to stop the labor. We are going to have to do an emergency c section."

Kristen broke down crying as Alora stroked her mother's forehead. She knew what this meant. This baby didn't have much of a chance.

"What are the chances my baby will be alright?" Kristen asked in between sobs

"We will do our best"  She left the room.

Alora's phone rang and she sighed in relief when she saw her dad's caller id.

"Alora, 20 missed calls. What could have happened that you blow up my phone?"

"Thought you would love to know mom's in labor and she's having a c section."

"What??? She was fine when I left!"

"Yeah a few days ago,"

"Aw man Alora, I'm not going to make it."

"Ok, I'll see if I can stay with mom."

"Keep me updated love, can I talk to her?"

"Um yeah, mom dad wants to talk to you."

Kristen shakily took the phone. Alora tried not to listen in.

"I gotta go," Kristen said as the nurses came to get her ready. Alora hung the phone up.

"Can I stay with her?" she asked the nurse. "My dad isn't going to make it."

"Alora, you don't have to," Kristen said.

"Yes, I do" Alora stated matter of factly.

She followed as Kristen was wheeled to the operating room.

"Scrub up and put this on" the nurse instructed. "I'll come and get you when you can come in."

Kristen was leaning on a nurse as they were giving her the spinal blocker. It burned but soon she couldn't really feel anything. Alora came in as instructed and took a seat next to her mom. She was going to try and distract her.

"How are you feeling mom?"

"Worried. I'm sorry you are having to see this Alora."

"You're my mom, I'm going to be here for you and everything will be alright."

"Can you feel this?" The doctor asked Kristen.

"No, nothing" Kristen sighed

The silence was deafening, Kristen could feel the tugging of her insides. It felt weird and slightly uncomfortable. Alora kept running her fingers through her mother's hair in a soothing manner, not really paying attention to what was happening.

After what felt like forever, Kristen finally heard her sons soft mewling. She felt the tears rolling down her cheeks as she watched her son be taken out of the room. At least he was alive, that was a start. She gripped Alora's hand tightly in hers just needing someone right now

"Everything will be alright mom"

A part of Kristen hated that Alora was seeing her like this, completely vulnerable. But a part of her honestly didn't care.

"Mom?" Alora asked as she looked at her mom. Kristen didn't look good, all the sudden the monitors started going off.

"She's hemorrhaging" she heard one of the nurses say.

"Mom, please stay with me" Alora pleaded.

"I'm going to have to ask you to leave ma'am," a nurse said. She gently guided Alora out and to the waiting room. Alora pulled her phone out and called Eliana trying to figure out where she was.

"I left," Eliana said.

"Wow, you couldn't even stick around. Well just so you know, mom started hemorrhaging." Alora said through her gritted teeth before hanging up. Next, she needed to call her father.

"Alora?" Robs voice came on the phone.

"Yeah, it's me, dad."

"How's mom? How's the baby?"

"The baby is, alive. That's pretty much all we know. Mom....mom..." Alora choked out.

"What happened?"

"She started hemorrhaging, they are working on her. They just brought me out to the waiting room."

"Where were you?

"With mom, I didn't leave her side"

"Wow," Rob was speechless.

Alora sat in the waiting room, praying to God her mother and her brother would be alright.

-----------------------------------------------

I promise, more info about her pregnancy will be revealed in the upcoming chapters! :)