Chapter 1: He is back

The door bell rings. Jeno looks up and sees that no one even thinks about standing up and opening the door. He lets out an exhausted sigh and stands up, going to the door.

When he opens the door, he frozes. In front of him is Jaemin. His Jaemin. Standing there with the smile, that always makes Jeno's heart flutter, with a really wide grin and.... a suitcase?

"I'm back.", Jaemin's smile seems to grow even wider, if possible.

"Y-You're what?", Jeno asks with wide eyes.

"Back. I'm back from my hiatus."

"B-but....?"

"I wanted to surprise you guys. Manager said, that I'm ready to come back. So here I am.", Jaemin says still smiling.

Jeno doesn't move. He just looks at Jaemin at shock. He didn't even had time to prepare for Jaemins return.
It is one thing to see him at school and to meet him on days, when he isn't too busy with NCT or studying, but a whole diffrent thing, when he will live with hime again.
How should Jeno control his goddamn feelings, when he sees Jaemin the whole day and night?

"Will you let me in?", Jaemin chuckles.

"Oh-uh"
"Jaemin you are back", Renjun screams and comes running from the living room together with Chenle and Jisung.

"Why are you still standing outside? Come inside, dummy.", Renjun says and takes Jaemin's suitcase out of his hands.

Jaemin thanks him and steps in to the dorm, where he immediately gets in a group hug with the two youngest.

Everyone is smiling and laughing, happy to have Jaemin back.
Except Jeno.
He sits on the opposite couch of the one, the others are sitting on. He desperately tries to calm down his heart, which hasn't stop beating so fast since he opened the door and saw Jaemin's smile.

The others are bombarding Jaemin with questions, which Jaemin answers, still with a smile on his lips and subtle looks in Jeno's direction.

Jeno can't stand it any longer. He abruptly stands up and got everyone's attention.
"I-uh need to go to the bathroom", he says quickly and leaves.

When he is inside the bathroom, he locks the door and looks at himself in the mirror.

"What are you thinking? Stop these thoughts. Jaemin is just a friend. Your best friend. He can't be more. He just can't. It will destroy our lifes and our careers. I can't let that happen. Get your shit together, Jeno!"

It's easy to say that, but not so easy to really do it. Jeno knows Jaemin since he entered the building of SM. They have a long history. They grew up and things got more complicated. Because when you grow up, things get more complicated. Because you start to fall in love and sometimes or how Jeno thinks, most of the times, you fall in love with not the most ideal person for you. And then it starts to become difficult.

Flashback *a few months ago*

It was a sunny day, so Jeno and Jaemin decided to eat their lunch outside under a tree.

They laughed like crazy, because of a joke Jeno made and because they always laugh, when they are together. It is their happy time.
Especially since Jaemin is in his hiatus and Jeno barely sees him.
It's hard for them both. They really miss each other. And everytime they are in school together, they can't stop smiling.

"I didn't know you can make funny jokes, Jeno-ah", Jaemin says, while he is almost falling on Jeno's lap, because he is laughing so hard.

"Hey, I tell you everytime I am jam. You just don't want to believe me", Jeno says and pouts, but Jaemin knows that he is just pretending to be sad.

But he decides to play along.
"Oh, I'm sorry Jeno. You really aren't no jam. You're right. Can you please forgive me?", Jaemin says also with a pout and leans over to look in Jenos eyes with puppy eyes.

Jeno gulps. "Fuck", he thinks. He never has such a huge urge to kiss Jaemin, but right now, that is the only thing he wants.

Jaemin looks at him with wide eyes and Jeno realizes that he said "Fuck" out loud. The younger one frowns and Jeno thinks "How can he look even more cute?".

"Is everything alright, Jeno?"
Even tho Jaemin got confused by Jeno's behaviour, he hasn't moved away. There is still only a few inches between their faces. Which causes Jeno's heart to beat faster.

"Shit", Jeno says and leans in further. He doesn't care anymore, all he wants is to know what Jaemin's lips feel like. No matter what it costs.

Jaemin still doesn't move. Actually, he even leans in further too. They both look in eachother's eyes like they are trying to find consentment.
Which they find.
The butterflies are going wild and the heartbeat goes even faster.
Jaemin closes his eyes and his breathing got quicker.

Their lips barely brush and suddenly the bell rings, tearing Jeno back to reality. He moves away, the distance between their faces getting bigger again.

"Jeno", Jaemin whines, eyes slowly opening.

"I-I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that.", Jeno hurries to say, while packing his stuff.

"N-no, Jeno, wait...", Jaemin tries to say, but Jeno interrupts him.

"I'm really sorry, Jaemin. We should go back to class. I will already go. See you there", Jeno says and stands up, walking away so fast, that it seems like he is running.

Running away from his feelings, from a stupid mistake and from a pouting Jaemin.

Flashback end

"Hello? Jeno, are you still inside there?". Jeno hears someone knocking at the door. Not just someone. This voice he would recognize everywhere and anytime.

He opens the door with a heavy heart. His breath is caught away, when he opens the door. Jaemin looks as stunning as ever and he has this cute little pout on his lips, which Jeno always wants to kiss away.

"Is everything alright?", Jaemin asks the same question as back then, which made Jeno's breath quicken.

"Ehm, yes. I-I'm just surprised, that you are already back", Jeno stutters.

Jaemin smiles. "God, damn this smile", Jeno thinks.
"That was my intention. To surprise you.", Jaemin's smile falters as Jeno still looks at him, as if he has done something wrong. If he would have any idea, that Jeno is just trying to calm his hormones down and not crash their lips together immediately.

"Are you not happy that I am back?"

"No, no. God no, Jaemin", Jeno hurries to say.
He gets enough confidence to grab Jaemin's hand. He rubs his thumb over it.
"I'm more than happy to have my best friend back."

"Yeah....best friend", Jaemin murmurs.

"Huh?", Jeno looks confused.

"Manager will be here in some minutes. We have to decide the new roommates, now that I'm back here. Are you coming back to the living room?", Jaemin says and now looks at their hands, which are still intertwined.

"Y-yeah", Jeno says, who is also looking at their hands. When he looks up and looks in Jaemin's eyes, which are also looking in his, he forgets everything again.

He starts to lean in further and Jaemin closes his eyes, almost like an instinct.

"Manager is here." Renjun screams and the couple immediately brings some distance between their faces.

"Are you coming?", Renjun screams again.

"Y-yeah, we are coming", Jeno screams back.

Jaemin and Jeno look at each other. And the look says more than thousand of words.

Jeno lets go of Jaemin's hand.
"So, shall we?"

"Y-Yeah, we shall", Jaemin answers.