Every parent's nightmare

I know I did one of these in my other book, but this was a sudden idea and I randomly started writing this chapter and actually finished the next 3 chapters. so please bare with me and my crazy imagination. thank you!

-------------------------------------------

1 month later

Waking up early, Robert planned a date night for him and Kristen. it had been a little over 7 months since the birth of their daughter and a number of times they had been away from her could be counted on one hand.

Getting out of bed he headed over to the nursery to see Eliana awake, sitting in her crib.

"Good morning angel," he said as he lifted her out of the crib. he went downstairs, placing Eliana in the highchair before grabbing her food out of the pantry.

"Chicken broth or sweet corn?" he asked her, skimming through the jars of baby food. Elianas all time favorite was the Apple Blueberry and Vanilla custard pudding. she could eat those all day and Kristen and Rob were both trying to get her to like other flavors too.

"Goodmorning you two," Kristen said as she entered the kitchen. seeing Robert feeding Eliana.

"How did you sleep, love?" he asked her

"Good," she went up to him wrapping her arms around his neck, kissing his cheek. "is she almost done?"

"Yeah, just a couple more bites."

"I'll grab her bottle," she said before heading over and grabbing a bottle of breast milk out of the fridge. "here you go, love," she said as she handed Eliana the bottle before picking her up. Rob followed her to the living room and watched as Kristen sat the baby on the floor before curling up on the couch. he joined her.

"Whats on your mind love? you don't seem like yourself" he whispered in her ear,

"I got an offer for a movie....."

"That's great sweetheart! are you doing it?"

Tears welled in Kristen's eyes just thinking about being away from her family. "no.." she whispered. so low she wasn't sure if he had heard her

"Why not love? come on, talk to me."

"We would be filming in Wales for nearly 5 months and I'm just not ready, I'm not ready for 16 hour days, only seeing you and our daughter over skype, or for a day or two if you guys fly out. I'm not ready for the emotional toll that it will have on both Eliana and me, you know she won't cope with mommy gone that long and I know I won't either."

"You do make some good points. I will support whatever you decide hun, if you think you are not ready then you probably aren't"

"It's called Snow White and the Huntsman, it sounds like a cool movie but it's not worth it. and also, I've heard the director is a prick." she nervously giggled

Rob took her into his arms, "you do not have to do anything that you are not ready for love, I will be here supporting you every step of the way. we both will be."

---------------------------------------------

After dropping Eliana off at her grandma's, Kristen and Robert headed to their usual restaurant. the food was delicious and they were so happy to spend time with each other, just the two of them. after they were done, they headed to the theater down the block, to see the latest film Anna Karenina. they were enjoying the night kid free, taking advantage until it got to be late and they decided after the movie that it was time to go home.

Entering the house they were giggling and laughing, nothing seemed out of the ordinary at first. Robert stopped in his tracks seeing the house in a complete disarray, cushions were on the floor, lamps knocked over. it looked like something out of horror movie. Kristen stopped behind him, her laughter quickly fading, taking in the scene before her.

"What the hell happened here?" she wondered for a second before her mind shifted to something or more like someone more important. where was their daughter?

"Where is Eliana?" she quickly asked Rob

"I don't know love, let's go find her." he said as they started walking throughout the house, panic growing within them both as the rooms revealed empty.

"Eliana" Kristen screamed as she walked past her mother's bedroom. she heard a muffled scream come from inside. turning her head she saw her mother on the floor bounded with a gag in her mouth.

"Mom!" Kristen sobbed. she raced to her mother's side, falling to her knees. frantically trying to remove the gag

"Kris," her mom rasped out. "where is Eliana?"

"I was just about to ask you that..."

"I think he took her, she was crying and all the sudden she wasn't. I'm so sorry Kristen"

"It's not your fault mom.... " Rob entered the room.

"She's gone," Kristen choked out to him.

"Who?"

"Eliana who else?" Kristen said dumbfounded by Rob's stupidity at the moment

"Fuck!" he exclaimed as he got up, pulling his cell phone out of his pocket. Kristen closed her eyes, her head spinning. she didn't want to believe this was happening. the next few hours were a blur for her. she barely remembered the paramedics loading her mother into the ambulance. she didn't remember the police talking to them. "Missing infant" was all she heard. she vaguely remembered handing the officer a picture of their baby. all she really remembered was the overwhelming emotions and Rob holding her against his chest as she shook and sobbed.

It didn't really hit her until that night when she was laying in bed. they had just gotten home from the hospital where her mother was staying overnight for observation. She realized her and Eliana would be cuddling right now, she would be laying on Kristen's chest slowly falling asleep as she would whisper and sing to her. but now, her chest was empty and so were her arms. she rolled over and started crying into her pillow. the emotions too much for her.

 the emotions too much for her

"Kris..." Rob softly said as he came back in the bedroom. he went over and climbed into bed, pulling her into him, holding her as she cried. "it's going to be ok" he whispered

"What do you think she is doing right now?" She whispered

"I don't know sweetheart. we can't think the worst."

"I can't help but think the worst. this is our baby we are talking about."

"I know hun, but we need to remain positive. she needs us to be strong for her."

He himself didn't know what he felt or even what hurt worse, that his baby girl was missing or seeing Kristen in this state. she was a shell of a person, so withdrawn. her eyes were dark and filled with unshed tears and it had only been a few hours. he feared for the hours that lie ahead, he feared for his daughter's safety and Kristen's sanity. he pulled her closer hoping to get them both through the night, wondering who would do this.

-----------------------------------------------

What did you think? who do you think did this? comment your answers/ideas :) I'll give you one hint, someone has been watching them all these years and has intense anger towards Kristen. hope you liked it! :)