Chapter 1: Young Souls

In a town called Lindos, a boy walked out of a house while stretching. He looked up to the sky and around him. It was a nice sunny day, he started looking around again to see that two of his friends were walking towards his house.

He waved hello and headed towards them. Once the three of them had met up, they all talked about going to the forest just outside the city. The boy spaced out for a few seconds before his friend grabbed his attention.

Alepou: Ly? Lykos!

Alepou, one of their closest friends. She moved her brown hair from her face as she spoke. The boy, Lykos, looked over at her. He adjusted the beanie while they kept talking.

Lykos: Huh. What's going on?

Skylos: You spaced out there, are you good?

Skylos, the other boy. He smiled, hiding the light blue from his eyes as he asked the question.

Lykos: Yeah, just a little tired. I didn't sleep too well last night...actually, I had a terrible nightmare.

Alepou: Oo, storytime.

He started talking about it, explaining that it was like he saw the future. There were eight people, out of those eight, three of those were them. He said that they had to go on this journey through snowy plains and hills, and they had to fight with weapons that would just appear from thin air.

Alepou: You mean a Telum?

Lykos: Probably but...there's still more.

He kept explaining what had happened. He mentioned a woman with ice around her, he said that she wanted to kill all the remaining people but for some reason, she didn't. Something in Lykos had made him powerful, and he defeated her with ease.

Skylos: That sounds good, how is that a nightmare?

He kept explaining that Skylos had run away and that Alepou had died before. He said that he wasn't himself anymore and that he took out the rest of the group and left one survivor.

Lykos: I wish that would have been the end, but there was more...

He talked about seeing the group together again but at a different time and in a different way. Once again, Lykos wasn't in control, and he tries to kill them all. He managed to kill a few but another Lykos stopped him by sacrificing himself to save the remainder of the group. Alepou grabbed Lykos' shoulder and assured him it was just a nightmare.

Skylos: The fuck?

Alepou shouldered Skylos' ribs.

Alepou: I mean, It's just a dream...nothing bad will happen to us. After all, we aren't Telum users.

Lykos: Right...

Alepou: Cheer up, as long as the three of us are together, we'll be fine. Who could beat us, our dads were Protectors of Freedom.

Somewhere else in the world, two other people were running away from a city that was filled with smoke. A brown-haired boy was breathing heavily, tired from running. The other one, Inu, looked back at the boy, noticing how tired he was.

Inu: Any word from mom and-

Okami: Not a single one and I'm starting to get worried sick.

The two of them stopped running and looked back at the city. It was completely covered in smoke and a face could be seen in the smoke. Suddenly Okami's phone started ringing, and he immediately answered. It was a girl who answered, she said that she was fine and that Inu's mom was with her.

She also mentioned that she had seen them and that was heading towards them right now. Okami and Inu looked around and noticed the two. Okami and Inu ran towards the two of them.

Okami: Kit! I'm so glad you're okay!

The girl was Kitsune, Inu's sister and Okami's partner. She tied her long black hair, so it wouldn't get in her face. She was accompanied by their mother, Kawa, who was taking in deep breaths after running so much.

Inu: Where were you two?

Kawa: We were coming back home when all this happened. We went to check if you two were home but since you were gone we imagined that you had run away as well.

Okami and Kitsune hugged while Inu and Kawa talked about what had happened.

Kitsune: So what are we going to do now?

Kawa: We should go to the next city while this passes...

Okami: What even is that smoke? It almost seems sentient.

Inu: I believe that's an Enenra.

Okami: How's it gotten so big? Don't they reside by campfires?

Kawa: Someone probably tampered with it... Let's just keep walking.

The four turned their back on the city and started walking. Okami held hands with Kitsune while Inu and Kawa talked about a plan to find where to stay. Meanwhile, in a different place in the world, two people were on a snowy plain they were looking for a place to settle. The place seemed isolated, and no other life was seen. The two of them spotted a house and decided to stay there.

Volk: Hey Soba, haven't we been here before?

Volk, the brown-haired boy was accompanied by his friend, Sobaka. The two had been journeying from town to town for a while now.

Sobaka: Maybe we have, we'll know if there isn't any food. Now shut up and keep looking.

Volk: Fair enough. I wonder why there was just this house over here. It seems so...isolated from everything else. It's kinda bizarre if you think about it.

The two kept looking around for food and managed to find something.

Volk: Beans....great.

Sobaka: It's better than nothing.

Volk: I don't want to have the shits just because I have to survive.

Sobaka: If you don't want them, I'll take them.

Volk: Shut up...

The two sat down, dropped their gear, and started eating the beans. They talked about their life before everything had occurred. Everything was nice and calm and now the only thing they see is ice and snow. The freezing temperatures were driving them insane. They only wanted to find any sign of human life, maybe they would finally find a way out of that place.

Volk: We're staying here for today?

Sobaka: Does it look like we have any other choice dumbass.

Volk: Hey! I was just asking.

Sobaka: Then ask a less stupid question.

Volk: This man.

The two continued eating and then rested for the day. Surely, they would eventually find a way to escape such a cold and harsh environment...