Chapter 65

When Meng Xing came home, Meng Shengrong was already waiting in the lobby. Seeing Meng Xing's return, his always serious face couldn't help but smile: "I'm back, Fang Ru didn't come back with him?"

"No, she laboratory There's still something to do." Meng Xing said, "Yes, grandpa, everything is ready, the day after tomorrow, the marriage will be proposed, and there must be no mistakes."

Meng Shengrong leaned on a cane and glared at his grandson: "Your grandpa So unreliable, such a thing, do you want to tell you?"

"Of course not, I'm not the first time, I'm a little nervous." Meng Xing said.

Meng Shengrong originally wanted to scold his grandson a few words, but thought that this time Meng Xing was injured and Fang Ru's little girl, he really liked it, so he didn't say anything more.

"Everything is ready, put your heart back in your stomach, there will be no mistakes in the proposal of marriage."

After saying this, Meng Shengrong straightened his face: "Is there any plans in the future? Have you thought about it?"

Meng Shengrong A little worried, Meng Xing has always been somewhat resistant to the troops. In fact, Meng Shengrong knew that it was not the troops that Meng Xing resisted, but him.

Because of his son's nonsense, he placed all his hopes on Meng Xing. When he was young, it was inevitable that he was too harsh on him, so the things he decided, Meng Xing would always go the other way.

For example, Meng Shengrong disagreed with the matter of going to the countryside to become an educated youth, but Meng Xing just concealed his name from him, and when he knew it, the list had been handed in.

Meng Shengrong looked at Meng Xing. After the baptism of war, Meng Xing looked more mature and bold.

Standing in front of Meng Xing like this, Meng Shengrong felt for the first time that he was old and his grandson had grown up. He could no longer force him to act according to his own opinions.

"You have to think about it clearly. Grandpa is old for three generations of the Meng family. Your father is useless. Now only you can support the Meng family. Grandpa knows that you blame Grandpa, but I still hope that you will decide what to do. , The interests of the Meng family should be put first."

Meng Xing looked at Meng Shengrong in front of him. Although he tried to stand up straight, he was still humped. His original black and white hair is now much more white than black.

Seeing the request in Meng Shengrong's eyes, Meng Xing never realized more clearly than now that Grandpa is really old.

This old man, who used to say no to one thing at home, also began to soften in front of his grandson.

"Grandpa, I have not complained about you. Over the years, if it were not for your careful training, there would be no me now. I am ready to stay in the army. I like the simple and passionate military life."

Meng Xing said I didn't know my future plans, yes, what I thought was annoying and wanted to escape, but after personal experience, I realized that what I wanted to escape most was the one I longed for the most.

"Okay, good boy." Meng Shengrong's eyes were wet. He raised his wrinkled hands and wiped the

corners of his eyes. "You are a good boy." After all, Meng Shengrong was not suitable for sentimentalism. After the brief emotions passed, he began to help. Meng Xing analyzed the future.

"This time, you no small contribution, I can help you find out a bit, if you want to stay in the city of Beijing, only to rise to deputy division commander, awarded the rank of colonel, if you go south, you can rise to division commander, awarded the rank of major general."

"Stay Let's be in Beijing." Meng Xing made a decision quickly, but it was a level, and there will still be opportunities in the future, but if he goes to the south, he will be separated from Fang Ru again.

The time spent with Fang Ru during this period also made him fully aware of Fang Ru's dedication to studies and laboratories, and Fang Ru's major and the direction she wants to study in the future have all been decided. She will definitely take the postgraduate entrance examination in the future. Cowboy.

The biopharmaceutical major of Beijing University is the best among the same majors in universities across the country. It is obviously impossible for Fang Ru to follow him to the south, so he can only stay.

Meng Shengrong nodded: "It's okay to stay in Beijing, although the level is one level lower, but our Meng family's roots are in Beijing, and our contacts are also in Beijing. Your father can't support the Meng family. If you leave for too long, our family I'm marginalized by this circle."

"Well, let's just settle this matter. Don't worry. Now the key is to go to Fang's family to

propose a marriage and set the wedding date early." Speaking of this, Meng Shengrong laughed: "I don't see you worrying about how you used to rush you. Now I have talked about a person, but you are rushing. Okay, grandpa will ask someone to re-check the betrothal gift tomorrow to ensure that there will be no mistakes."

"Thank you, grandpa. I'll go upstairs to put things away first." Meng Xing glanced at the corner of the stairs, and a flash of sarcasm flashed through his eyes.

After Meng Xing went upstairs, Meng Shengrong sat on the sofa for a while and followed upstairs.

After both of them went upstairs, Zheng Xin walked out from the corner of the stairs. Her hands were tightly clenched, showing her inner anger, is Meng Xing actually going to Fang's family to propose marriage? How can this work?

It seemed that the plan was going ahead, Zheng Xin's eyes were decisive.

"Auntie, what's the matter with you looking for me?" Sun Tong was a little strange. Zheng Xin clearly told her not to come over for a few days. Why did he suddenly come here today.

Zheng Xin's face was not good: "The day after tomorrow, Meng Xing is going to Fang's family to propose marriage."

"What? Auntie, didn't you say that before? You said that I would marry Meng Xing, now Meng Xing wakes up. The Fang family proposes a marriage, what do you want me to do?"

Sun Tong became anxious when he heard it. Meng Xing had nothing to do with Fang Ru. She could bear it, but how could they get married?

"What are you yelling at me?" Zheng Xin was a little upset at Sun Tong's yelling, "How do I usually teach you, yelling can solve problems when you encounter things?"

"Auntie, don't be angry , I've always been anxious." Sun Tong also realized that his attitude made Zheng Xin angry, "Auntie, then, what should we do now?"

Seeing Zheng Xin not speaking, Sun Tong approached Zheng Xin and shook her arm: "Auntie, you are the best. I know you have a way. You must have a way to get me to marry Meng Xing, right? "

Okay, don't shake it, it made my head dizzy." Zheng Xin squinted at Sun Tong, "I called you today to tell you that I have an idea and need your cooperation."

Sun Tong stood. He straightened his body and nodded obediently: "Auntie, you said, I'm listening."

Zheng Xin leaned into Sun Tong's ear and said a few words. Sun Tong's eyes widened: "No, I can't do this. Wan What should I do as soon as

I am found? It won't be a shame?" Zheng Xin put her arms around her chest and looked at Sun Tong slantingly: "I'll tell you how to do it. It's up to you whether you can do it or not. Don't dare to do it, do you still want to marry Meng Xing? You don't look at Fang Ru, no matter how good looks or talent is, how can you compare to her?"

Sun Tong hesitated: "But, in case I did. , Meng Xing still disagrees with what to do? Then I'll be over."

Zheng Xin nodded Sun Tong's forehead: "What are you afraid of, do you still have your aunt and I am here? If it's not good, I still have your uncle. You two have really become a problem. Are you afraid that Meng Xing would dare not marry you?"

"You have to think about it. Marrying Meng Xing, you don't have to be aggrieved in that small unit. I heard that Now, when Meng Xing comes back this time, she will stay in Beijing and will soon become the deputy teacher. If you marry him, you will be the teacher's wife."

Zheng Xin's voice is very low and low, but with the temptation from hell.

Sun Tong's heart moved: "Then, I will listen to you, Auntie, I will do what you say. However, you must support me when that happens."

Zheng Xin smiled, "Don't worry. You are my niece, of course I hope you are hello, hello is mine."

Sun Tong looked at Zheng Xin and smiled.

At dinner in the evening, Meng Xing saw that Sun Tong was there, and remembered Zheng Xin hiding behind the stairs in the afternoon, so he kept his heart secret.

"Axing, this is Sun Tong, you should have met your Aunt Zheng's niece. You young people, if you have topics, you can talk together." Meng Yi said, "When you were hospitalized, Sun Tong didn't pay. Did you give you soup?"

Meng Xing glanced at Sun Tong, and the corners of his mouth twitched slightly: "Dad, you are wrong. I already have a partner. I have no conversation with other girls. I am a serious person, no Like some people, they obviously get married and don't love themselves."

"You..." Meng Yi pointed to Meng Xing with his right hand, "Meng Xing, don't go too far."

Meng Xing snorted and buried his head to eat.

Zheng Xin tugged at the corner of Meng Yi's clothes: "Lao Meng, don't be angry with the child."

Meng Yi took a few deep breaths, and then his heart was in harmony. At first he felt that Zheng Xin's methods were a bit out of the ordinary, but seeing Meng Xing doing this, Meng Yi nodded towards Zheng Xin.

A hint of joy flashed in Zheng Xin's eyes.

Wang Sao took out a few bowls of soup from the kitchen on a tray and distributed them to everyone on the table. The last bowl was placed in front of Meng Xing.

Meng Xing had been observing Zheng Xin in secret all night, and Zheng Xin had never looked abnormal.

Until Wang Sao brought the soup, Zheng Xin's eyes came over.

Meng Xing calmly picked up the soup bowl and made a gesture to drink the soup, but stared at Zheng Xin from the corner of his eyes.

When his lips were about to touch the soup bowl, Zheng Xin's eyes flashed with joy.

Meng Xing looked at the soup in the bowl and put the bowl on the table, Zheng Xin's face showed a trace of tension.

"Why, this soup doesn't suit your appetite?" Meng Yi asked.

"That's not right, it's a bit hot, I'll drink it later."

Meng Xing said. Through observing Zheng Xin's expression, Meng Xing is almost certain that there is something wrong with this bowl of soup.

And Meng Yi's question made Meng Xing confirm this.

Meng Zheng curled his lips on the side. Today, his father seemed to be very concerned about Meng Xing.

Meng Xing picked up the soup bowl again. Although Zheng Xin pretended to be concentrating on eating, his eyes had been focused on Meng Xing's movements.

After picking up the soup bowl, Meng Xing frowned and put the soup bowl down again. Watching Zheng Xin's emotional ups and downs following her movements, Meng Xing knew that he didn't need to try any more.

No matter what Zheng Xin's purpose is, in short, she will never realize it.

Meng Xing suddenly covered her chest: "Grandpa, my wound seems to be a little bit painful again."

Meng Shengrong's expression changed, and she quickly asked Wang's wife to call the family doctor Wu to come over.

After Dr. Wu came over, he checked Meng Xing for a long time before he said, "There is nothing wrong with the heart."

Meng Shengrong said anxiously, "Or, go to the hospital for a check. There is a complete set of equipment, so you can find out what's wrong with your body. "

Meng woke sat up:." no, I have some pain in my grandfather, because it tasted a little bowl of soup, the soup will not be using something, and now I eat the medicine clash. "

" This is also possible," said Doctor Wu, standing aside with his hand held down.

Hearing this, Meng Shengrong looked at Sao Wang: "Sao Wang, what did you put in this soup? Didn't you tell you all the things Meng Xing's forbidden to eat? Why do things that shouldn't appear in the soup?"

Wang Sao was stunned for a moment: "I didn't put anything. This is just a bowl of ordinary fish soup. I put ginger and green onions in it. Can't I also put these things, right?"

"Then why Meng Xing's heart Will it hurt?" Meng Shengrong's face sank, "Wang Sao, think about it carefully, if you put something else, quickly say it."

Wang Sao said with a bitter face: "I really didn't put anything, right Now, I remembered. When I was cooking the soup, Sun Tong came and said that he put some milk in the soup, but I didn't care."

"Sister Wang, don't talk nonsense. I didn't put anything in Meng Xing's bowl. When I put it, you saw it. I put it in the pot. If there is any problem, everyone should have problems. . " "

Besides, I put the milk, which was the make up of the body, but also remove the smell of fish soup. "Sun Tong see Wangsao involved on their own, quickly he explained.

"It turned out to be milk. No wonder I think the fish soup tastes fresher today." Meng Zheng said from the side.

"That's right, I really only put milk. Besides, what reason do I have to harm Brother Meng Xing." Sun Tong looked aggrieved and looked at Meng Xing, "Brother Meng Xing, you have to believe me, I It didn't hurt you."

Meng Xing's hand knocked on the table: "You all said that you did nothing wrong. In this case, Dr. Wu, you take this bowl of soup to the hospital for examination and see what ingredients are in the soup. "

Okay, wait two hours for me to get results." Doctor Wu pushed the glasses on his face.

"Does it need to make such a fuss? Brother, don't you have nothing to do?" Meng Zheng leaned on the chair with a nonchalant expression on his face.

"Is there nothing? What do you say, that's your brother, it's really late if something happens." Meng Shengrong patted the table, his beard almost curled up with anger.

"Doctor Wu, just listen to Meng Xing. Take this soup back to the hospital for an examination. We will wait for you to get the result here." Meng Shengrong said to Dr. Wu.

"Dad, don't use it. It's not a big deal. In case there is nothing in the soup, it's not like asking someone to watch a joke." Meng Yi stood up.

Meng Shengrong also noticed something was wrong at this moment, Meng Yi was a jerk, and Meng Xing was also his son.

Obviously, Meng Yi woke up with a problem. Not only did Meng Yi not care, he also seemed to want to help cover it up. Meng Shengrong lowered his eyelids and started a violent struggle inside.

He had already guessed that Meng Xing's bowl of soup should have something to do with Meng Yi, even if he didn't make it, he knew what was going on.

Meng Xing was also looking at Meng Shengrong. He wanted to know what choice Meng Shengrong would make this time.

He was grateful to Meng Shengrong for raising him, but there was not a hint of resentment in his heart for Meng Shengrong's connivance of Meng Yi.

Dr. Wu stood by, watching his nose and his heart, turning a blind eye to everything in the hall. This is obviously a family affair of the Meng family, not something he can participate in.

The hall was quiet, but there was a hint of tension in the quietness of writing, as if only a lead could trigger an uproar.

Meng Shengrong looked at a grandson, Meng Xing's face was calm, and he looked at Meng Yi again, with a trace of anxiety in Meng Yi's eyes. Comparing his son and grandson, it is obvious that Meng Xing is much better than his old son Meng Yi.

After thinking of the Meng family, Meng Shengrong closed his eyes and let out a long sigh of relief.

When he re-opened his eyes, his eyes already reveals a hint of the firm, he turned to Dr Ng said:. "Take this bowl of soup hospital for tests, done after the inspection, I notice the results immediately"

to finish this It was decided that Meng Shengrong's back was bent down suddenly, his whole body seemed to lose his energy, his expression would be extremely defeated in the past.

"Dad." Meng Yi looked at Meng Shengrong's eyes with disbelief, "Dad, how can you?"

Meng Shengrong looked tired and waved to Doctor Wu: "Doctor Wu, go."

Doctor Wu bent at Meng Shengrong. Bend down, took out the container from his own medicine cabinet, and prepared to collect the bowl of soup.

At this moment, something happened suddenly, Zheng Xin suddenly clutched her stomach and shouted: "Oh, my stomach hurts."

The moment she shouted, her body fell on the dining table, and she waved one arm forward, watching About to encounter the bowl of soup in front of Meng Xing.

Suddenly, one hand picked up the bowl of soup, and the owner of the hand leaped back, avoiding the arm that Zheng Xin waved over.

After Meng Xing stood firm, the soup in his hand did not spill at all. He looked at Zheng Xin and sneered, "Why, want to destroy the evidence?"

Zheng Xin's face was pale, her stomach was lying on the table, her voice weak: "What are you talking about, I just have a sudden stomachache, how can I destroy any evidence?"

Meng Xing ignored her and handed the bowl to Doctor Wu: " Doctor Wu, please."

Doctor Wu nodded, and after filling some soup in the container, he left Meng's house with the medicine box.

Zheng Xin's face turned paler when she saw Doctor Wu gone. She lay motionless on the table, as if dead.

Meng Yi approached Zheng Xin: "Zheng Xin, are you okay?"

Zheng Xin raised her head and looked at Meng Yi with grievances on her face: "Lao Meng, my stomach hurts so much, am I about to die? I don't want to die. I still want to spend my life with you."

"Don't talk nonsense, I'll take you to the hospital now, it's okay." Meng Yi said he was going to help Zheng Xin get up, and Sun Tong and Meng Zheng also left. Come here.

Meng Xing watched the movements of several people coldly, and snorted: "No one will want to leave this house until the results come out."

Meng Yi's footsteps stopped, and his face was full of anger, and he yelled at Meng Xing: "Meng Xing. Wake up, you are too much. You unfilial son, haven't you seen how your Aunt Zheng is already in pain? You don't let us leave here, do you want her to die?"

Meng Xing sneered: " Does she really have a stomachache? Dad, I'm your son, so you don't want to know, who wants to kill your son?"

"Why don't I want to know? But I will send you Aunt Zheng to the hospital first, and then come back to wait for you The result, isn't it the same? Don't get in the way here, your Aunt Zheng is already in pain, I have to take her to the hospital quickly."

Meng Xing looked at Meng Shengrong: "Grandpa, you think I should let them go to the hospital. Is it?"

Meng Shengrong looked at his unworthy son and the pretending Zheng Xin, shaking with anger.

At this time, Meng Yi didn't want to make up for the relationship with Meng Xing, but only wanted to escape.

Meng Shengrong knocked on the floor with a cane: "Enough, don't pretend. You explain to yourself, what kind of medicine is put in Meng Xing's bowl."

Zheng Xin still clutched his stomach and shouted that it hurts, but Meng Yi said nothing. , Sun Tong stood aside and lowered his head, not knowing what he was thinking.

Instead, Meng Zheng looked at his mother, then at Meng Xing, and suddenly said, "Mom, you really gave my brother the medicine? What kind of medicine, isn't it that kind of medicine?"

After speaking, he looked again. Xiang Sun Tong: "Sister Wang said that you went to the kitchen. It was the medicine you gave? Do you want to marry my brother? My brother doesn't want to, so you just think about the medicine so that you can cook mature rice with good raw rice?"

Sun Tong suddenly raised his head and stared at Meng Zheng, "Cousin, what are you talking nonsense? How could I give your brother medicine?"

Meng Zheng winked at Sun Tong's shoulder and winked at her: "Don't be like this. If you have good things to share, where did your medicine come from?"

"I said, I didn't give your brother the medicine, so don't bother me anymore."

Sun Tong flushed with anger, although Meng Zheng usually does No brains, but she never demolished her desk like this. When he said this, he didn't make it clear that he did it himself.

"I said Sun Tong, you are not interesting enough. I think I am always good to your cousin. My mother is so good to you, sometimes better than my own son. I didn't say anything. Just ask. You don't tell me something like this?"

"

Asshole !" Meng Shengrong almost vomited a mouthful of old blood when he saw Meng Zheng like this. In this case, I am completely unaware of the seriousness of the matter.

"Grandpa, don't be angry. I am not curious. I have only heard of that kind of medicine, but I have never seen it. I didn't expect my mother and cousin to be quite capable. Where did they buy it?" Meng Zheng looked curious.

Zheng Xin clutched his stomach, buried his head in Meng Yi's arms, and was almost mad at her son.

How could she give birth to such a son? She stretched out her hand and pinched Meng Yi. Meng Yi knew, and stared at Meng Zheng: "Azhen, what are you talking about nonsense, what medicine? How could your mother give your brother the medicine? Don't make trouble here, don't you usually go out early this time, get out, don't stay at home and get in the way."

Meng Zheng was scolded by his father, and he was unhappy: "Dad, what's the matter with you? Usually I go out and you say me. If I don't go out today, you say me again. What do you think of me?"

Meng Yi was also stunned by this unclear son: "You can get out of here, don't let me see You."

Meng Xing looked at Meng Yi from the side, sneered in his heart, this is your beloved good son, this is the good son you think is a hundred times stronger than me. Now, how does it feel to be poked by your beloved son?

At this moment, Meng Xing was a little grateful for Meng Yi and Zheng Xin's usual petting Meng Zheng. If it weren't for the two people's doting on Meng Zheng, how could Meng Zheng grow crooked like he is now.

Meng Shengrong was also given a headache by Meng Zheng's rascal appearance. He waved his hand: "Azhen, there is nothing to do with you here. Go out and play."

Meng Zheng saw that his grandfather and father both let him out, so he had no choice but to let him out. Nodded.

But before leaving, he still approached Sun Tong and said in a low voice: "It doesn't matter if you don't tell me now. When we two are alone together, you tell me where the medicine was bought, and I want to buy two. Give it a try."

Although he said this quietly, Sun Tong was standing next to Zheng Xin, and Zheng Xin heard it. She endured and endured, still not holding back, turned around and yelled at Meng Zheng: "Fuck!"

Meng Zheng curled her lips: "Fuck off, what are you doing with such a bad temper."

Zheng Xin was about to be given to by her son. Furious, how could she give birth to such a pig-like son.

"Aren't you telling the truth?" Meng Shengrong looked at Meng Yi and Zheng Xin, "Don't tell me now. When the test results come out, I won't be as good at talking as I am now."

Meng Yi lowered his head, wondering what he was thinking. After a long while, he raised his head, just about to say something, but was grabbed by Zheng Xin who was lying in his arms.

Meng Yi lowered his head, just as Zheng Xin shook his head at him.

The determination that Meng Yi had just made was shaken again. He raised his head and looked at his father: "Dad, what are you talking about? This matter has nothing to do with us. Maybe it is Meng Xing who has offended someone in the south. She was

drugged ." Meng Shengrong was completely disappointed when he saw his son like this. This son was really hopeless.

He really regretted being manipulated by a woman like Zheng Xin, and he shouldn't have looked at the child in Zheng Xin's stomach and let her go. Now, it's too late to say anything.

"Okay, very good, since you refuse to say, when the results come out, don't blame me for being a ruthless

old man ." Hearing Meng Shengrong's words, Meng Yi felt a little shaken in his heart, but was stopped by Zheng Xin: "Let's not Admit it, father can't help us? But if he admits it, this matter will be difficult to handle."

Meng Yi thought about it, that's right. He is his father's son, and his father is angry. He is just scolding him and hitting him a few times at most. What else? He shut up and waited for the result quietly.

Meng Xing looked at Meng Yi like this, and there was a hint of mockery in his eyes, how could such a person be worthy of his mother.

Meng Shengrong also saw that his son was completely abolished. He sighed, ignored Meng Yi, and waved at Meng Xing: "A Xing, help me sit there."

Meng Xing walked over and took charge of Meng Shengrong and sat down on the sofa.

"Are you okay?" Meng Shengrong asked.

"It's okay," Meng Xing said.

"It's okay."

Meng Shengrong nodded. In fact, he also knows that although Zheng Xin calculated Meng Xing about this matter today, Meng Xing also calculated Zheng Xin in turn. He said that the chest pain should be just for quotation. Come to Dr. Wu to check the bowl of soup.

Meng Shengrong sighed. Meng Xing's wings became harder and harder. He began to pursue Meng Yi's mistakes, but he was old and could not protect his son. What's more, the future of the Meng family depends on Meng Xing. He can't be too cold in Meng Xing's heart.

It's just that the point is still to be mentioned: "I did it today according to your wishes. You should be punished if you made a mistake, but Meng Zheng is a bit stupid, but he has never done anything to be sorry for you. I I hope you will be in charge of the Meng family in the future and don't blame him for the mistakes of the previous generation."

Meng Xing smiled: "Grandpa, what do you think? Don't worry, I won't involve innocent people."

"That's fine ." "Meng Shengrong nodded.

"Ring ringing", the phone in the lobby rang, and everyone looked in the direction of the phone.

Meng Shengrong's body halted, he didn't even want to receive this call, but the one who should come will still come.

Meng Shengrong stood up trembling.

"Grandpa, I'll help you." Meng Xing wanted to support Meng Shengrong's arm, but he was pushed away.

Meng Shengrong leaned on crutches and walked to the phone step by step. His steps were heavy and slow, and each step was like walking on a sharp knife.

Every step he took, his heart hurt, but he had to go forward again.

After answering the phone, Meng Shengrong held the phone without moving for a long time. He didn't come back to his senses until the microphone slipped from his hand.

He walked back slowly and stood in front of Meng Yi without saying a word.

Meng Yi looked at Meng Shengrong's expressionless face, a little scared, he swallowed his saliva, and his voice was a little hoarse: "Dad, what did you say on the phone?"

Meng Shengrong raised his hand and slapped Meng Yi's face with a slap: " What did you say on the phone? Don't you know better than me?"