Anguish

48 hours later 

Hysterical screams, calling the baby's name, crying. that's how nights went for them both. Robert never slept and when Kristen did she would wake up screaming and even got out of bed one time and headed over to the nursery convinced their baby wasn't gone. she didn't want to believe it.

It was 7 in the morning and Robert was down in the kitchen making coffee. Kristen was sitting on their bed staring out the window as tears streamed down her face. she felt empty, like a part of her was ripped from her. she didn't know where their baby girl was. she didn't know if Eliana was tired, cold or hungry and most of all, she didn't know if she would see her little girl again or even worse, alive.

"Kris?" Robert's voice echoed Into the room. Kristen didn't turn her head, not wanting him to see her cry. seeing the pain written on her face, he sat the coffee on the nightstand and pulled her into a hug as she broke, freely sobbing into his chest.

"Let it out love," he whispered. trying not to let his voice betray him as he was trying not to cry himself

"D-do y-ou th-think we will ever see her again?" Kristen sobbed.

Robert didn't want to give her false hope, he didn't want to make promises that he wasn't sure he could keep. because in reality, he wasn't sure himself. it had been 48 hours since they had seen their daughter and it was killing them.

"I don't know Kris......."

"I'm sorry, I've been over here wallowing not even considering your feelings. she was your baby too...."

"Kris, I understand. you are the one that carried our daughter for almost 9 months. you are the one the one that felt her inside of you. I would be concerned if you were taking it well."

"I love you, Rob....."

"I love you too."

"I miss her so fucking much...."

"I know sweetheart, I do too. we can't give up. she needs us now more than ever"

"Yeah," Kristen breathed. "She's probably missing us. I wonder what's happening with her right now."

Meanwhile, Eliana was scared. she hadn't seen either of her parents in she didn't know how long. she was cold and hungry. laying in a dark wet room, in her soiled diaper on a concrete floor. she had run out of energy to cry long ago, learning no one was coming for her. another reason she didn't cry was that she knew she would be hit, her body hurt from the last beating. she was desperate to back in her mother's arms, she longed to feel safe again.

Kristen and Robert were doing what they had been the past 48 hours. pacing throughout the house, waiting on a phone call as to where their angel was. Kristen plopped down on the couch, breaking down again. this was consuming every fiber of her being. she was scared, she was downright petrified of the outcome of this. going into her phone, she immediately went into her photo roll scrolling through the pictures of Eliana. the most recent one, that she had given to police was taken 2 days prior to today, they were at the park and Rob had used her phone to take a picture of her pushing Eliana on the swings. Eliana was smiling and squealing and Kristen herself could be seen as she pushed Eliana smiling and laughing. she would have never guessed that day would the last time she would see her baby.

She felt the hot tears cloud her vision as her body convulsed with sobs. the couch dipped beside her and an arm wrapped around her. Rob gently pried the phone out of her hand and let her cry into his chest until she fell asleep. he hated seeing her like this, he hated that his daughter was missing. he hated it all right now. looking down at Kristen's tear stained face, he brushed his fingers along her jaw line. he was worried about her, she had completely stopped eating. she had not eaten since dinner the night everything happened.

A few minutes later a knock at the door brought him out of his thoughts and woke Kristen up. it was the police, there to ask them more questions and gather more information

"Is there anyone who you could think of, who may have done this?" the officer asked

Kristen looked at Rob, biting her lip.

"I have to say it" she whispered. Rob sighed but nodded his head in agreement. he didn't want to believe she would do this.

"His sister, Elizabeth Pattinson. she has always had something against me. we got into a little fight in London and as much as I don't want to say it could be her, I can't rule her out."

"That's fine miss, do you know where Miss Pattinson resides?"

"North side of London," Rob said. "I'll give you her address," he said as he got up. he ripped a page out of his black book handing it to the officer

"Thank you, Mr. Pattinson. now, is there anyone else? like old co- workers? teachers? exes?"

"Well, I don't think any co stars would but there is an ex of mine, his name is Michael Angarano."

"You think he would do this?" Rob asked her

"I'm not ruling him out, he was pretty pissed when we broke up," Kristen said

"Do you know where Mr. Angarano resides?"

"Not now no, I'm sorry." she said cowering like a puppy that had just been scolded

"It's alright, we will find out where he is at" the officer reassured her. "thank you for your time and as soon as we find out anything, we will give you a call."

Kristen let out a tight smile, not trusting her voice. Robert walked him out and returned, taking Kristen into his arms as they just hugged each other.

-------------------------------------------------

That night in bed

"Kris" he whispered and she looked at him with unshed tears rimming her green eyes.

"Nights are the worst" she whispered. "gives me too much time to think and my mind constantly goes to her. we would be cuddling right now. I miss her tiny body against mine."

"I know hun. just think, she will be so happy to be back with momma."

"Yeah...if we see her again."

"Kristen...."

"I know, I know. I shouldn't think like that." she sighed

"Baby come here." Kristen scooted closer, laying her head on his chest.

"If we" Rob shot her a look. "sorry when we get her back. I'm never leaving her side."

"Don't expect you too" he giggled. "you know, this is the most you have talked to me in two days."

"Yeah, I've just been in my head and literally have had no motivation to do anything."

"I've been worried about you sweetie. you haven't been eating and you constantly wake up crying. what are you dreaming about?"

"You don't want to know Rob....I'm serious."

"If you ever want to talk about anything, I'm here. you can't shut me out, we are in this together."

"It's hard, I love that little girl. I've loved her from the moment I found out she was inside of me. I'm worried sick, wondering what she is feeling right now."

"Your an amazing mom, you know that?"

Kristen gave him a look that he could read right through.

"I know you don't feel like it right now, but this isn't your fault. its no ones fault except for the bastard that took her."

"Yeah,"

"Get some sleep," Rob said as he kissed her. Kristen slept in his arms as he lied awake, unable to sleep. this was going to be a long journey and they both needed each other. tomorrow was another day that they would have to fight through to survive but it was going to be alright, as long as they did it together.