Funeral

This is going to be short, im sorry :( major writers block. promise next one will be way longer

-------------------------------------------

Kristen stood in the bedroom, dressed in a short black dress with a matching necklace. Today was going to be a hard day, today was the day of Clare's funeral.

It had already been a bad morning, Rob was basically unresponsive to really just about anything and everything

It had already been a bad morning, Rob was basically unresponsive to really just about anything and everything. including his daughters cries and that scared Kristen the most. he sat on the bed staring out the window, much like she had found him when she had first arrived. it was heart breaking to her that she couldn't fix this for him. her grief was so much different than his, yes she thought of Clare as a mother but she had only actually seen her a handful of times. She knew that Roberts pain was much deeper and she would be there to support him with whatever he needed. Kristen herself could not imagine losing either one of her parents, she was extremely close to her mother. not to say that she wasn't with her father too but it was different.

---------------------------------

Everyone arrived at the funeral location where the service would take place. It was raining, the perfect weather for this kind of event. The cemetery was dark and dreary with everyone under a tent in front of the grave. There were tons of people, a lot of them Kristen didn't know and neither did Rob.

Richard was standing in the front crying as Rob had his arm around his father. why did she have to die? Richard thought momentarily before he took his seat at the front. Kristen was standing off to the side with Eliana, holding back tears of her own.

"We are gathered here today to celebrate a life that was taken from us far too soon" the preacher began. Kristen blocked out most of the ceremony, keeping her eye on Robert who's whole body was racked with sobs. It felt as if time itself was standing still, that this was just a horrible nightmare, and he was trying to escape. When he collapsed to the ground, Kristen couldn't take it any longer.

She clutched Eliana closer and headed over to him, she knelt down beside him and started rubbing his back, not sure what to say, letting him cry. they listened as everyone said a few words about Clare, everything that was said was true and people had nothing but nice and loving things to say about her. The grief came in waves and threatened to consume them both entirely

When the ceremony was over, everyone headed to Clares favorite restaurant on the outskirts of London. the place was beautiful, nothing that Kristen had ever seen before. Chandeliers hung from the ceiling, stone fireplaces filled every wall, soothing music played over the speakers. Kristen was taken aback, it looked like a very expensive place to eat and she was right. she couldn't believe the prices

"How often did your mother eat here?" she asked Rob

"Once a week"

Kristen's eyes widen In surprise, she wondered how she could afford this? she shook those thoughts out of her head and dug into her meal, she finished before most of the people and proceeded to feed Eliana the yogurt she had ordered. Eliana squealed and cooed clearly satisfied with her meal. The rest of the lunch went by smoothly with Lizzie only shooting burning glares at Kristen, she knew to keep her distance. she had learned her lesson. they all stuck around for a while after and converted after the meals were finished, not sure when they would see each other again.

Kristen drove home as neither of the guys was in a state to be driving. upon arriving home Rob and Richard immediately locked themselves in their rooms.

"Looks like it's just you and me Eliana," Kristen said. she was giving Rob time to himself, she went for a walk and took Eliana to the park that was down the street. they stayed there for a little while until Eliana needed to go down for a nap. when they got home, she left Eliana to sleep on the couch as she went back to the bedroom to go see Robert. she didn't even bother knocking, she went in and found him asleep in the bed. she could have shut the door and went back out to the living room but she didn't. she snuck over and climbed into bed with him, stroking his hair as he slept. she knew that it was going to be a long road for them both but together, they would make it through.